IGNORED

Cisse.. Coyle Not Sure..? But Do We Need

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Another holding midfielder..

See that OC is not sure if Cisse is any better than what he has got.?

If he does get a no and has to look elsewhere do we really need another holding midfielder..?

Number of names already fit in that position unless Del does see Morris as our attacking option..?

Personally he has wanted to better himself and if he struggles to get in elsewhere and we are an option, then I think he should be ditched as he obviously wasn't that keen.......

Jody Morris said in his first interview that this is where he'd been playing for St.Johnstone, so despite being about a foot shorter than Cisse he's another option if picked to start.

I can't think that bringing in another defensive midfielder will be a priority and with 3 others on the payroll who can play central midfield apart from Skuse and Morris, in Elliott, Pearson and Kilkenny, I can't see any midfielder coming in unless we can move one of these on, which I doubt will happen.

Jody Morris said in his first interview that this is where he'd been playing for St.Johnstone, so despite being about a foot shorter than Cisse he's another option if picked to start.

I can't think that bringing in another defensive midfielder will be a priority and with 3 others on the payroll who can play central midfield apart from Skuse and Morris, in Elliott, Pearson and Kilkenny, I can't see any midfielder coming in unless we can move one of these on, which I doubt will happen.

Interesting points..

So why interest in Buzsaky..? If we are...? Plenty of midfielders.

What if someone was heading out..? Skuse.. Elliott..

Coyle and McInnes are good mates and no doubt at that the two of them would have discussed Cisse plenty of times. Coyle knew pretty well what he was getting well before the trial began. He'll also know that McInnes would like to keep him at City and might just do his mate a favour by not offering Cisse a deal who just not impress enough at Bolton.

Cisse did do a good job last season for City in front of the back four and he'll be difficult to replace unless Morris picks up the same role. For me Skuse and Kilkenny are both far more productive further up the pitch and, obviously so is Pearson. Elliot doesn't have enough vision or nouse to play that protective role so I expect that if he can't resign Cisse McInnes will have a number of potential players on his target list.

One thing is for sure, City desperately need more quality in the midfield department per say if another difficult season is to be avoided.

One thing is for sure, City desperately need more quality in the midfield department per say if another difficult season is to be avoided.

I know I haven't seen much for a couple of seasons, but I think Al you have summed up exactly what the problem has been for many a season... In the above sentence..

That's why a Buzsaky type player would be worth pushing the boat out for..

I think Cisse and Elliott were excellent in the middle together, cisse playing deep while elliott got a bit further forward and chipped in with a few goals. We certainly need another holding midfielder imo as I cant see any of our current midfielders fulfilling that role now

I know I haven't seen much for a couple of seasons, but I think Al you have summed up exactly what the problem has been for many a season... In the above sentence..

That's why a Buzsaky type player would be worth pushing the boat out for..

Without doubt.

You win and lose games on the strength of your central midfield and ours isnt good enough - hasnt been for years.

A player like Buzsaky would change that but they cost. Last big move for him at 30 dont forget & it may take some more time yet.

Most players go to whoever is offering the most money. My only hope is he has said before many times he loved his time in the west country when at Plymouth so we have a chance.

To be honest I think Skuse could easil play the holding midfield role effectively like he did against Barnsley last home game. Not afaid to make a challenge and can easily bomb it forward into an empty space(like he did for his goal).

Yeah he could but he needs to get some consistency in his game. As we all know he's flattered to deceive for years.

I fully expect though Skuse or Marv to be tasked wth getting box to box next season hoping they chip in with a few goals while Morris or Kilkenny will be sat in front the back 4 sweeping up Cisse style.

Yeah he could but he needs to get some consistency in his game. As we all know he's flattered to deceive for years.

He has only decieved those who can't see what a classy and versatile player he is. Skuse would be the first name on my team sheet preferably in an attacking midfield role. He's quick, has great feet, good vision, can tackle with a great engine.

His 'problem' as I see has been his versatility. I've seen him at right back, centre back, attacking and defensive midfielder. No-one seems to know what his best position is.

burnt his bridges for me I'd let him rot with out a club now, I don't want players who don't want to play for the club

I laugh at stuff like this. All of our players would rather be somewhere else on more money if they could be. Except one, who i think is unambitious and very lazy in his own career development.

I think the odd thing about the Cisse situation is McInnes not seemingly going after another Cisse type. So does he think we need that role or not?

Archived