IGNORED

Maynard. ( Oh No Not Again!)

notsobigfatdave

1).'I didn't feel the club was going in the right direction under the previous management', He left under DMC, try again.

Im aware McInnes was in charge when he left but the saga stretches long before that. If he says that he failed to see the long term vision under Millen and as such made a decision, at that time, that his future lay elsewhere, he'd probably not only build bridges but actually strike a chord with many.

2).'I received some bad advice', and so did his agent.

If he says he was badly advised and scores twice on his first game back he'll be roundly cheered next game.

3).'It has become clear that, at this point in time, I will not be able to fulfil my life-long ambition of playing top flight football. I now hope to realise those ambitions with a reinvigorated Bristol City.' Bullshit.

As said in initial post, it doesnt matter if the reasons are true or not.

4).'I made a mistake, realise I did not conduct myself in the most appropriate manner and want to repay the club and it's fans by scoring goals.' I like this one, but more chance of the pope not being catholic.

Again the validity of the statement, unless it is something outrageous, is largely irrelevant.

5).He can trot out whatever line he wants, fans would be eating out of his hand within weeks. Only if he replicated the form of his one season wonder exploits, which is doubtful.

Of course, this surely goes without saying.

If he came back and was shit people would crucify him.

He has gone, we got a fee, we survived and he appears to be getting a dose of his homemade recipe medicine, everyone's a winner, let's move on and let him move on.

As a rule I dont disagree.

Im not clamouring for his signature, I simply think that if the possibility was there, if West Ham do go on and sign Carroll and he does become surplus, then we would be foolish not to at least enquire. If he isnt interested, or West Ham want a figure which doesnt represent a sound deal for us (from my point of view the rule there is any figure which see's us make a profit from what they paid, including his signing on fee) then who cares, what harm is done. But the point I was making that if we could engineer a deal which suited us this hyped stumbling block of the fans is, quite frankly, fantasy.

Presuming of course he scores, but that goes without saying.

This May NOT be true but.....

and yes I know I said earlier I would NEVER EVER believe what The Daily Mail wrote but according to Daily Mail 1hour ago Andy Carroll will ONLY leave Liverpool for Newcastle IF they can also offer him a chance to play in Europe http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2180126/Liverpool-flop-Andy-Carroll-opens-door-Newcastle-Europe-target.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

also 1hour ago ESPN says West Ham have made a £17million offer to Andy Carroll http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/162302.html

so it looks Nicky Maynard may not be safe if Andy Carroll decides to go to West Ham.

No chance of Carroll going to West Ham, no chance that West Ham are remotely serious about spending £17 million on any player, they simply don't have that sort of money to waste. It's a ploy to sell season tickets. Maynard may be the next out the door, but the Carroll bid is totally unrealistic and they know it.

Archived