IGNORED

Steven Gerrard In The Team Of The Tournament.

Craven arms

Good player my ass.he and the whole team should be charge with treason.absolute disgrace.

disgrace? Hardly. Just not as good as our media hypes them. As discussed to death on here many times.

Gerrard was class, poor guy, totally wasted at Liverpool, should have moved when Owen did, If he has any sense he will move to Spain, he would destroy that league single handedly.

Not now he wouldn't.

My team of Tournament would be

Casillas (Spain)

Lahm (Germany)

Ramos (Spain)

Pepe (Portugal)

Coentrao(Portugal)

Ozil (Germany)

Iniesta (Spain)

Silva (Spain)

Pirlo (Italy)

Ronaldo (Portugal)

Fabregas (Spain)

That would be mine aswell, maybe change Fabregas for Balotelli.. just to be controversial. :)

My team of Tournament would be

Casillas (Spain)

Lahm (Germany)

Ramos (Spain)

Pepe (Portugal)

Coentrao(Portugal)

Ozil (Germany)

Iniesta (Spain)

Silva (Spain)

Pirlo (Italy)

Ronaldo (Portugal)

Fabregas (Spain)

Pique and Alba in for Lahm and Pepe.

3 assists, yeah. Might even have been the only 3 passes he completed though?

I don't think he was anything to write home about to be honest, especially considering how overrun we looked in midfield much of the time.

As for destroying the Spanish league? He wouldn't even touch the ball.

3 assists is an excellent return and he was certainly, although not saying a great deal, one of England's best players.

Appear to be in the minority but its his leadership skills that bother me. He doesn't strike me as a captain and any defence of him on this front seems to revolve around him 'leading by example.' Perhaps slightly old fashioned but Parker is a much stronger captaincy candidate and I was very disappointed when it reverted to Gerrard.

Very much hope Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard and Lampard are now retired and we place a greater emphasis on youth, building a team for the future that can compete rather than recycling the same players and same ideas to inevitably plateau at mediocrity.

3 assists is an excellent return and he was certainly, although not saying a great deal, one of England's best players.

Appear to be in the minority but its his leadership skills that bother me. He doesn't strike me as a captain and any defence of him on this front seems to revolve around him 'leading by example.' Perhaps slightly old fashioned but Parker is a much stronger captaincy candidate and I was very disappointed when it reverted to Gerrard.

Very much hope Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard and Lampard are now retired and we place a greater emphasis on youth, building a team for the future that can compete rather than recycling the same players and same ideas to inevitably plateau at mediocrity.

Doesn't strike me as a captain?? Are you for real??! Fantastic Liverpool captain.

Disgrace? I didn't see one player giving anything less than 100%.

That will do for me as I know we don't have the ability.

You took issue with me when I said the England players are not good enough before the championship . I see that you have come round to my view that we have some very average players .

Just off the top of my head Modric, Moutinho and the Russian play maker were miles better than Stevie Me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dzagoev heading to Chelsea given the connection, especially now Roman has a manager who'll do what he's told.

Doesn't strike me as a captain?? Are you for real??! Fantastic Liverpool captain.

Think he's more a talisman than a captain, and I do think there can be a difference.

Dynamic player who has scored great goals in knife edge situations granted, but he'd had an underwhelming season and stats showed that Liverpool had a lower win percentage in the games he started.

Not trying to criticise him, as said he was one of England's better players while Rooney and Young, for example, didn't show up. But, in my opinion, Parker is a better/stronger leader and we must now move away from the 'golden' generation and look more long term than how to get through the next game. Which, I tend to think, Hodgson will now do, albeit with Gerrard as captain.

Archived