IGNORED

The Elusive 2

ron10bc

Ok so weve signed the much needed left back a competitive goalkeeper and an an exciting winger the only 2 now are the 2 positions that us and del boy believe to be the most important to address to determine how well we are going to fair this season just a thought 1. What would be the two (cb and st) everyone would like and 2. Who does people believe will be here by the start of the season

Ok so weve signed the much needed left back a competitive goalkeeper and an an exciting winger the only 2 now are the 2 positions that us and del boy believe to be the most important to address to determine how well we are going to fair this season just a thought 1. What would be the two (cb and st) everyone would like and 2. Who does people believe will be here by the start of the season

Because McInnes knows what he's doing?

I'd argue that LB was the most important.

I could see Gerrard signing , especially now Huddersfield have signed Southern from Blackpool. Can't see McCormack , Baldock could be a possible but I can see us waiting until the Prem clubs have announced their squads , then picking up one of their unwanted players on loan.

Comment from Mcinnes that we have other irons in the fire and he hopes to have one or two more on board before the start of the season.

If its only one, I hope to god its a dominant centre half.

Really?? We are in desperate need of a striker more.

Really?? We are in desperate need of a striker more.

Our unbeaten run at the end of the season was due in no small part to Amougou, who has not been replaced. Up front we've lost Wood, but he was hardly prolific.

Agree we need both, but if we don't get a CB it will be like last season where we need to score goals to pick up any points at all. Keep a clean sheet and you have a minimum of one point in the bag.

Our unbeaten run at the end of the season was due in no small part to Amougou, who has not been replaced. Up front we've lost Wood, but he was hardly prolific.

Agree we need both, but if we don't get a CB it will be like last season where we need to score goals to pick up any points at all. Keep a clean sheet and you have a minimum of one point in the bag.

We have Pitman Stead and Taylor a striker is an absolute must.

We have Pitman Stead and Taylor a striker is an absolute must.

Actually, that depends on what formation Del is building a team around. If it is 1 up top with support from 5 in midfield, then a Striker is not actually as urgent as many think. Although of course, I would like to see another "different type" of striker brought in. I think a dominating Amougou/McManus type CB is more important as a matter of urgency. imo!

Agree with this. I am over the moon with the signings so far....but without that ball winning centre half, we will ship goals for fun again.

Fontaine, Carey and Tangs have proved time and time again, that playing together...they are not good enough and need more quality alongside them.

I've always looked at a good centre defence as a strong leader and his 'number 2'. The three we have are all number 2 (no pun intended)

Actually, that depends on what formation Del is building a team around. If it is 1 up top with support from 5 in midfield, then a Striker is not actually as urgent as many think. Although of course, I would like to see another "different type" of striker brought in. I think a dominating Amougou/McManus type CB is more important as a matter of urgency. imo!

Especially if we sign a real flair midfielder in the mould of Buzsaky

Beginning to think Buzz wasn't ever on the agenda...?

Centre half..

Forward..

Both possible names the forum have not mentioned...

I must admit i was begining to wonder but Super Jack seems to think we might be still in the running (see AB thread). Also as i side note, a fan on twitter who is off to scotland to watch us was at the airport with the team and asked Del about Buzsacky to which Del winked, looked down at his carry on and said "he's in my bag"

I must admit i was begining to wonder but Super Jack seems to think we might be still in the running (see AB thread). Also as i side note, a fan on twitter who is off to scotland to watch us was at the airport with the team and asked Del about Buzsacky to which Del winked, looked down at his carry on and said "he's in my bag"

Not sure about Super Jacks comments..

Too 'friend of a friend'..

As for Dels comments.. Great comeback 'tongue in cheek'..

Archived