IGNORED

Poland V England, October

Taunton_City

Was looking at this. Never followed England but looking at Poland away at being my first away trip.

What flight are you getting back?? How long does train take from Katowice to Warsaw?

I found a good option flying from Stansted to Lodz then getting the train.

Just under 3 hours on train kato to Warsaw about £18.

Wednesday night flight from Wroclaw home.

Yeh i looked at the stansted option, but i`d have to get from Taunton to Stansted which is a nightmare!!

Just under 3 hours on train kato to Warsaw about £18.

Wednesday night flight from Wroclaw home.

Yeh i looked at the stansted option, but i`d have to get from Taunton to Stansted which is a nightmare!!

That sounds like a plan!! I'll be living in Ringwood at the time so Bristol or Stansted doesn't really matter to me.

Polish contact recomended flying Krakow to Warsaw - he did not think much of their trains

Trains are .....very bad in Poland. So i would not recommend it.

If you want you can check the timetables and prices on: http://rozklad-pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/pn?

but...i know that there are few nice flights from KRK to WAW and sometimes you can get them for the same price or cheaper then train.

here is a good website: www.lot.com (normally they are not the cheapest ones but for domestic flights it is not so bad).

2 x adults - £92 total.............not bad

Polish contact recomended flying Krakow to Warsaw - he did not think much of their trains

If you want you can check the timetables and prices on: http://rozklad-pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/pn?

but...i know that there are few nice flights from KRK to WAW and sometimes you can get them for the same price or cheaper then train.

here is a good website: www.lot.com (normally they are not the cheapest ones but for domestic flights it is not so bad).

never had a problem with the trains out here, and providing you go intercity or express you'll find them same standard as england. only considerably cheaper. that said, i've knocked trains on the head since the advent of oltexpress.com. lots of great domestic flights in there, sometimes cheaper than the train :0

Cheers for that, just booked up flights from krakow to Warsaw...£27 per person. Bargain

Does anyone know if you can book train tickets in advance on line?

Deja Vu - it's 1974 again.

August 1974 City's 1st game of the season was away to Forest, then in the Autumn, England were home to Poland in a WC Qualifier.

Hopefully this'll be a portent as 74-75 City finished 5th followed by promotion to the top div the following season!

Archived