IGNORED

Portsmouth Fc - Deary Me

Super

Couldn't help but notice Greg Halford, Liam Lawrence, David Norris and Erik Huseklepp, all of which for sure could do a job for us. Would just depend what wages they're on, can't see Pompey being in a position to refuse many offers for them.

I'm sorry but I have to blame the players.

Tal Ben Haim knows the club is in financial ruin but still takes £36,000 a week. That is disgusting and disrespectful!

He doesn't need the money and should take a massive pay cut if he has any respect for the fellow fans!

Tal Ben Haim knows the club is in financial ruin but still takes £36,000 a week. That is disgusting and disrespectful!

He doesn't need the money and should take a massive pay cut if he has any respect for the fellow fans!

Agree to still take £36,000 a week is shocking, shows level of commitment to clubs players now have generally, if they truely cared he would probably half his contract at a minimum. £18,000 a week would still take £500,000 for a season.

36k a week is staggering in league one!!!

Club were stupid enough to offer the contract, club were stupid enough not to put in relegation clauses, club was stupid enough get themselves into this trouble twice.

No sympathy for club whatsoever, they created the problem by creating unmanageable wage bill.

Player is doing nothing wrong but working for the money he signed a contract to earn

The day they came out of previous administration they signed Kitson and Lawerence on silly money,

Fans...they didn't care about long term problems, just arrogance of ex-prem team thinking championship was beneath them.

I had sympathy for the fans the first time this all happened but not any longer.

They wouldn't give a shite if they could sign some more players on the never never.

These players are sucking huge sums of money out of the club whereas the creditors have next to no chance of getting any money.

In any other business they would be sold on or made redundant.

Truly astonishing.

The Gaurdian did a report in 2010 claiming Kanu was 42 and that Taribo West was in his late fifties !!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/21/nigerian-football-age-old-problem?INTCMP=SRCH

very interesting read. It could just be down to records not being kept properly in these countries so they guestimate their age? I cant see Taribo west being that old and able to keep up with proffesional footballers though.

Club were stupid enough to offer the contract, club were stupid enough not to put in relegation clauses, club was stupid enough get themselves into this trouble twice.

No sympathy for club whatsoever, they created the problem by creating unmanageable wage bill.

Player is doing nothing wrong but working for the money he signed a contract to earn

The day they came out of previous administration they signed Kitson and Lawerence on silly money,

Fans...they didn't care about long term problems, just arrogance of ex-prem team thinking championship was beneath them.

Well bugger me Philip, I'm going to agree with you .on this one. Not the players fault if someone wants to pay silly money, thank you - kerching

2009/10 the average premier league weekly wage was £22.5k

2009/10 the average championship weekly wage was £4k

What on earth Pompey were doing offering £36k a week to a CB beggars belief.

Stupid what they would do just to attract a big name, so many good players at this level or lower who are on a fraction that.

Journos taboot are usually Knobs,

but i like the "Drift " bit

The 10 highly paid members of Michael Appleton’s squad will drift into their shabby Eastleigh training centre on Monday

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2169441/Welcome-Portsmouth-Theyve-got-goalkeeper-10-players--theyre-sale.html#ixzz1zn215z5p

Kanu is still 35!?!??! No way

I have heard from my good Pompey pals that Kanu is nearer 45 than 35. I've met Kanu and trust me, even he is so stupid I doubt he knows how old he is. Also for what it's worth how can those players look themselves in the mirror taking that money whilst all the staff around them lose their livelihoods. Disgusting.

And for those willing the board on, to throw money at the city problem. Be careful what you wish for.

I don't have sympathy for the club, but the fans. Not all are arrogant.

If Ben Hiem doesn't take a cut then he may be out of a job altogether!

They're in an awkward position, on one hand they need money, however they only have 10 contracted players or something. Going to have to be a lot of wheeling and dealing there with free transfers and maybe get a few loans in where their clubs are Willing to pay a majority of the players wage.

I know we all complain about mercenary footballers but they aren't alone. If McDonalds were close to going bust i doubt any staff would offer to take pay cuts to save the company! Maccas have even more fans than pompey!

Now don't get me wrong i know there is a huge difference between what they earn and what maccas staff do but before you smash them think would you take a voluntary 50% pay cut to save your company? At the end of the day they are employees same as most of the rest of us.

Amazing read, it's just staggering how badly the whole club has been run.

What it instantly made me think is how lucky we are as a club. Not because we have a multi millionaire backing us.

But because back in 1982 we had 8 players that knew the consequence of not walking away from our club, 8 players that loved the club enough and 8 players that weren't just in it for the money !!!

They won't walk away until they've got every drop , every penny they can get I'm guessing - simply cause they know they won't get a fraction of the money elsewhere anymore.

I know we all complain about mercenary footballers but they aren't alone. If McDonalds were close to going bust i doubt any staff would offer to take pay cuts to save the company! Maccas have even more fans than pompey!

Now don't get me wrong i know there is a huge difference between what they earn and what maccas staff do but before you smash them think would you take a voluntary 50% pay cut to save your company? At the end of the day they are employees same as most of the rest of us.

the difference is someone working at mcdonalds cannot afford their rent & bills etc if they took a 50% cut, since they're already close enough to the line. 95% of pro footballers in the top leagues could take a 75% pay cut and still lead very luxurious lives.

pompey are feeling the effects of the curse of harry redknapp. financial ruin follows that man around.

Archived