IGNORED

All Too Quiet

alandicks

Not that interesting but on the BBC web site we are the only team left with the headline "Coyle faces Burnley in first game". This obviously came out on the day the fixtures were announced. All other clubs have had some news since then but not City ? Why are we so boring ?? :dancer2:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/championship/

ahem...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/146897-slow-news-month-at-city/

The article on the club website today mentions Del is currently out of the UK.

Again!!!!....has he actually spent any of the summer in the UK?

He was abroad when he came back for the meeting with SL

was abroad when Morris signed.

Abroad now

No wonder we are struggling to make signings with pre-season less than a week away.

Again!!!!....has he actually spent any of the summer in the UK?

He was abroad when he came back for the meeting with SL

was abroad when Morris signed.

Abroad now

No wonder we are struggling to make signings with pre-season less than a week away.

Good lord, are you ever happy?

What does the manager actually have to do with signing a player, other than identifying them and supplying a list to those with the calculators? I know GJ used to do his infamous 'interviews', but that can be done over the phone, skype etc if DMc wants to do the same

I wouldn't worry about him being out of the country - I'm sure all is well

Cheer up sausage

What does the manager actually have to do with signing a player, other than identifying them and supplying a list to those with the calculators? I know GJ used to do his infamous 'interviews', but that can be done over the phone, skype etc if DMc wants to do the same

I wouldn't worry about him being out of the country - I'm sure all is well

Cheer up sausage

Unfortunately I seem to remember comments in the "don't worry mode" like this for the last couple of years.When the transfer market appears to be a no go area for Bristol City whilst other clubs are becoming more active. I noted Del said that he was after targets in the top divisions in England. It smacks of Millen who set his sights too high and failed to sort out the problems areas. The fact we have signed no one but Morris suggests Del is hitting the same brickwall.Why we are not looking in the lower leagues I cannot understand. And although Del definitely deserves and should have a holiday . I am surprised he is away before we have nailed down some of his key targets. This window is make or break for us as Del has said himself.

Unfortunately I seem to remember comments in the "don't worry mode" like this for the last couple of years.When the transfer market appears to be a no go area for Bristol City whilst other clubs are becoming more active. I noted Del said that he was after targets in the top divisions in England. It smacks of Millen who set his sights too high and failed to sort out the problems areas. The fact we have signed no one but Morris suggests Del is hitting the same brickwall.Why we are not looking in the lower leagues I cannot understand. And although Del definitely deserves and should have a holiday . I am surprised he is away before we have nailed down some of his key targets. This window is make or break for us as Del has said himself.

Agree this sort of message has become all too familiar but as highlighted before we don't know how Del likes to do business, it could be that he's used email, phone or skype for the early stages of any deal and has organised meetings with players who are interested in going further for when he gets back.

Indeed.

His "only looking at prem and championship" players is very shorted sighted and smacks me as a lack of knowledge of lower league players, some of our best signings in recent seasons have been from so called "lesser clubs" lots of young talent in league 1 and 2 but it appears Del isn't even looking there? While just seems to have been enjoying extended breaks, first Dubai, then America, now wherever he is now.

The difference is del is more professional in what he does..None of us have any idea what targets hes after and del might well be abroad but thats why the two lansdowns and dawes come into it..Seems to me things are close to be finalised If del wants a deal im sure he will get one. :) or two three four and five...

Hes on hols and still working like the commitment.

Indeed.

His "only looking at prem and championship" players is very shorted sighted and smacks me as a lack of knowledge of lower league players, some of our best signings in recent seasons have been from so called "lesser clubs" lots of young talent in league 1 and 2 but it appears Del isn't even looking there? While just seems to have been enjoying extended breaks, first Dubai, then America, now wherever he is now.

I think this answers your question Woodsy.....

hopefully in the us talking freddy montero into signing for us

Exactly this, or similar. ( if that's possible)

'Del is currently out of the U.K.' doesn't automatically mean he's lounging about on holiday.

Could be a foreign signing on the cards or even perhaps meeting up with a potential signing who's on holiday himself.

Del doesn't give the impression of being a slacker at all - far from it - and with pre season training starting next week it's very likely it's a work related trip rather than a holiday.

'Del is currently out of the U.K.' doesn't automatically mean he's lounging about on holiday.

Could be a foreign signing on the cards or even perhaps meeting up with a potential signing who's on holiday himself.

Del doesn't give the impression of being a slacker at all - far from it - and with pre season training starting next week it's very likely it's a work related trip rather than a holiday.

Come on Noggers, how very innocent of you to think well of DMc, tut tut

He is staying as far away from your camera as physically possible during the close season!

Come on Noggers, how very innocent of you to think well of DMc, tut tut

Whisper it Woodsy, but Mrs. The Bad thinks 'he's probably gone on a 4 day mini break to Berlin (cheapest she could find on last minute,com) with his wife'.

'And GOOD for him'

But what about the children? :shocking:

'His wife's sister will be looking after them, so that'll be fine.'

So there we have it, mystery solved, and Del returns even more happily married with a couple of new Bundesliga signings in tow for Monday.

As I recall Del has children in school up here.

They broke up last week so as any family man would perhaps he has taken his family away for a break.

And good for him.

He probably took them out of school a few weeks ago.

Just him and the wife, plus snaring a couple of new foreign signings while she's out shopping..

GOOD FOR HIM.

Archived