IGNORED

Gulf In Class

westonred

I'm not just starting a post just to have a go at the Gas but the Gulf in Class was there for all to see today. Everyone of our subs would have easily got in their starting line up today, it makes you laugh when even our 7th Sub of the day is a Welsh international that says is all really.

It shows how far our Club has come in recent years but let's not get too carried away because we played against a very poor side today, in fact i would go as far as to say the poorest side i have seen at the Gate for 4 or 5 years

Quite literally leagues apart. Mr McGhee needs to find a midfield before the season starts, although given their style of play, they may not need one.

Less said about fatty mcpiemuncher at the back for them the better.

Quite literally leagues apart. Mr McGhee needs to find a midfield before the season starts, although given their style of play, they may not need one.

Less said about fatty mcpiemuncher at the back for them the better.

The guy the jock said was too good for us!

The guy the jock said was too good for us!

Maybe he meant Bristol RFU, the guy is not built for football in this day and age, carrying that much weight he's only going to keep getting injuries.

Agree on their squad as a whole, portly pretty much to a man.

Only player i thought was half decent for them was Harrold up front. When they smacked the ball into him he held it up really well and tried to bring others into it. As for Kenneth, i said earlier in the week that the sags at the Paulton Rovers game in midweek said he wouldn't get into the Railway 2nd X1 sunday team. I can see what they meant now!!

Their centre half was 23 stone and shit

I'd be disgusted if we ever signed a player in that shape. He looks like a Downs league player. Have a look at his size when he played in Scotland a couple of years back. Bloke must be 2-3 stone heavier easily. I mean Jon Parkin is big, but effective, this bloke is just out of shape.

No wonder The Pie Factory couldn't cope.

agree with all this, but also think we looked very fit. pearson and skuse were tireless and as a whole we looked very organised, yes, as said, against a very poor team. corners still an issue tho!!!

Didn't go today but listened instead on Radio Bristol. They were saying that Cunningham in particular seemed to be having difficulty with corners and put it down to the layout of the pitch - having to start on asphelt, step up on the grass and then hit the all quickly. If you're only used to taking corners with a long, flat run up then I can see that AG could give you a problem. Nothing that can't be cured by practice of course. Was reckon?

Didn't go today but listened instead on Radio Bristol. They were saying that Cunningham in particular seemed to be having difficulty with corners and put it down to the layout of the pitch - having to start on asphelt, step up on the grass and then hit the all quickly. If you're only used to taking corners with a long, flat run up then I can see that AG could give you a problem. Nothing that can't be cured by practice of course. Was reckon?

He did scuff a couple but his delivery from crosses was very good. Didn't notice anyone else struggling with corners that i can remember.

I can sort of see that the change in surface isn't ideal but the opposition (in general I mean, not today's) usually seem to manage it better than us.

Yea, i hope this was the reason as his corners were awful. With the quality he showed i cant see his corners being that poor without a cause.

We were different gear today. Must say I thought their keeper made a few good saves bar Woolford's goal he should have saved. Actually thought he looked a hald decent keeper who commanded his defence well despite seeing the ball go past him 3 times, he did make more than a few decent saves.

Thought you were well better than us today but you definiytely need to get some strikers because you let us off the hook.Stead cannot hit a barn door and for Championship level looks really poor. We looked ,as I expected at least two weeks behind you in match fitness and I think it really showed that you have been playing a quality up on the opposition you have played. Good luck in the coming season you looked good today and should have a much better season.

Thought you were well better than us today but you definiytely need to get some strikers because you let us off the hook.Stead cannot hit a barn door and for Championship level looks really poor. We looked ,as I expected at least two weeks behind you in match fitness and I think it really showed that you have been playing a quality up on the opposition you have played. Good luck in the coming season you looked good today and should have a much better season.

Thanks FG I agree i think your squad just didnt look fit today. Your right about our strikers i think Stead will improve and he has always been more of a creator for others and chip in with 10 to 15 himself. Pitman just isnt interested in playing for BCFC thats was obvious again hopefully the Baldock deal will come off (god if he was playing today i dont know what the score would have been)

Thanks FG I agree i think your squad just didnt look fit today. Your right about our strikers i think Stead will improve and he has always been more of a creator for others and chip in with 10 to 15 himself. Pitman just isnt interested in playing for BCFC thats was obvious again hopefully the Baldock deal will come off (god if he was playing today i dont know what the score would have been)

Pitman was poor and he probably should have helped himself to a hat-trick, but I'm not sure how you could come to the conclusion he 'isn't interested' bearing in mind some of the tackles he threw himself into.

Pitman was poor and he probably should have helped himself to a hat-trick, but I'm not sure how you could come to the conclusion he 'isn't interested' bearing in mind some of the tackles he threw himself into.

Well i should i say he never looks interested, never shows any urgency, never tackles back, always waits for the ball come to him rather than chase it. I feel he wants out, a move to Burnley under his old manager and Baldock and Hunt coming in would be best all round

Having taken corners at the gate I myself didnt have a Problem getting elevation on the ball but some others did.

Well i should i say he never looks interested, never shows any urgency, never tackles back, always waits for the ball come to him rather than chase it. I feel he wants out, a move to Burnley under his old manager and Baldock and Hunt coming in would be best all round

Disagree. On a number of occasions Pitman helped out his midfield by tackling back. In fact his over eagerness to win the ball back on one occasion in the second half was near reminiscent of his challenge against Coventry. So that's bull. He won headers and was surprisingly good in the air against larger opposition. That said he should've bagged a brace.

Check this out, what planet are they from ? : http://www.brfcforum...543-city-forum/

There was only 8 post when I looked and it consists of....

"They forget they were only 1-0 up up untill 79mins due to a keeper error"

"We made more noise in the EastEnd then they have for a while"

"City fans looking for trouble = Scum"

"Listening to it on the radio I could only hear our fans TBH "

:liar:

Archived