IGNORED

It's Gerry Gow Day

bristolcitysweden

I'd understand if they did this on the open day, you would attract more supporters and the chances of a much bigger gate increases. Fans could meet old and new players, it's a wasted opportunity.

I don't see it that way at all. If it was on the open day people would moan about having to pay to get into what is usually a free day out.

I really cant understand the lack of enthusiasm for this game , some great old players coming back and the chance to say a proper thanks and farewell to Gerry.

Well not sure about lack of interest, but it is scheduled right in the middle of the holiday season and combined with the first team squad going to Scotland.

Most testimonials are done just after the season ends, less people are away for holiday, small amounts will not be following their team on tour.

Just bad timing imo, seems it was hastily arranged, as this was the only date they could fit it in at AG

Would have been better held in the Hand stadium, as originally intended, at least the crowd would have looked bigger!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, and will be there for what promises to be a good day.

Well not sure about lack of interest, but it is scheduled right in the middle of the holiday season and combined with the first team squad going to Scotland.

Most testimonials are done just after the season ends, less people are away for holiday, small amounts will not be following their team on tour.

Just bad timing imo, seems it was hastily arranged, as this was the only date they could fit it in at AG

Would have been better held in the Hand stadium, as originally intended, at least the crowd would have looked bigger!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, and will be there for what promises to be a good day.

I am. Check the ticket sales, less than 3000 yesterday. There will be some walk up POTD customers but I cant see it getting above 3500 on the day.(Hope I'm wrong)

Yes it is the holiday season and there will be many on holiday but we have 10,000 season ticket holders , and many more fans who go in and out. Maybe it's all been left too long and many of the fans who watched Gerry in his pomp are no longer fans.

I dont know the answers but I do know I am surprised at the general apathy towards this game amongst City fans. I even know a Man City fan who is coming today.

I am. Check the ticket sales, less than 3000 yesterday. There will be some walk up POTD customers but I cant see it getting above 3500 on the day.(Hope I'm wrong)

Yes it is the holiday season and there will be many on holiday but we have 10,000 season ticket holders , and many more fans who go in and out. Maybe it's all been left too long and many of the fans who watched Gerry in his pomp are no longer fans.

I dont know the answers but I do know I am surprised at the general apathy towards this game amongst City fans. I even know a Man City fan who is coming today.

I am going pod with about 10 others, maybe others will think about it. I am not holding my breath.

How well advertised has it been? I can't say I have noticed much said about it. I would not have known anything about it with going online.

I think you maybe right, my old man loved Gow, but seriously fell out of love watching city, it costs far too much for him now, including petrol getting to the ground. Maybe others feel the same. When the interest wanes, you often find yourself doing other things with your life, football becomes less and less important.

I know when I mentioned the game to him, he said no, I'm going to Cornwall. He also said testimonial! I loved Gow, but we make our own way in life. He should have been made in life. I earnt peanuts compared to him, I scrimped and saved all my life, to prepare for old age, I'll be buggered if I am giving gow any of my hard earned money, when he chose to piss his away.

Fair enough I guess, I wouldn't be surprised if other of out oap felt the same.

Gerry is one of the (few) significant figures connected to this club. He did the business when we were flying high. Today's game could be a real boost to our club as well as Gerry. We need occasions like this to reflect on how great this club has been at times and could be again. In the film "Field of Dreams" there is a bit where Ray describes "Shoeless Joe". If you have not seen the film, then I suggest you do - its a must for all sports fans. In the future you could be describing Gerry to your kids and grand kids with the same reverence and you may be regretful if you don't attend today. Please come along and enjoy.

With Careys testimonial next week and a 1pm

kick off I think City missed a trick here.

They could have had the GG game after the Carey game, bigger crowd,and 2 games of Football to watch for us all.

In other countries it's common to have 2 games in a row, especially as the weather is ok' ish and the pitch is one of the best.

With Careys testimonial next week and a 1pm

kick off I think City missed a trick here.

They could have had the GG game after the Carey game, bigger crowd,and 2 games of Football to watch for us all.

In other countries it's common to have 2 games in a row, especially as the weather is ok' ish and the pitch is one of the best.

To be fair....that would have been a bloody good idea .

Could only go at last minute decision. turned up to find a big queue and only one stand being in use. There's no huge importancy so why make you queue to buy a ticket ? Are we not capable of receiving a measly 8 quid via cash on the turnstile ?

Call me a gripe but i can't be arsed to stand in a long queue in the sun so I've decided to go home

Traffic problems my ass, usual city balls up. One ticket window open for pod. Just opened another 3.

Usual city **** up. How they get ticketing so consistently wrong when it is anything other than a usual league match is beyond me! Unbelievable, totally unbelievable, just got in after a 40 minute wait. Laughable. My own fault, should have known they would of ballsed it up.

Great decision to make ticketing staff redundant! Top job city :laugh:

Edit man city coach just arrived, bet it is delayed even longer, still queues out to the park.

Edit 2 new confirmed ko 3.45

What was the score? Junier bent terrorised the man city defence?

2-1 man city. Bennett and Goat scored for them, Matthews for us.

Lots of fat old men huffing and puffing :) man city cheated for the last 10 mins playing with 12 men.

Gow doesn't look like he has put on any weight.

Bent well, quicker than most, but didn't beat anyone :) same old same old :)

Only 80 mins played, a load of old blokes having a kick about.

Was good to see Gerry Gow get his day.

Funny to see 16yr olds getting the Gow chants going, I'm 30 and Gerry was before my time! At least it helped build a good atmosphere.

Tinman spraying the ball was a pleasure to watch. Brought back memories. Aggy probably best player who still had it but i spose hes the one whos only just finished playing at a decent level so expected. Fair play to jackie as well for coming over for it.

Weird to think that it was Tinman who signed Russell!!

Jackie said some thing at the end but i was talking to a mate, Can someone please repeat what he said to the crowd. I would love to see him come back ro the club in a coaching capacity or any kind of roll at the club.

I could be wrong but i think it was along the lines of 'Thankyou to all the Bristol City fans, you have been fantastic. This is going to be the last time i play football here because of my age, thankyou all very much for supporting me and i hope Bristol City win the league/get promoted this season!' or something similar!

Archived