IGNORED

Maynard Bid Rejected.......

Taunton_City

West ham have turned down a 1million bid from Leeds for Nicky Maynard!

What do we think, rot in reserves for a bit then will end up at some top league one team

I'd have him back for £1m. We'd not get better player for that money. Sadly we got no chance... Or gave we?

If he apologised and came back here, scored three in his first three games, all would be forgiven.

Of course it would but I think he's burnt his bridges with more than just the fans. I will love it if he ends up back in this division. Love it.

Personally I am gutted for him if it turns out that he doesn't get a shot at proving himself in the PL for West Ham. Can't stand all this hate, it's pathetic. He wanted an opportunity to play at a higher level with a club with a greater stature than ours and he got it. The rest is down to him to prove he is good enough. I'm sure some of you slating him on here have no doubt in the past talked him up as being one of the finest strikers to walk the earth when he was playing so well for us!

Personally I am gutted for him if it turns out that he doesn't get a shot at proving himself in the PL for West Ham. Can't stand all this hate, it's pathetic. He wanted an opportunity to play at a higher level with a club with a greater stature than ours and he got it. The rest is down to him to prove he is good enough. I'm sure some of you slating him on here have no doubt in the past talked him up as being one of the finest strikers to walk the earth when he was playing so well for us!

I'm sure no-one would deny him his chance to better himself, the issue is whether he was dishonest or strung the club along in order for pure personal gain.

Personally I dont know the answer to that but I suspect, given how events unfolded, that he had decided his future lay elsewhere or City couldn't pay him enough to stay some time before the club was forced to accept a cut price deal.

For the record I completely agree that fans would be quick to forget, and if there were a deal which would see him return then we'd be foolish not to explore. I'd personally pay any amount that ensured we'd made a profit from West Ham in January.

In reality, even if he was interested which I'd doubt, too much damage has likely been done.

Pathetic?, he stoked that particular fire by words and deeds, he engineered his opportunity to play at a higher level, played so well for us?, well that wasn't last season that's for sure in fact probably his one season wonder season, he's gone couldn't care less where or what division he plays in.

If he did come back and played like he did in his '21 goal season' the fans would soon forget things, but if he played like he did last season like a stroppy teenager and showed no interest in playing in the red shirt then he would never be forgiven and would not be welcomed back

If he did come back and played like he did in his '21 goal season' the fans would soon forget things, but if he played like he did last season like a stroppy teenager and showed no interest in playing in the red shirt then he would never be forgiven and would not be welcomed back

There is zero chance of him coming back here.

Archived