IGNORED

Woolford Aiming For 10 Goals

Mrdc

Unfortunately for him he has that languid style reminiscent of Chris Waddle ( or is that mullet hair do?)

I think it's something to do with the way he ambles back when we've lost the ball. If he could improve on that alone it might restore a bit of faith.

Away from that, is it not normal for strikers to target 20 goals, attacking midfielders ten goals and central defenders five?

Yes, loads thanks, however I happen to try and remain a little grounded, rather than getting completely carried away. People immediately interpret this as being negative or anti city as I'm not blindly following everything without question.

If a player who has never scored 10 goals in a season before now, and comes out and says that is his aim for the season, despite being rubbish by and large for us. Should I seriously entertain the idea? or should I quite rightly have huge misgivings about it because it is very likely bunkum.

There is positivity about things, and then there is living in cloud cuckoo land. If Woolford does manage to score ten, then bully for him, however in the interim, it's completely churlish to be suckered in by such outlandish claims and try and look on it as realistic or indeed say he should be supported for being 'positive'. Saying ten goals isn't positive, it's a different level entirely with a load of naivety thrown in, but it's the same kind of thing that some things will lap up and use as a boon to chastise other supporters who for some reason dont share the same blind optimism in things.

Check my post history.

You can't justify months of pure negativity with your last post. There has not been one positive post.

• Admin

:argh::facepalm:

Oh RLY?

So posts, defending David Seal, welcoming Paul Anderson, pushing the youth players and encouraging youth development, especially Carey, and so on, clearly passed you by. People buy into this negativity thing and then assume, which is dangerous. Seems that your cursory glance was so cursory that you didn't even get as far as the bottom of the first page of posts in my post history if that's what you were checking to measure this.

As for checking your post history? What am I checking for exactly? :dunno:

Back on topic, When was the last time we had a midfield who scored 10 or more in a season anyway?

I'd guess Murray in that season he scored something stupid like 23?

Oh RLY?

So posts, defending David Seal, welcoming Paul Anderson, pushing the youth players and encouraging youth development, especially Carey, and so on, clearly passed you by. People buy into this negativity thing and then assume, which is dangerous. Seems that your cursory glance was so cursory that you didn't even get as far as the bottom of the first page of posts in my post history if that's what you were checking to measure this.

Back on topic, When was the last time we had a midfield who scored 10 or more in a season anyway?

I was suggesting that your assumption of 'happy clapping' was wrong, and you should take a look.

I'll just leave you alone to bash everything about the club, players we may or may not sign, the players we've go etc etc.

Except David Seal apparently...

Well he did score against Forest too but it was wrongly ruled out for offside (he was on by at least a metre when the pass was made!)

Yep, and you can only imagine what a difference that goal being allowed would have made to his confidence.

And his acceptance by the fans.

He also came close to scoring in several other games during the run in, and you can only imagine the surge in confidence hitting the back of the net a couple of times would make.

It's looking unlikely we'll suddenly see him thrive at City now, but I wouldn't rule it out at all.

The potential to score more goals than the majority of our midfielders is certainly there (not too difficult) but his all round game can certainly be irritating when he's not performing well.

Interestingly I read the same comment about Anderson from Forest fans - when he's off form he appears next to useless, and annoying. How much time are City fans going to give him if he doesn't hit the ground running?

Confidence is key for most players, Anderson and Woolford apparently being prime examples.

If Del can instil belief in themselves in both players - and this seems to be one of Del's strengths - we'll have a really interesting battle for the left hand side.

If Woolford cannot show his best form now he will fall at the wayside and it will be another baffling case of a player coming to City with a good reputation and failing here for no apparent reason.

He was quite humble in the interview, accepting he's not played well enough so far, but also seemed to have a quiet determination to prove himself at AG.

Let's hope he can, and moreover let's hope City fans can wipe the slate clean and give him another chance to do so.

Oh RLY?

How does your misses cope!?

Woolford aims for 10 goals .... but shoots wide.

How can he be (alleged) quality for Scunny and such a massive lightweight for us? Final throw of the dice. He owes us a top notch season so let's hope he delivers.

I wouldn't say Woolford doesn't have enough pace, its more a case of him not creating anything when hes been on the ball, I mean look at the highlight reel vs St Johnstone and look how many crosses and how creative he was being compared to Bolasie, Bolasie was whipping them in every second and I didnt see woolford in the highlights!

He'd already scored 8 goals in 27 apps. when we signed him in the 2011 January window.

So he has got 10 goals in him and it's a perfectly reasonable target if he can rediscover that form.

After such a disappointing 18 months at City it would be great for Woolford, and the club, if Del could finally get the best out of him.

8 ( eight ) goals for us?! U must be joking right?! I cant believe its more than 3, unless you're counting his goals in training!!

You have to give credit to him, he admitted he was below par last season, and underperformed, he has showed good spirit, and has obviously worked hard over the summer. That hard work is paying off, I think he has looked one of our best players in the past two games, and long may that continue. Having said that, I do believe Cunningham has aided his development, there has been some very good link up play between him and Woolford, and long may that also continue.

Hair - Bands all round the ground gentlemen?

.... this could end up being bigger than the 'I believe' foam hands!!!!

:city:

Keep Banging 'em In Woolley

:fingerscrossed:

Better still - blonde wigs and hair bands. Couple of thousand Woolfords in the crowd, all cheering him on: that should give him a lift.

Archived