IGNORED

West Ham Striker Potentially Available For Loan

bexhill reds

Would serve him right, he got way too big for his boots in the last year of his contract.

Hopefully he will rot in WHAM reserves.

BCAGFC

Blimey , I never thought I would see this day !! I guess all your posters are in the bin now :D

Blimey , I never thought I would see this day !! I guess all your posters are in the bin now :D

Yep, all ripped up in a million pieces. :)

Most of my posts were to point out how important he was to our side and the way we played and those still stand, we still haven't got a striker that has as good an all round game that Maynard had (when he was focused of course).

BCAGFC

He could do a job for us.

Problem is we all saw how he struggled last season as the speculation mounted and the fans' animosity kicked in. I rate him as an excellent player and, all being equal, I'd have no issue at all with letting bygones be bygones and having him back on loan but I fear we'd see the player we saw in his last couple of months with the club and not the player he was at his best for us.

Most of my posts were to point out how important he was to our side and the way we played and those still stand, we still haven't got a striker that has as good an all round game that Maynard had (when he was focused of course).

BCAGFC

Cant argue with that. When he came back from his injury for the last 10 games or so he looked hungry and was unplayable at times. Shame he had his head turned.

I still reckon Pitman can get us goals if we play to his strengths though, but that's for a different thread.

That's an interesting story they've got there. So he may be going out on loan based on the fact that "it has been suggested that they may be willing to part with Maynard", and the fact that "Warnock insists Leeds United have made no approach for Nicky Maynard".

I'm not saying they won't send him out on loan,but it doesnt seem like it takes much to make a story...

The various season ticket holding happy hammers who I play cricket with on the south coast were of the opinion that he would only ever be loan material this season based on what they saw of him at the end of last season.

I just didn't think that he would seemingly fall from grace so soon, but with WHU seemingly being linked to most strikers at the moment, the future don't look so bright for the lad..

BCAGFC maynard good ALL ROUND GAME, are u having a laugh, he couldnt head a ball, score tap ins, hold up or pass, he was very lazy and use to pride him self on screamers and 1 good season in the campionship!

Lets face it, he's no better than Lita was. Quite how his profile had been raised to Superstar I'll never know. He had 1 very good season, that's it. He's a capable striker in the championship, like Lita, he in no way is, or ever will be good enough for the top flight. If I was his agent I would be talking to West Ham and Leeds immediately to sort out a deal, it will be the biggest club he can ever hope of playing for.

This is pretty funny! If WHAM are prepared to let him go or fester in the reserves the irony would be delicious.!!

My understanding is...Please advise if incorrect....Prem teams have to name a 25 man squad....Then I guess we'll find out which way is up or maybe down!

Personally I think a Swansea or a Wigan etc will come in if they are going to cast him off....However Little maynard with a Welsh accent..........NOW THAT IS IRONY

Archived