IGNORED

Forget Baldock

RedRock

This GB No.12 Little woman looks a talent. Infact, Carney and the left full back seem pretty decent too. Worth a punt? Could px Woolford and throw in his hairband.

This GB vs Brazil match is far more entertaining than any England mens match for the last decade!

Pundits are better than the Hansen/Lauro combo as well ... one of them looks like she's stepped off the Starship Enterprise. Wouldn't mind being a Clingon though I'm not quite sure which side she bats for..

This GB No.12 Little woman looks a talent. Infact, Carney and the left full back seem pretty decent too. Worth a punt? Could px Woolford and throw in his hairband.

This GB vs Brazil match is far more entertaining than any England mens match for the last decade!

Pundits are better than the Hansen/Lauro combo as well ... one of them looks like she's stepped off the Starship Enterprise. Wouldn't mind being a Clingon though I'm not quite sure which side she bats for..

When I saw the thread title, I thought you'd been on BS central....

31 Jul 2012 12:26:27

Sam baldock to reject the move to bristol city and return to mk dons

Don't you just love it !

Fair play to the GB women enjoyed that game far more than the mens GB game. Should of beat Brazil by more though.

It was a good game to watch especially as the Brazilians got stuck in with several heavy challenges which you don't often see in the womens game. GB did very well, pressed very effectively and were always a threat around the opposition goal. Losing only 1-0 flattered Brazil.

I think a top Blue Square Prem team would beat them.

I was discussing their level the other day. I suspect it would be the top level of the Bristol league.

The men would just seek to play long ball and the women wouldn't have the aerial capability to deal with it.

I must admit I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the game last night......

What I dont enjoy is the rather patronising commentary & punditry.........if the player is having a mare or hits a third stray pass in a row or has a wildly off target shot please say so and not the "oh unlucky" type comments we are getting at the mo just because they are girls............

having said that ...it is incredibly frustrating at times when you can see a pass on or a shooting opportunity but they just dont have the power to put behind the ball to make it happen....

I will defo be watching the next game..........prob more so than that Welsh driven drivel of a mens team (why wont they sing the anthem?)

Watching the Women's GB has been a breath of fresh air. Playing as a team, enjoying themselves, not bickering with the Ref or diving.

I think the comparison with men's football is unnecessary, women's football is entertaining enough without comparing them to men's teams which cost millions more in terms of training, facilities and youth development.

Great game, but argee with last post, please stop trying to compare to the mens game, theres no point, they will never play each other, in the same way men will not play women at all top level sport.

Just enjoy the win,and maybe watch a few Bristol Academy games as well, cause they aint bad either

Watching the Women's GB has been a breath of fresh air. Playing as a team, enjoying themselves, not bickering with the Ref or diving.

I think the comparison with men's football is unnecessary, women's football is entertaining enough without comparing them to men's teams which cost millions more in terms of training, facilities and youth development.

I'd take a little bit of bickering or diving all day long watching the men's game over that shower.

Archived