IGNORED

The Fratton Park Eight V The Ashton Gate Eight

havanatopia

Having read many posts and articles on Pompey, the main problem is the parachute payments £15,000,000 still to come. Players are being asked to leave for a fraction of the money contracted, but the returning owner in waiting still wants his £19,000,000, but will only return with the high earners gone and the wage bill cut.

Asking a player to leave when he can see £15,000,000 coming in once the CVA is sorted, is a hard sell for anyone.

They had that early to keep the club afloat last season didn't they?

Tel Ben Haim is still waiting for 2.5m :evil: with the money he has already got in his bank account and the shite Pompey are in you would of thought he would just walk and find another club. But no the greedy #### is holding on and would rather see the club go to the wall so long as he gets his money what a ####.

Tel Ben Haim is still waiting for 2.5m :evil: with the money he has already got in his bank account and the shite Pompey are in you would of thought he would just walk and find another club. But no the greedy #### is holding on and would rather see the club go to the wall so long as he gets his money what a ####.

It's not as clear cut as that though is it.

Its not that easy, behind closed doors the administraters have asked them to stay incase a club comes in and buys them so they can get some cash (see luke Varney)

In public the adminisators are saying its the players holding it all up because they want the contracts they signed at portsmouth (which pompy have to honour)

I wonder how much Mr Birch is taking out of the club a week for his administration duties I bet its close to 150k a week

But the prospective owner, and it's his partly his fault that they are in this mess, is getting a £15m parachute payment which could easily pay these players who have written contracts saying they are owed money. Instead he wants the money for himself rather than being prepared to give it to people like Tel Ben Haim who is actually owed it. Why is Tel Ben Haim the bad guy here?

But the prospective owner, and it's his partly his fault that they are in this mess, is getting a £15m parachute payment which could easily pay these players who have written contracts saying they are owed money. Instead he wants the money for himself rather than being prepared to give it to people like Tel Ben Haim who is actually owed it. Why is Tel Ben Haim the bad guy here?

He's not but people see him as a greedy footballer simply because he is on 36k a week,

the rules are their for all and according to the Football League football creditiors are to be paid in full which is what Tel Bian Hiem is, as are Bristol City football club,

Should we wave the right to the transfer fee we are owed for henderson and any money from his sale to West Ham as well?

The whole club has been poorly run for years it's what you get for whoring yourself around to any Tom, Dick or Harry that have a few quid and it's not just Ben Haim. The club should have put in a relegation release clause which would have saved all this mess with their high earners. But at the same time some of those high earners should just tear up thier contracts and walk but they won't because the Pompey board stuipdly over paid these muppets and no-one else will match those silly wages and now they are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Edited by bcfcbs20

The whole club has been poorly run for years it's what you get for whoring yourself around to any Tom, Dick or Harry that have a few quid and it's not just Ben Haim. The club should have put in a relegation release clause which would have saved all this mess with their high earners. But at the same time some of those high earners should just tear up thier contracts and walk but they won't because the Pompey board stuipdly over paid these muppets and no-one else will match those silly wages and now they are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Why should they?

Your company is in trouble and they ask you to tear up your contract and leave for nothing would you? or would you as I suspect fight for every penny you are owed?

Why should they?

Your company is in trouble and they ask you to tear up your contract and leave for nothing would you? or would you as I suspect fight for every penny you are owed?

If I was a millionaire and thought I could walk straight into a similar position on similar pay I would.

Let's face it , if The AG8 had taken your view , we would not be here to have this conversation.

Edited by glynriley

Why should they?

It's a tricky one though and I don't think you can compare the "every man" to the footballer. I would want everything I'm owed because I earn in a year less than most of them earn in a week and therefore have a mortgage to pay. There is no excuse for a footballer at a decent level to have a mortgage. They could pay off my mortgage in two months. With that sort of money, if a footballer has a mortgage then they're bloody irresponsible with their money. Footballers live in completely different worlds to the most of us in my opinion. There is no exuse for a higher league footballer to ever live in poverty.

If I was a millionaire and thought I could walk straight into a similar position on similar pay I would.

Let's face it , if The AG8 had taken your view , we would not be here to have this conversation.

I'm playing devils advcate, the AG8 almost did that but the difference between 82 and now is footballers have no loyalty and have been led by Agents which is whats happening,

But the thing that really narks me as quite a few others (EBM to drop a name) is the Person trying to save portsmouth is the same man who "saved" them last time and is part of the reason for this latest mess,

Thats why I have little simpathy for the club, they deserve to be liquidated and every bit of punishment they get,

1982 we learnt our leason, Portsmouth have not and deserve to be put out of business just like Chester Acrington Stanley Gretna and all the other clubs that have gone to the wall in recent years,