IGNORED

Trialists In Marbella

westonred

Apparently we're sharing the complex with Pompey and they are training on the pitch next to us. I don't know why they need a whole pitch, I thought they only had about 7 players?

They left every one of their senior players at home, only taking the youth squad. By every one yes I do mean 7. The adminsitrator is trying to make them feel unwanted.

Yeah the Celtic one.

Sounds reasonably good, if injury prone - 98 apps. in 6 seasons - but doesn't fit in with Del's proclaimed intention to concentrate his signing efforts on the top English leagues.

Being a free agent presumably Wilson's not classed as a signing from a Scottish club, despite spending his whole career up there.

Sounds reasonably good, if injury prone - 98 apps. in 6 seasons - but doesn't fit in with Del's proclaimed intention to concentrate his signing efforts on the top English leagues.

Being a free agent presumably Wilson's not classed as a signing from a Scottish club, despite spending his whole career up there.

I assumed it was a target rather than a hard-and-fast rule. If we're struggling to get a defender in and a guy from Celtic comes available, I can completely see why we'd have a look at him.

I assumed it was a target rather than a hard-and-fast rule. If we're struggling to get a defender in and a guy from Celtic comes available, I can completely see why we'd have a look at him.

Quite agree LB.

Despite what he said, I hope he would also look to accommodate any outstanding young players from the lower leagues who come to his attention.

You get the impression that his comments on Scotland were in response to concerns raised on here and elsewhere - not really necessary, as fans we care about quality and value for money, not which league they come from.

I'd love to see this quote? It's been banded about at will, first as 'we're looking at some signings from the top English leagues' and now seems to have manifested into 'We're only signing English top league players' - wouldn't be the first OTIB chinese whispers.

I'd love to see this quote? It's been banded about at will, first as 'we're looking at some signings from the top English leagues' and now seems to have manifested into 'We're only signing English top league players' - wouldn't be the first OTIB chinese whispers.

Here you are then Ron.

On links with a host of St. Johnstone and Rangers players.

4th July, Del said, " With the Scotland thing I state now we are not currently looking at players from the SPL, we are looking elsewhere, more specifically at players from the top leagues in England."

Here you are then Ron.

On links with a host of St. Johnstone and Rangers players.

4th July, Del said, " With the Scotland thing I state now we are not currently looking at players from the SPL, we are looking elsewhere, more specifically at players from the top leagues in England."

Fair enough. Surprised to hear that.

Archived