IGNORED

Jessica Ennis Well Done

ciderincornwall

Mo Farah - What a legend.

First becomes the first person to beat the Cube and wins 250k for charity with 7 lives remaining, now a gold medalist.

... and seemed to be doing the Ayatolah at the end! Great race, intelligent tactical plan. Top night for us.

You only have to look at the pen from Sturridge to know that they aren't coached in taking them.

What a dick.

All the korean pens were more or less perfect, they're obviously well coached.

The amount of times I've seen "professionals" take just two or three steps to take a pen - gives the keeper a big advantage. Sure, Cleverly got away with it tonight, but I've lost count of the number I've seen missed doing that.

And the number of so-called managers who say "theres no point in practising as you can't replicate the real thing". Idiots.

People wonder why we're no good at penalty shoot outs - its because we don't approach it professionally.

Spot on. Every professional footballer should be able to kick the ball at pace 1 foot inside the post. That's all you have to do, if the keeper saves it, shake his hand. 9/10 times he won't.

In fairness to Butland, saving pens also relies on guessing the right way. He IS a proven shot stopper. Just had no luck in guessing right tonight.

As for Sturridge. We all know stop start run ups are risky so why risk it? idiot.

It just looked like a very nervy reaction to me. He was nervous.

I feel for him. Not nice to be the guy that misses a penalty. But somebody has too.

Anyway, what a day for our athletes.

And once again, stunning in the velodrome.

Archived