IGNORED

Rumours Concerning Redevelopment And Rugby

Rinkadink

Perhaps then you like the conduct of a club that alledgedly uses intimidation and cash to get a new ground or fans that vandalise your war memorial and burn down stands or invade the pitch to attack the opposition.

Perhaps you perceive you are going with a hugely successful business man, is this the same man that has made a huge mess of getting a new ground, lost millions getting City just a few places up the league, personally signed James who was a complete disaster and would have taken City down had he not been dropped.

Perhaps you are even him in yet another secret diguise. Must do better.

Al the Pirate,

It's nice to know that you show such an interest in our great club.

You remember things I'd nearly forgotten.....................

Thanks for your points.

Perhaps then you like the conduct of a club that alledgedly uses intimidation and cash to get a new ground or fans that vandalise your war memorial and burn down stands or invade the pitch to attack the opposition.

Perhaps you perceive you are going with a hugely successful business man, is this the same man that has made a huge mess of getting a new ground, lost millions getting City just a few places up the league, personally signed James who was a complete disaster and would have taken City down had he not been dropped.

Perhaps you are even him in yet another secret diguise. Must do better.

Remind me again, what division do you losers inhabit?, oh yes the bottom half of the bottom division, in fact apart from Plymouth the lowest ranked team in the south west and for the first time in the history professional football in Bristol there are 2 divisions between us and relying on our cast offs as your better players. Just remember historically your club has always sold everything of any value including Eastville and always will, why not try a move to Bath you had a bit of success there and the name Bath Rovers has a nice ring to it and you could then you can claim a uniqueness for a change.

As I've recently stated, I don't trust the Gas not particularly like their conduct - they obtained our home in a very questionable manner, are about to flog off a war memorial to a supermarket chain, completely removed all our honours boards and all traces of Bristol RFC from the clubhouse and ground in general, not to mention rinsing us dry financially and taking all bar receipts, etc.

If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas.

Al the Pirate,

It's nice to know that you show such an interest in our great club.

You remember things I'd nearly forgotten.....................

Thanks for your points.

I wish you well, I cannot understand Bristolians who would want a Bristolian side to fail. Why would anyone who was born here support a side from another town?? Of course I want us to beat you thats just personal pride and appreciate that you feel the same. I would be proud of our city if we were both successful.

I wish you well, I cannot understand Bristolians who would want a Bristolian side to fail. Why would anyone who was born here support a side from another town?? Of course I want us to beat you thats just personal pride and appreciate that you feel the same. I would be proud of our city if we were both successful.

But for now you'll just be a jealous, bitter Blue, yeah?

'up a few places' - 4th in the Championship?

'would've gone down' - up for debate

But you want us both to do well......gives you a lovely, snuggly feeling doesn't it?

You came on here to be a ****, and succeeded, now point trying to make friends no poppet

Shut the door on the way out, there's a good boy

But for now you'll just be a jealous, bitter Blue, yeah?

'up a few places' - 4th in the Championship?

'would've gone down' - up for debate

But you want us both to do well......gives you a lovely, snuggly feeling doesn't it?

You came on here to be a ****, and succeeded, now point trying to make friends no poppet

Shut the door on the way out, there's a good boy

Well I didnt come on here to make friends, just to tell the truth and let our rugby fan know the grass isnt always greener.

Anyway I couldnt be friends with someone so immature as you, thankfully a lot of your posters are not little boys..You will understand when you grow up a bit.

Well I didnt come on here to make friends, just to tell the truth and let our rugby fan know the grass isnt always greener.

Anyway I couldnt be friends with someone so immature as you, thankfully a lot of your posters are not little boys..You will understand when you grow up a bit.

Oh no, the nasty G*s doesn't want to be my friend....

As for growing up, who came on to the enemy's forum to spout a load of crap? We get you're the 'family club' and we're a load of of nasty hooligans, yeah, real grown up

Glass houses and all that

My concern is for Bristol City.

What you Blue boys get up to doesn't concern me.

What I find strange is that we seem to get a few Blues on here talking about us Reds...... Why?

If you concentrate on yourselves, you may just start to climb the English Pyramid system.

My concern is for Bristol City.

What you Blue boys get up to doesn't concern me.

What I find strange is that we seem to get a few Blues on here talking about us Reds...... Why?

If you concentrate on yourselves, you may just start to climb the English Pyramid system.

Unsure how talking on a forum could help of hinder a football team to be honest paul..

Thanks for the replies so far everyone, it's been interesting to say the least.

Another thing that does concern me about a possible move is the lack of terracing in an all-seater stadium, I've always stood and felt that sometimes the atmosphere can fall a bit flat due to seating, not to mention the lack of mobility. If/when redevelopment is on the cards I wonder if it would be possible to include some kind of compromise with fold-flat seating allowing standing? I'm not sure on the regulations surrounding football so I assume ye olde style terracing would be out of the question?

rinkidink you werent being serious about the rugby coming to the gate were you ? it would ruin our pitch ..

Not any longer, especially with these weaved part synthetic pitches. Nothing like it used to be. And when was the last time we played football on the floor anyway ;)

rinkidink you werent being serious about the rugby coming to the gate were you ? it would ruin our pitch ..

Yes, I'm quite serious.

Teams like Hull, Wigan, Huddersfield, Reading (London Irish sharing) and many more seem to manage with near-immaculate pitches. What makes you think the Gate would be any different?

I'm really interested in what Sourh glos travelers have lined up if Bristol do move.

It can't be professional sport related as Bath wouldn't play there, no chance of a rugby league team and nothing else would attract regular crowds.

A fortnightly gypsy fair would make most sense, although it might have a negative impact on. Away fans if they're running stalls and selling heather.

Archived