IGNORED

Gulf In Class

westonred

The only atmosphere in your ground comes from the East end because of the acoustics generally around your ground.Any sound from the rest of your ground just gets lost in the air because the stands are so high and open. Listen toi the Radio and you will hear that you were complertely out sung and we were completely outplayed!

The only atmosphere in your ground comes from the East end because of the acoustics generally around your ground.Any sound from the rest of your ground just gets lost in the air because the stands are so high and open. Listen toi the Radio and you will hear that you were complertely out sung and we were completely outplayed!

On the radio that may of been the case fella, but from in the middle of the Williams your fans were drab and unheard other than a 10 minute spell after half time. Very surprising as I thought you'd be ridiculously loud due to those acoustics. Bit of comedy when the mouthy chunky chap in the aisle got a fair bit of stick.

On the radio that may of been the case fella, but from in the middle of the Williams your fans were drab and unheard other than a 10 minute spell after half time. Very surprising as I thought you'd be ridiculously loud due to those acoustics. Bit of comedy when the mouthy chunky chap in the aisle got a fair bit of stick.

Was that the fan or the player ?

I worked nights so couldn't get there today (I work in Warwick to makes things worse !!) but listened to 2nd half on radio. Basically everytime I heard Rovers signing it was closely followed by City singing louder!

Oh and yeah we outplayed you ;-)

Outsung? You have got to be kidding me.

You're right about the acoustics, the East End is a massive advantage because the low roof projects the sound out. And yet your sorry lot were the quietest large crowd we've had for a long, long time. We barely heard you at all. We hear plenty of other away followings. Go figure.

I'm not just starting a post just to have a go at the Gas but the Gulf in Class was there for all to see today. Everyone of our subs would have easily got in their starting line up today, it makes you laugh when even our 7th Sub of the day is a Welsh international that says is all really.

It shows how far our Club has come in recent years but let's not get too carried away because we played against a very poor side today, in fact i would go as far as to say the poorest side i have seen at the Gate for 4 or 5 years

I think the fact they have signed Clarkson says it all really.

Of course theres a gulf class. The Gas are two divisions below us.

Its nice to win a pre-season game but not essential. Its all about game time and fitness.

Yeah, nice to win a few pre-season games this time around, considering last years pre-season debacle under Keef.

Winnings always good for confidence, and Del certainly seems to have them fit and sharp.

Decent CB and ST and we should hopefully finish top 10.....have'nt done that since....GJ was in charge!!!

guys we do need to take time out. yes it was the gas and great it is to do them over but its only the gas. It could have been worthy but lowly opposition like mangotsfield. however already its the best result in ages

Yeah, shame that David Clarkspies defected to the dark side..

What is buggin me though is that Fatty McGoo promised he'd field a decent team for this fixture...

he obviously tells as many porkies as he and his team eat i reckon!

For them only Harrold stood out ... but ginger hair with pink boots!!

The Gas are now utterly utterly sh*t.

I mean they have never been the silkiest of sides down the years but that side they have now is true bottom division stuff.

I get a bit down sometimes when I see us, but fk me dead, I'd slit my wrists if I had to wash that utter horsesh*t that turn out for them.

Unless its a cup game, I can't see us playing them competitively for at least a decade now.

And this from someone who resides in a 'stadium' with a couple of sides, a porta-cabin and a stretch of corrugated. I am sure the atmosphere and noise retention at the Minimal is infinitely superior.

NOT.

But so were Crawley and Swindon last season,they both beat us. Rovers looked like a Western league side.

That's quite an eye opener really Portland. The gas really were shockingly bad yesterday. I thought they might push at the top end of the basement league yet if yesterdays performance was a yardstick, they are in for a very tough season.

I, genuinely, cannot believe how bad they were!

But so were Crawley and Swindon last season,they both beat us. Rovers looked like a Western league side.

I also watched us play against Torquay last pre-season and Rovers were a much, much worse side than them. Hopefully for their sake and ours the difference between Saturday and our games against League 2 opposition last season was mainly down to us being a much better team now!

I know alot of people have focused on the difference in fitness between the two sides, and we were without doubt in much better shape then them, but I feel that is taking something away from the obvious gulf in quality between the two teams. I'd even say we were possibly closer to Ajax in that friendly a couple of years ago than Rovers were to us on Saturday!

Of course theres a gulf class. The Gas are two divisions below us.

no sh1t Sherlock !!! but have you ever known a r*vers team to be so easy to turn over ? we have always had better players but when they played against us they always seemed more 'up for it' than us and fought for their lives, That current gas team just rolled over without a fight which is great to see

Archived