IGNORED

Pitman Given Number 10

marcofisher

I am not sure that Training tops relate to squad numbers, if this was the case we could assume that Deano will not be our numer 1 this season as he is wearing 22 in those training pics.

You'd assume correct!

Reckon they will be squad numbers.

The club always say that training top numbers don't necessarily relate to squad numbers but in the end they nearly always do.

If anyone's interested the full list is as follows:

2. Foster

4. Fontaine

5. Nyatanga

6. Carey

7. Bolasie

8. Kilkenny

9. Stead

10. Pitman

11. Woolford

12. Wilson

14. Skuse

15. Pearson

17. Cunningham

18. Taylor

20. Morris

22. Gerken

23. Edwards

24. Reid

25. Elliott

26. Bryan

27. Adomah

29. Amadi-Holloway

32. Carey (GK)

35. Stewart

Suggests to me Del might want another left back seeing as Cunningham has taken 17 and left 3 vacant.

Does this mean that Albert is off then? Bolasie has a "1st team number" Albert is down in the stiffs! I think players superstitions and other factors help define the numbering too.

I think you're right that personal preference comes onto it. Guess I'm just old fashioned and like to see nos 1-11 on the pitch!

Does anyone know how squad numbers are assigned? Am surprised for example that Cunningham isn't no.3, assume he's our first choice LB? Am sure some players get a number written into their contract, know this was the case when Chelski signed Sheva (7) and Ballack (13). Mind you, they were well established players at the time, might be slightly different at City's level...

I am not sure that Training tops relate to squad numbers, if this was the case we could assume that Deano will not be our number 1 this season as he is wearing 22 in those training pics.

Deano definitely deserves to be #1. At least as a reward for his patience! Surely Del should grant him the number for which every goalkeeper strives.

Glad for Brett as I've always rated him, such a talented footballer and I still think this 'laziness' is often over exaggerated. He closes down defenders just as much as the next striker, his positional sense is very clever for a striker and often makes up for his lack of pace. For me he's easily capable of scoring 20 goals a season if starting most games.

Recently made a video of his goals for us as well if anyone wants to take a look. Note how the majority are one touch finishes!

[media=]

Deano definitely deserves to be #1. At least as a reward for his patience! Surely Del should grant him the number for which every goalkeeper strives.

He shouldn't be rewarded anything due to his patience, he and other players should rewarded on ability and hunger though. I still don't think he is a very good championship goalkeeper so i'm glad Del is on the hunt for some strong competition for Deano.

Glad for Brett as I've always rated him, such a talented footballer and I still think this 'laziness' is often over exaggerated. He closes down defenders just as much as the next striker, his positional sense is very clever for a striker and often makes up for his lack of pace. For me he's easily capable of scoring 20 goals a season if starting most games.

Recently made a video of his goals for us as well if anyone wants to take a look. Note how the majority are one touch finishes!

[media=]

Really enjoyed that video mate, thanks very much, by the way what is that song called and who sings it,

Excellent thanks again.

Really enjoyed that video mate, thanks very much, by the way what is that song called and who sings it,

Excellent thanks again.

Glad to hear, it's my first attempt at making a vid, so was slightly concerned about what reaction it would get.

The song is Trembling Hands by The Temper Trap. :)

He shouldn't be rewarded anything due to his patience, he and other players should rewarded on ability and hunger though. I still don't think he is a very good championship goalkeeper so i'm glad Del is on the hunt for some strong competition for Deano.

Had a quality end to the season under Del last year...

Glad to hear, it's my first attempt at making a vid, so was slightly concerned about what reaction it would get.

The song is Trembling Hands by The Temper Trap. :)

Well done Jordan.

Noticeable how well Pitman links with Albert and Stead.

Let's hope they all have a big part to play next season

He's a good Championship keeper and after playing so well at the end of the season deserves to start as the no.1.

Competition is all well and good, and as the no.1 he has to maintain the high standards he's shown, but if Del signs a new first choice keeper then it would be very understandable if Gerken's patience ran out.

He waited a long time to get another chance and took it in very impressive fashion, so he's done all he can.

He's the natural successor to James if Del thinks he's good enough - if that's not the case he would surely start to think he might be more appreciated elsewhere.

@Jordan - that video only proves what I have always said, that Pitman is a natural finisher and with the right service could be devastating - no-one else at the club has that kind of touch (well, Del might but anyway).

But he needs service - personally, I'd put a deep lying striker/AMF behind him who's only attacking role was to feed him - either Pearson or (wait for it) Kilkenny. And the whole team should simply work to set him up with chances. Many of these goals seem to have been scored on the counter, which is interesting.

As for his lack of pace, well he seemed quick enough to me, and if he gets in the right place at the right time, I don't think it matters if he has granite feet...

Archived