IGNORED

Driving To Scotland. How Mental Is It?

Kid in the Riot

Thinking of driving up to Perth on Saturday for the game. Leave Bristol about 4am then back on the Sunday. Got a pretty quick diesel motor.

Goes without saying will be out on the smash Sat night. Is this doable or a ####ing stupid idea?

Used to bomb up to Alloa when we had friends there, blasted long way but if there's 2 of you driving it's not so bad. Top tip: get an audiobook, something long...

As for coming back the next day after a few jars - one word: "no" (or, to put it another way, drink driving ban - you can still be over the limit the morning after...)

But have a pint of heavy for me...mmmmmm :clapping:

Ten pints of 5% cider/beer is 28 units. The driving limit for an average bloke is somewhere between 4 and 5 units - less than two pints at that strength. The average bloke clears a unit an hour from an hour after you've started drinking. Eating/sleeping/red bull, none of it affects how quickly the alcohol gets out of your bloodstream. If you go out on the smash on a Saturday you won't be under the limit until at least late Sunday evening.

It will take three hours to get one single pint of 5 percent of cider out of your system. For ten pints 30 hours from starting drinking.

Thinking of driving up to Perth on Saturday for the game. Leave Bristol about 4am then back on the Sunday. Got a pretty quick diesel motor.

Goes without saying will be out on the smash Sat night. Is this doable or a ####ing stupid idea?

You will be lucky not to kill yourself.....

It will take three hours to get one single pint of 5 percent of cider out of your system. For ten pints 30 hours from starting drinking.

Please just read what I posted instead of using dangerous inaccurate generalisations like this.

It will take an average man nearly FOUR hours to get a pint of 5% (28 ml alcohol = 2.8 units @ 1 unit / hour + 1 hour) out of his system. And you have NO WAY of knowing how far either side of average you are.

Just plan on not driving the day after a session, it's far less likely you'll have to live with killing someone.

Had a not so pleasant experience of the British traffic police a couple of seasons ago. On a foggy Friday night in November two cars with Swedish City fans travelled from Stansted to Bristol over Burton-on-Trent to watch them play Bury on the night. In Burton we had bought large boxes of beeer (36 pints?) from Burton Brewery that we carried in the trunk and on the way to Bristol, when stopping, people runned around the cars like mad filling their glasses and pissing. Poorly parked at a petrol station the traffic police suddenly arrived in a black BMW. I sat in the drivers seat and when one of the policeman light in with his torch he immidiately spotted four pintglases in between the front seats with the driver having very little in his. When he asked if I had been drinking I could say nothing but yes and I was directed to the back seat of the BMW. In the meantime all beer glasses were removed in the other car. I had not been drinking much only filling the bottom of the glass but I was tired after having been driving all day and when he said 0,3 (blowing) and not 0,8 I got scared. What would my family say? Would I miss the City game tomorrow? One policeman was a Birmingham fan, the other one supported Stoke. I was fine but it was not very plesant sitting there waiting for the judgement. Don't do it mate.

Please just read what I posted instead of using dangerous inaccurate generalisations like this.

It will take an average man nearly FOUR hours to get a pint of 5% (28 ml alcohol = 2.8 units @ 1 unit / hour + 1 hour) out of his system. And you have NO WAY of knowing how far either side of average you are.

Just plan on not driving the day after a session, it's far less likely you'll have to live with killing someone.

50 (cl) x 5 (percent cider) / 40 (vodka strength) / 2 (cl. per hour burning for a 75 kg. man)= 3.125 hours to clear 50 cl. of 5 percent cider. Make it four hours and you should be perfectly fine.

A pint is 56 cl. so should take three and a half hour.

50 (cl) x 5 (percent cider) / 40 (vodka strength) / 2 (cl. per hour burning for a 75 kg. man)= 3.125 hours to clear 50 cl. of 5 percent cider. Make it four hours and you should be perfectly fine.

A pint is 56 cl. so should take three and a half hour.

Look it's pretty simple. 2.8 (28 ml of alcohol) units at a unit an hour = 2.8 hours. + 1 hour because it doesn't start burning until an hour after you start drinking (you left this out).

And then the important bit:

Plus a completely unknown variance because you have no idea how far off the average you are (it has nothing whatsoever to do with weight, it doesn't even correlate).

Just don't bother doing this sort of impossible to get right maths, plan a day of not driving instead.

Archived