IGNORED

Anybody Explain How This Is Acceptable

screech

Speaking as a teenager, teenagers these days aren't that interested in crime. It's simply all about the sex, alcohol and drugs. :)

The thing that annoys me about teenage girls is the age they chose to have children, I know girls who are 16/17 and have a baby. They haven't even attended College or anything and they are already trying to raise a child. :facepalm:

To be honest Jordan, and this will be slightly controversial, but some girls will probably look at it like this. How am I going to be able to afford a 2-3 bedroom house, I am certainly not going to be able to earn enough to get one, she may not have the desire or intelligence to go to University so knocking a few babies out before she's 21 and BINGO, here's your free house and spending money.

Kids always have been shits, but kids these days know all their rights. When I was young, you never thought about swearing or abusing an adult, unless they are out of earshot. I knew a mate who did, and a got a slap across the face from the woman, he never did it again.

Nowadays, young kids (I'm not saying all, or not even the majority) will think nothing about abusing someone, as they know quite often, their parents won't really give a Damn, hell some people won't even give kids a telling off in the street nowadays, for the fear of something being put through the letter box, windows smashed or even being threatened with a knife.

Things have changed a lot, yes there have always been shits, but the level of shitness has soared. Made worse that you can't touch an aggressive kid nowadays.

Well, I disagree. Kids abusing adults still more than likely get a slap and it doesn't happen any more than it used to in my experience.

Kids have always played up and pushed the boundaries until they get reminded where they are.

There's probably more media stimulated fear of the yoof which doesn't help but IMO that's all it is.

Well, I disagree. Kids abusing adults still more than likely get a slap and it doesn't happen any more than it used to in my experience.

Kids have always played up and pushed the boundaries until they get reminded where they are.

There's probably more media stimulated fear of the yoof which doesn't help but IMO that's all it is.

Disagree, when I was young, if I played up, good chance I'd get a slap on the ass, then when I got home, got another slap on the ass for good measure.

Now, someone gets a slap on the ass, goes home to mum and dad, those that handed out a slight tap on the ass get beaten up by the kids family, or are hauled up in front of a judge. That is how society works nowadays. To many parents not taking control of their kids, and when someone else does, complains like buggery. Or parents do take action and hauled up in front of social services, through either the kid or some do gooder.

Op point proven, people saying it is too harsh. Is it ****. He may have learnt something today, rather than run home to mummy and daddy to complain about such brutal treatment!

Disagree, when I was young, if I played up, good chance I'd get a slap on the ass, then when I got home, got another slap on the ass for good measure.

Now, someone gets a slap on the ass, goes home to mum and dad, those that handed out a slight tap on the ass get beaten up by the kids family, or are hauled up in front of a judge. That is how society works nowadays. To many parents not taking control of their kids, and when someone else does, complains like buggery. Or parents do take action and hauled up in front of social services, through either the kid or some do gooder.

Op point proven, people saying it is too harsh. Is it ****. He may have learnt something today, rather than run home to mummy and daddy to complain about such brutal treatment!

A child riding their bike gets thrown in front of a moving car and it's not harsh?

You like the thought of other people beating your kids, just because you were not there to deal with it at the time for minor discrepancies like riding their bike? Fair play.

I simply don't believe that actually happens very much, I've never seen it and I've seen plenty of examples to the contrary both then and more recently. Have you experienced this ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18756050

Meathead security wrestles a harmless kid off his bike and bike goes under the car. Isn't there anybody left in this world who can engage their brain and assess that this is just a kid on a bike riding alongside the torch bearer. Does it really need this kind of action to immobilise this massive huge security threat to the world, surely just asking the kid to ride behind the convoy would have been more sensible.

yea i can ,there security people doing there job simple as that really no one died no one got injured

I simply don't believe that actually happens very much, I've never seen it and I've seen plenty of examples to the contrary both then and more recently. Have you experienced this ?

I have seen it a fair few times, and heard the same from various teachers in my family, who have had to break up or try to break up disputes between familes over children's behaviour. This is in bristol, west Sussex Birmingham and Edinburgh.

A child riding their bike gets thrown in front of a moving car and it's not harsh?

You like the thought of other people beating your kids, just because you were not there to deal with it at the time for minor discrepancies like riding their bike? Fair play.

The kid was thrown to the other side of the car with adults holding him. His bike went under the car, let's get those facts straight.

If my kid has been abusive, to someone, yes I am happy for someone to smack their backside, slightly different to a beating, which you suggest I said.

