IGNORED

Pompey Deadline

SimonL

If it happens I hope the rest of the football world sits up and takes notice. Reckless spending has caused this. I can see Cardiff going this way if they are not careful.

What annoys me even more, is that portsmouth fans seem to think they are owed something etc.

None of the football world cared when chester etc went out of business.

I don't understand how they have the nerve to sign kitson and lawrence after just coming out of administration. And now they have the nerve to pile emotional blackmail on them to quit and lose their missed wages?. Pompey just don't learn.

If I were them I would feel no guilt refusing to these demands. They were clearly brought to the club under false pretences.

+1 we should enquire at least about him

Exactly, we could get him at a bargain fee plus no one else has signed him yet & its nearly August! he can play Right back & Centre back, would be a good option if were looking at alternatives toMark Wilson who we can no longer sign due to injury...

Exactly, we could get him at a bargain fee plus no one else has signed him yet & its nearly August! he can play Right back & Centre back, would be a good option if were looking at alternatives toMark Wilson who we can no longer sign due to injury...

Wages may be an issue would like to see him cb though quite tall and decent in the air and his throws are dangerous

The thing I find astounding is after being in administration for the 2nd time they are giving just 2p in the pound owed to debtors!

It's hardly astounding. They didn't pay a penny of their last settlement. Not one single penny.

If they don't ado that and Pompey go under they will get paid every penny that is owed to them under the football creditors rule while all other creditors get a few pence in the pound.

So what makes you think they'll chuck hundreds of thousands of pounds away ?

It aint like they're all from Portsmouth and have some allegiance to the club.

i may be wrong but i dont think the football creditors rule will not matter if they go under as the fa wont have any power because portsmouth would be chucked out of the league. so then the players will be treated the same a everyone else.

If they didn't take the mick so much after coming out of admin, i would actually feel sorry for them. They have made their beds and its time to lie in it i think.

It's not that simple. Once the rich foreign businessmen have moved on relatively in tact it's the fans who will be left to pick up the pieces for the rest of eternity. Difficult to see how you can't sympathise with that thought.

If they don't ado that and Pompey go under they will get paid every penny that is owed to them under the football creditors rule while all other creditors get a few pence in the pound.

So what makes you think they'll chuck hundreds of thousands of pounds away ?

It aint like they're all from Portsmouth and have some allegiance to the club.

Ben haim is owed 2.5m, I would not walk away from that

Ben haim is owed 2.5m, I would not walk away from that

Well, so he says.

He's on £36k a week contract with a league one team and been on this sort of ridiculous figure for years, even though in my humble opinion he's a no better player than Jamie McAllister.

I think a better indication of the sort of bloke he is was when he refused to even stop and talk to the fans yesterday who were trying to get the remaining 8 to rip up their contracts, in contrast to David Norris, who courteously did so.

I think he's a a parasite, a clear example of why people fall out of love with football, with mediocrity like him being paid far too much (and yes, I know Pompey offered him the deal) and an unpleasant, selfish individual all round.

Archived