IGNORED

Woolford Aiming For 10 Goals

Mrdc

Having just watched the interview with Martyn Woolford, he is certainly being optimistic for season ahead or he has been smoking a crack pipe by aiming for 10 goals for the season.

Oh well good luck to him..

Woolford just aiming the ball at the goal would be a bonus

+1

Rather he had this attitude than any other.

I got a funny feeling about woolford this season, I'm very much in the camp that you don't become a bad player overnight and he's still got something to offer.

Not sure he will get 10 but I'm hoping hes now settled and I'm pleased with his positive attitude.

Here's hoping the fans can wipe the slate clean and get behind him rather than giving him stick, it would do wonders for his confidence and will hopefully give us the player we all thought we had signed.

A player wants to do well for us and what do people do? knock him.

He will never do well if everyone keeps knocking him, lets back him and hopes he does well instead of criticising him for wanting to score lots of goals.

He'd already scored 8 goals in 27 apps. when we signed him in the 2011 January window.

So he has got 10 goals in him and it's a perfectly reasonable target if he can rediscover that form.

After such a disappointing 18 months at City it would be great for Woolford, and the club, if Del could finally get the best out of him.

I think he's actually getting better.

I saw 100% improvement towards the end of last season.

You have to remember that his move from North Yorks/Lincs was a massive one for him and I venture that he underestimated the affect it would have on him.

Unfortunately for him he has that languid style reminiscent of Chris Waddle ( or is that mullet hair do?)

Either way he is a team player and that is what DMC and the rest of us ultimately want to see

Fair play to him for admitting that he hasn't been at his best yet for City and for being optimistic and upbeat about this coming season.

But hey, why not slag the bloke off for being positive? :facepalm:

For once, I completely agree with you.

RMLF, have you ever, ever made a positive post? Are you actually a City fan? I just had a quick look, and I didn't see one.

• Admin

The only goal he's ever scored in the time he's been with us. 10 goals for a winger and the Premier League clubs would come in for you, very ambitious at this level.

Well he did score against Forest too but it was wrongly ruled out for offside (he was on by at least a metre when the pass was made!)

• Admin

Yes, loads thanks, however I happen to try and remain a little grounded, rather than getting completely carried away. People immediately interpret this as being negative or anti city as I'm not blindly following everything without question.

If a player who has never scored 10 goals in a season before now, and comes out and says that is his aim for the season, despite being rubbish by and large for us. Should I seriously entertain the idea? or should I quite rightly have huge misgivings about it because it is very likely bunkum.

There is positivity about things, and then there is living in cloud cuckoo land. If Woolford does manage to score ten, then bully for him, however in the interim, it's completely churlish to be suckered in by such outlandish claims and try and look on it as realistic or indeed say he should be supported for being 'positive'. Saying ten goals isn't positive, it's a different level entirely with a load of naivety thrown in, but it's the same kind of thing that some things will lap up and use as a boon to chastise other supporters who for some reason dont share the same blind optimism in things.

How about when a player who has scored 10 goals in a season before comes out and says it, such as Martyn Woolford for example?

• Admin

Sorry, I stand corrected,

Him clearly scoring 10+ goals in a season for Frinkley, and York in the Conference or below, over 5 years ago and more clearly means that he is going to smack in 10 in the Championship, when he has no pedigree for us for doing anything of the sort.

So sorry, for still not being convinced of the outlandish prediction.

I wasn't saying it was any more likely, just that he has done it in the past.

Regardless, I still think Del is trying to build a 4411 formation and now has Pearson, Anderson & Woolford who have played the "in the hole" role with previous clubs. Perhaps that is key to his outwardly optimistic target?

Archived