I did say from my experience but regardless do you not agree that the youth today in general display less respect for others than 10 or 20 years ago? Obviously there are exceptions to this but it appears to me to be representative of the way society is going :(

No in my experience kids were just as bad 10 or 20 years ago. Things haven't got worse by any means but they also have not got better.

There's about 2 outright lies in that statement and approximately 3 places where they are being "economical with the truth". Why do they think they can get away with this?

I can't see any outright lies. There is one 'economy of truth' when they say he fell off his bike but that's about it.

The video starts with the bike being ridden towards the torchbearer, the security guy pulls him down off his bike and dumps him to the ground on the other side of the car. Another security person retrieves the bike from the front of the car and returns it to the owner. The security people then all return to their positions and, whilst you can't see it, there's no reason at all to believe that he didn't get back on his bike and ride off.

The way he was wrestled across the front of the car and to the ground looks a little over the top it has to be admitted. The rider almost certainly didn't mean any harm other than a bit of a prank but when you are employed to stop anybody getting to the bearer and a bike starts moving in that direction you're likely to do whatever to stop it.

I can't see any outright lies. There is one 'economy of truth' when they say he fell off his bike but that's about it.

The Olympic torch security team has tackled a young cyclist during the relay's Suffolk leg.

The Metropolitan Police told the BBC: "A male on a pedal cycle attempted to enter the security bubble (He was riding alongside) around the torchbearer. The Met's torch security team prevented him from gaining access to the torchbearer causing the cyclist to fall from his bike. He immediately got back on his bike and left."

A spokesperson added: "Although there was no disruption to the relay, we'd like to remind people not to enter the security bubble, this is for their own safety as well as the torchbearer's - The Torch Relay is a moving convoy including vehicles."

I think the clip attached is a little misleading. I am lucky enough to have a big screen TV with Youtube built into it, and I've seen it again in better detail. The Youtube clip is a little longer than the one above and starts a bit earlier. I wouldn't say it was a prank, I'd say the child was about 11/12 years old and was simply riding along with the procession (as I'm sure many of us did as kids). He wasn't really looking at the torch and the Youtube clip shows him riding around someone rather than riding towards the torchbearer. The clip above starts later and appears to show him trying to ride towards it, which is misleading.

I know these people have a job to do, but they've got this completely wrong. If they must drag a child off it's bike, they should have pulled him the other way. I cannot think of any situation where it's acceptable to drag a child like that in front of a moving car and then wrestle them to the ground. If this is a reflection of Great Britain in 2012, we can drop the Great bit from the title.

I agree with KR that the police officer made the wrong call. Probably didn't need to even touch the kid to keep him out the 'bubble' but if he did, he was shoved the wrong way.

It should be noted that the car was going at walking speed, maybe 5mph tops, and although the bike wheel went under the thing, it was undamaged enough for the young 'un to ride off on it.

Before the relay arrives - I witnessed it at first hand - coppers come along and tell you where you can and can't stand. You aren't allowed to walk or cycle along with the relay, so that kid shouldn't have been there.

That said, the cop, as I said earlier, got the call wrong and it led to a potentially dangerous situation. I'd imagine he got a strict talking to by the head of the team and maybe dropped from the duty - there are about 40 of the grey sweatshirt team.

Generally, as I posted earlier, they've done a very good job in fairly trying circumstances. There have been all sorts of nutters/fockwits who've tried to breach the cordon already.

I think the clip attached is a little misleading. I am lucky enough to have a big screen TV with Youtube built into it, and I've seen it again in better detail. The Youtube clip is a little longer than the one above and starts a bit earlier. I wouldn't say it was a prank, I'd say the child was about 11/12 years old and was simply riding along with the procession (as I'm sure many of us did as kids). He wasn't really looking at the torch and the Youtube clip shows him riding around someone rather than riding towards the torchbearer. The clip above starts later and appears to show him trying to ride towards it, which is misleading.

I know these people have a job to do, but they've got this completely wrong. If they must drag a child off it's bike, they should have pulled him the other way. I cannot think of any situation where it's acceptable to drag a child like that in front of a moving car and then wrestle them to the ground. If this is a reflection of Great Britain in 2012, we can drop the Great bit from the title.

I would agree with your view, the kid is merely cycling alongside the torch, the bloke is way over the top and if he had done that to one of my kids I would have been pushing for some kind of discipliner action against him. Could have ended a lot worse.

Archived