IGNORED

Amadi-Holloway, Bobby Reid & Joe Bryan

marcofisher

So these youngsters all feautured in the match yesterday, we can presume they will all be used next season, albeit from a backup point of view, so what do we know about these three players?

Joe Bryan- 18 years old - Played left back last night, but we are aware that he can play left wing aswell. Derek said about his performance

"young Joe Bryan was outstanding at full-back - he's certainly getting stronger." By "Getting Stronger" I can only presume he means physically stronger than stronger as a player although I'm sure he is becoming stronger as a player. I am guessing that as the left wing is fairly packed now McInnes has the intention of Bryan to become a left back. Next season he may well be backup for Cunningham, but with Foster & Edwards also being able to both full back postitions and Carey and James Wilson both being able to play Right Back(Meaning Foster may be put left back if Cunningham unavailable) I can see him going on a loan to a league 1 or 2 team, where he can get as much football as possible but will have an option to be recalled!

Amadi-Holloway-19 Years Old - Can play Central Defense or in attack as far as i'm aware, anyone know where he played last night when coming on? Derek did say he was good when he came on. I can only see holloway having the chance to impress McInnes on loan. Also reportedly has to show a bit more desire.

Bobby Reid-19 Years Old- Is usually a central midfielder, I think in a playmaker sort of role, I saw on twiiter last night though that he was apparently playing left winger, can anyone confirm if this is true or not? Could very well see him being on the bench next season as a possible backup for kilkenny in a playmaker role.

So how do we rate these players and how do we see them faring next season? As far as I know they all have 1 year left on their contracts do you see them earning new ones?

"Step up or ship out" is a harsh and less than considered response on 3 individuals.

Clearly the manager and staff rate Bryan highly, he was used when we were really struggling against Leicester last season and did well enough on his debut. He was then an unused sub on a few occasions and whether or not he is involved much next season then we will surely persevere with him.

Amadi-Holloway is unusually for one of our academy products a considerable physical presence, he now needs to find a settled position and silence any doubts about his attitude.

This is a big year for Reid, Millen used him as a sub in the last game of the season before last, but he was nowhere near the first team last season, he now needs to show that his lack of stature (and strength) isn't the barrier it appears to be.

"Step up or ship out" is a harsh and less than considered response on 3 individuals.

Clearly the manager and staff rate Bryan highly, he was used when we were really struggling against Leicester last season and did well enough on his debut. He was then an unused sub on a few occasions and whether or not he is involved much next season then we will surely persevere with him.

Judging only from the various reports coming out of AG it would seen that Bryan is the most highly rated. When he made his début against Leicester he looked like a boy in a man's game and yet despite that did pretty well. I'm glad that he's 'stronger' and that hopefully means that he's beefed up as well. He's two footed which is great asset to have and we could see him getting some first team playing time from the bench this season. Its obvious that McInnes sees him as a potential first teamer despite his age.

Amadi-Holloway is unusually for one of our academy products a considerable physical presence, he now needs to find a settled position and silence any doubts about his attitude.

This is a big year for Reid, Millen used him as a sub in the last game of the season before last, but he was nowhere near the first team last season, he now needs to show that his lack of stature (and strength) isn't the barrier it appears to be.

Not really, Feddy Adu had all the promise in the world but never steped up so did the champ manager Cheno Samba and he never made the grade,

These lads ar 18 19 and 19 their bodys are almost devloped fully if they don't break trhough this season they never will, We need to stop looking at our youth players through rose tinted glasses,

Over the course of the years the managers have been getting stick for not playing the likes of Plummer Jackson etc only for these players to leave and fall off the face of the earth,

Our recent managers as far back as Wilson hasn't seen much in the lads and we won't until our changes in you youth system start to kick in in the next 4 or 5 years, then we may start to see players making the grade like at Cardiff and watford,

We've paid for the jobs for the boys coaching and face fitting coaching policys at the club, Now Del's come in and completely shaken it up we may finally start seeing the youth that the money we have spent on finally be devolped

So no step up or ship out isn't harsh if anything it should make them train harder become better players and will only help ciy in the future

I commented earlier this summer about these boys!

We dont know what we need until the lads are assessed. However I have just received a text that Baldock has signed any truth?

not heard anything concrete but its damn close by all accounts

These lads ar 18 19 and 19 their bodys are almost devloped fully if they don't break trhough this season they never will

Not necessarily true. There is a huge difference between the body of many 19 year olds and even a 22 year old. Whilst they may reach their full height by 19, many won't have had their "strength spurt" which means they add an extra 1-2 stone of muscle and thicken out to look like a man. Obviously there are always exceptions, i'd say that Aaron Holloway has had his "strength spurt" looking at him but neither Reid nor Bryan have. This makes a huge difference as physical strength plays such a big part in our game in England.

On the other hand, we can't give all the time in the world to young players and perhaps unfortunatley those who are too lightweight by the age of 19 may fall by the wayside. Arguably that is a failing of our game but that's a different debate all together!

Not necessarily true. There is a huge difference between the body of many 19 year olds and even a 22 year old. Whilst they may reach their full height by 19, many won't have had their "strength spurt" which means they add an extra 1-2 stone of muscle and thicken out to look like a man. Obviously there are always exceptions, i'd say that Aaron Holloway has had his "strength spurt" looking at him but neither Reid nor Bryan have. This makes a huge difference as physical strength plays such a big part in our game in England.

On the other hand, we can't give all the time in the world to young players and perhaps unfortunatley those who are too lightweight by the age of 19 may fall by the wayside. Arguably that is a failing of our game but that's a different debate all together!

Lightweight isn't and issue if you have the technical skill like the spanish but british footballers don't :(

Perhaps this is another reason why Del is not interested in a back up to Cunningham as he feels Bryan is an adequate stand in. I would also imagine that if Edwards and Bryan are impressing in the full back slots, it's just another reason as to why he hasn't tried to sign Mark Wilson yet.

Currently we have Skuse, Marv, Morris, Killa and Pearson to compete for the central roles in what ever system Del decides to use. Having Holloway and Reid as back up to those is healthy, and although they might not get much of a look in it is up to them to try and push through.

Yes it will be tough to regularly get above any of the 5 mentioned, but if Del doesn't sign another centre midfielder it will be as good a chance as they will have I would imagine.

Not really, Feddy Adu had all the promise in the world but never steped up so did the champ manager Cheno Samba and he never made the grade,

These lads ar 18 19 and 19 their bodys are almost devloped fully if they don't break trhough this season they never will, We need to stop looking at our youth players through rose tinted glasses,

Over the course of the years the managers have been getting stick for not playing the likes of Plummer Jackson etc only for these players to leave and fall off the face of the earth,

Our recent managers as far back as Wilson hasn't seen much in the lads and we won't until our changes in you youth system start to kick in in the next 4 or 5 years, then we may start to see players making the grade like at Cardiff and watford,

We've paid for the jobs for the boys coaching and face fitting coaching policys at the club, Now Del's come in and completely shaken it up we may finally start seeing the youth that the money we have spent on finally be devolped

So no step up or ship out isn't harsh if anything it should make them train harder become better players and will only help ciy in the future

Que? Have you got one of those dictation apps?

Archived