IGNORED

Half Of Aston Gate Closed For Gillingham Game

Paul Cheesey

The part I found interesting, there are a few people that wont go to games if the Wedlocks stand is open.

With the Atyeo and Dolman holding the larger percentage of fans, are the club creating a problem if people in those stands take the same stance - that if you cant have your normal seat you wont go ?

I do remember the Dolman being closed a few years back for some LDV games.

There may be one or two who won't attend games if the Eastend is not open, but it appears the same will happen with any stand.

Why don't the club sit down with the Supporters trust and explain the reasoning behind arrangements and explore any options?

If a crowd of less than 7200 is expected then they could just open the Dolman and also the facilities underneath. The restaurant and posh facilities could still be used for those in the padded seats in the Williams. That way, everyone gets a good view of the game....Simples!!

No the facilties in the dolman are awful thats why the williams is open plus the clubs big wigs sit their as well as players who go and not featured in the game

There may be one or two who won't attend games if the Eastend is not open, but it appears the same will happen with any stand.

Why don't the club sit down with the Supporters trust and explain the reasoning behind arrangements and explore any options?

I would think the reasoning is quite clear TBH.

The Williams has better facilities for corporate guests and houses the directors box etc.. despite being slightly smaller than the Dolman (5553 compared to 6195)

The Wedlock has to be open to accomodate away fans as well as home fans and is bigger than the Atyeo (5500 to 4249)

They already have, they announced it as soon as the tie was known, and they have made it clear if the intrest is there they will open the other stands,

Whats the point of opening all 4 stands with 6000 people in the ground?

You have to pay for extra policing, stewarding, people on the venders, electricity for lights turnstile staff.......

This make perfect sense

The Williams has better facilities for corporate guests and houses the directors box etc.. despite being slightly smaller than the Dolman (5553 compared to 6195)

The Wedlock has to be open to accomodate away fans as well as home fans and is bigger than the Atyeo (5500 to 4249)

I am in the Eastend, the reasoning is not clear, stating "I think" is vague. The arrangements appear not to have been explained by BCFC? Catering, facilities, view and unreserved seating could have an impact on some fans enjoyment of the game..

All true but unfortunately the view of the pitch for the ordinary punter is pants. Priorities, eh?

Edit: and by the way, the seats are much better in the Dolman.

Having considered it I really don't fancy the Wedlocks and definitely not the Wedlocks so I'll give the match a miss. Shame as I quite fancy seeing the new team as early as possible.

If demand is high enough and they open the Atyeo or Dolman then I'll go along.

Having considered it I really don't fancy the Wedlocks and definitely not the Wedlocks so I'll give the match a miss. Shame as I quite fancy seeing the new team as early as possible.

If demand is high enough and they open the Atyeo or Dolman then I'll go along.

So that's the Wedlocks out then.

I am in the Eastend, the reasoning is not clear, stating "I think" is vague. The arrangements appear not to have been explained by BCFC? Catering, facilities, view and unreserved seating could have an impact on some fans enjoyment of the game..

How is the reasoning not clear ? The Wedlock holds more fans than The Atyeo and is easier to segregate home and away fans.

The Williams is only slightly smaller than The Dolman and has better facilities plus directors boxes etc.

It makes sense to open those 2 stands. (I'm a season ticket holder in The Dolman BTW)

All true but unfortunately the view of the pitch for the ordinary punter is pants. Priorities, eh?

Edit: and by the way, the seats are much better in the Dolman.

As I've said above , I'm an ST holder in the Dolman and would prefer to sit there , however , the rationale behind opening the Wedlock and Williams is there for all to see (or should be)

How is the reasoning not clear ? The Wedlock holds more fans than The Atyeo and is easier to segregate home and away fans.

The Williams is only slightly smaller than The Dolman and has better facilities plus directors boxes etc.

It makes sense to open those 2 stands. (I'm a season ticket holder in The Dolman BTW)

As I've said above , I'm an ST holder in the Dolman and would prefer to sit there , however , the rationale behind opening the Wedlock and Williams is there for all to see (or should be)

I don't think the club have stated the Williams v the Atyeo/Dolman is being used because Bristol City FC want to cater for a small group of corporate guests? The reasoning should be there for fans to read somewhere.

I don't think the club have stated the Williams v the Atyeo/Dolman is being used because Bristol City FC want to cater for a small group of corporate guests? The reasoning should be there for fans to read somewhere.

It's not just corporate guests though , there are the directors and other hangers on of Gillingham.

I can just imagine the response if we told the directors of another football club that the directors box and other facilities were closed and they had to sit in the stand with the supporters , whilst enjoying a half time pint and pie in the DEH !!

for god sake its the f*cking facilities, the Williams has under stand kiosks like the Ateyo and can hold alot more then the Atyeo the dolman doesn't have this hence its shut

The Wedlocks is open as it houses the away fans

If you can't get that through your head then I feel sorry for you

It seems that the reason is quite obvious for all but a few on here to be honest. I'm not sure that the club need to spell out everything in ABC just because some people struggle to grasp a simple concept that many many others have managed to grasp all by themselves with no hand-holding from the club!

If we are reducing capacity because of a lack of interest in the game then the only arrangement that makes any sort of sense is the one that has been impemented. No-one has said that the arrangments are only to do with corporate hospitality, however it clearly needs to factor into things.

Hold on a second...so when the Eastend is closed or only open to ST holder and member I will admit I have a little moan. However the response usually goes like this "it's only one game" or "who cares". Well boys and girls its only one game and who cares? :)

In addition to this the Williams has the posh seats, and the Eastend houses away fans, the Eastend is bigger than you think too. Plus there isn't many in the Ateyo anyway so it's a no brainer.

It's not just corporate guests though , there are the directors and other hangers on of Gillingham.

I can just imagine the response if we told the directors of another football club that the directors box and other facilities were closed and they had to sit in the stand with the supporters , whilst enjoying a half time pint and pie in the DEH !!

The club have, or will be shutting two stands, the DEH and the supporters club bar. A small piece of good practice would to be provide a thorough explanation to those it will affect most and why.

Hold on a second...so when the Eastend is closed or only open to ST holder and member I will admit I have a little moan. However the response usually goes like this "it's only one game" or "who cares". Well boys and girls its only one game and who cares? :)

In addition to this the Williams has the posh seats, and the Eastend houses away fans, the Eastend is bigger than you think too. Plus there isn't many in the Ateyo anyway so it's a no brainer.

Shush puckle_red, noone cares when the eastend is shut or the restrictions it has....

The club have, or will be shutting two stands, the DEH and the supporters club bar. A small piece of good practice would to be provide a thorough explanation to those it will affect most and why.

FFS !! Do you still not get it ??

Put the boot on the other foot , and imagine we are away to Gillingham. They announce that they are closing their main stand and all our directors , staff and not to mention the press and media outlets , all have to share a normal stand with home supporters. You , and I would imagine , most people on here would be calling them amateurish and all the name's under the sun !!

Any road , thats my last word on the subject. If it pissess you off that much mate , take it up with the club.

They already have!!!!!! And even if they hadn't then why do they need to explain something that everyone except you seems to understand?!? I'm sorry, but you are either profoundly stupid or are just moaning for the sake of moaning. As "glynriley" says - Probably best you take it up with the club if you still don't get it!

:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

Archived