IGNORED

Mark Mccammon - Racial Victimisation

Gazred

Hmmmmm McCammon has a reputation as a bit of a whinger - Hessenthaler is at least the third manager he's fallen out with.

The idea that 5ft 7in Hessenthaler intimidated the 6ft 5in striker seems a bit unlikely to me. Certainly, the club see it as the other way around.

Hmmmmm McCammon has a reputation as a bit of a whinger - Hessenthaler is at least the third manager he's fallen out with.

The idea that 5ft 7in Hessenthaler intimidated the 6ft 5in striker seems a bit unlikely to me. Certainly, the club see it as the other way around.

I'm sure the club do see it the other way round; if they admitted it they'd be in a whole world more sh1t

I don't know the details (no one here does) and I'm kind of dubious as to McCammon's version of events, but just because he's bigger than Hessenthaler doesn't mean he couldn't have been 'intimidated' by him. Hessethaler could quite easily be using his position of authority in such a way against him. At a minimum the club seem to have singled MM out for 'special' treatment and as a minimum that's workplace bullying

Speaking out against racial discrimination is not whinging.

McCammon does indeed have a reputation for stirring up trouble.. that much is reasonably common knowledge whether true or not and it will serve to leave some lingering doubt into this verdict and its correctness.

That said one has to accept the decision of a tribunal that has considered all of the facts presented to it and from both sides.

I do not believe for one second, however, that the club is racist; certainly it is immature to label something as such based on one case however regrettable or poorly it may reflect on the club, for now.

I don't know anything about this but like others I am more than happy to share my opinion because it matters.

On this one I've concluded that Gillingham are racist.

I agree, but for the sake of arguing.

You're wrong, and an idiot.

In all seriousness, I think there's two sides to every story, and although it sounds bad there is probably a valid reason.. but if not, disgusting behavior which should be investigated.

I don't get why this has been deemed as racist?

As has already been said we don't know the ins and outs but reading what has been said I bet this goes in with a lot of players at a lot of clubs. If it was a white player being treated like this would it be deemed racist?

Even the bit about being made to go to training in heavy snow it says SOME white players were allowed to stay at home, meaning SOME white players were also made to go in.

Maybe I am wrong but looks to me he has played to race card as he isn't wanted by the club.

Having said that I would hope there was enough evidence for this decision to have been made.

Your obviously one of these racists too.

Well done you ******* knob. Having an opinion makes me a racist!

All I said was I didn't read anything that's suggests it was racist. I also said if they had enough evidence to make that decision then fair enough. But don't blame the fact that your shit at your job on the colour of your skin.

What part of that makes me racist? God forbid anyone question it!

All I said was I didn't read anything that's suggests it was racist. I also said if they had enough evidence to make that decision.

I would hope he gets banned for that. Defamation of character. Bang out of order.

If you want to report him I will back you up. If there was ever a need of a banning, this is it.

I would hope he gets banned for that. Defamation of character. Bang out of order.

If you want to report him I will back you up. If there was ever a need of a banning, this is it.

Thanks anyway but not my thing.

Couldn't give a toss about what someone thinks on here when anyone can quite clearly see there was nothing racist in what I said.

School holidays are soon over anyway.

Couldn't give a toss about what someone thinks on here when anyone can quite clearly see there was nothing racist in what I said.

Chill out man, he was joking. He was agreeing with you.

So much rage though. You should look into anger management or something like that.

All I said was I didn't read anything that's suggests it was racist. I also said if they had enough evidence to make that decision then fair enough. But don't blame the fact that your shit at your job on the colour of your skin.

:fish::fish: :fish: :fish:

Was just joking!

Chill out man, he was joking. He was agreeing with you.

So much rage though. You should look into anger management or something like that.

Doesn't read like a joke.

Nothing there, no exclamation mark, or emotion, or anything to suggest a joke, just a full stop.

Looks like a straight forward nasty comment.

Speaking out against racial discrimination is not whinging.

Quite agree, but as has been pointed out here the snow example quoted in the story seems a bit ridiculous. If the club was racist then surely every black player would've been called in and none of the white ones. Seems like red herring. Or a native American herring, if that appeases some of the PC types here ;-)

Obviously we haven't heard all the evidence, but McCammon's reputation for falling out with people does make me highly sceptical of his claim that a club actually gave a t0ss what colour a player was. No club these days would care providing he did his job well.

Even a club run by a clart like Scally.

Quite agree, but as has been pointed out here the snow example quoted in the story seems a bit ridiculous. If the club was racist then surely every black player would've been called in and none of the white ones. Seems like red herring. Or a native American herring, if that appeases some of the PC types here ;-)

Obviously we haven't heard all the evidence, but McCammon's reputation for falling out with people does make me highly sceptical of his claim that a club actually gave a t0ss what colour a player was. No club these days would care providing he did his job well.

Even a club run by a clart like Scally.

I think the point to me here is it's been investigated by a tribunal and they've found enough evidence to back up McCammon's version of events. Obviously nobody in this thread knows enough about what's happened to know for sure but we have to accept that, if an independent tribunal who've heard the version of events are satisfied he was racially discriminated against and that's the official verdict, then it'd be churlish to start disputing that without evidence.

McCammon could be the most unpleasant man on Earth and it still wouldn't justify him being racially discriminated against.

I think the point to me here is it's been investigated by a tribunal and they've found enough evidence to back up McCammon's version of events. Obviously nobody in this thread knows enough about what's happened to know for sure but we have to accept that, if an independent tribunal who've heard the version of events are satisfied he was racially discriminated against and that's the official verdict, then it'd be churlish to start disputing that without evidence.

McCammon could be the most unpleasant man on Earth and it still wouldn't justify him being racially discriminated against.

You've just re-written what i said.. you plagiarist. :mafia: !

All i know about Mark McCammon (apart from the fact the used to play for us) is that he either is or was ****ing a girl called Caty Cole who is on the Babe Channels and is FIT...

...life is a series of swings and roundabouts...

...I would take a bit of abuse and discrimination (racial or otherwise) if I could climb on the back of that.

Archived