IGNORED

Can Someone Confirm, Entrance Music

ChrisBCFC

I'm sure I remember the star wars theme being used before??

I have no problem with Firework being used if McInnes and co think it could have an effect.

I also remember ' the boys are back in town ' a while back too!

Do whatever McInnes and the players want it to be, that's what is most important if it gives the players some sort of psychological edge.

I enjoyed the Muse song at the end of last season but it won't suit unless we end up in another relegation battle, which hopefully we wont!

I seem to remember before a pre season friendly in the mid nineties, someone on the PA barking instructions for what we need to sing when the players come out to Hi Ho Silver Lining (ie Tannoy: HI HO......crowd: "BRISTOL CITY") .

I think we even did a couple of practice runs, FFS!

Was this a bad dream?

Either way, I don't like Hi Ho Silver Lining.

Do whatever McInnes and the players want it to be, that's what is most important if it gives the players some sort of psychological edge.

If the players need to be motivated by a song at the start then we are in trouble, what happens when we play away??

The entrance music should be relvant to City, something that gets the crowd going or nothing at all. What it shouldn't be is a song more suited for an under 18 disco or aerobics class.

If the players need to be motivated by a song at the start then we are in trouble, what happens when we play away??

The entrance music should be relvant to City, something that gets the crowd going or nothing at all. What it shouldn't be is a song more suited for an under 18 disco or aerobics class.

Kind of agree with you but you have to remember that most of the players are young lads that aren't from Bristol. In their eyes the Wurzels is backward inbred folk music from the 70s. It has been proven that music can have a massive affect on sports performance (hence why practically every club uses it to motivate in training). So if the players are walking out and hear music that to them sounds old fashioned and embarrassing (I imagine the opposition take the p**s), then it could affect their focus and performance.

The best compromise is to have stuff like the wurzels and other traditional music before the game and at half time to get the crowd going/singing and then have something upbeat and modern for the walkout that the players want.

Kind of agree with you but you have to remember that most of the players are young lads that aren't from Bristol. In their eyes the Wurzels is backward inbred folk music from the 70s. It has been proven that music can have a massive affect on sports performance (hence why practically every club uses it to motivate in training). So if the players are walking out and hear music that to them sounds old fashioned and embarrassing (I imagine the opposition take the p**s), then it could affect their focus and performance.

The best compromise is to have stuff like the wurzels and other traditional music before the game and at half time to get the crowd going/singing and then have something upbeat and modern for the walkout that the players want.

Everton play the theme from Z Cars a 70's TV show, have done for years and is part of their tradition, hasn't done them any harm.

Yes the liquidator!! Class tune!! Think Chelsea have it though

You would have heard it nearly forty years ago maybe more at ashton Gate with a chorus of skinhead. Dont think old skol traditional tunes fit in as somerset sam notes with Price and Smith. Club once had a dj at half time who used to play punk records by the ramones.

wouldnt mind chelsea dagger , that was good about 3 years ago , every time we scored we all jumped around.

Sorry, but that was crap about 3 years ago.

I jump around every time we score.

The fact is I don't need some crap music to make me do it!

If a tune does something subconsciously to improve player performance then I don't care what it is if it works. Loads of work is done with professional sports people on the psychology in performance - if this is part of it then so be it.

If its bollocks about getting the crowd going then we don't need it, all we need is a team we enjoy watching for that!

This has been the best one in recent years (repeating comments in other threads, I know). If it was good enough for The Sisters of Mercy to walk out to, it's good enough for City.

That said, I'd take any sh1te as walk out music if it means that never ever again will music be played after a goal.

Archived