IGNORED

Are We Papering Over The Cracks?

The Humble Realist

Our lack of a centre half is a big concern in my eyes. I kno DM is working hard to bring one in but with only a week to go will we get one.

Furthermore if we do the player will hv one pre season game max to bed in.

Before the last 8 games of last season we looked very shaky in central defence. Add to this the departure of cisse and things are at best looking uncertain defensively ahead of the new season.

I kno this post seems negative but I am just being realistic as without at the very least an amogou I really believe we will struggle away from home in particular.

City's best pre season for a while I agree we need a cb and a cf but let's not b negative before we kick a ball the additions of Morris heaton Cunningham better than wars left the club del got his hands tied but he knows Wat he's doing it's frustrating signing players but there's still time new signings will happen and after a couple of games will b up to speed understand some of your concerns but lets b positive get behind the team IMO we will b ok COYR CTID

We are far stronger than last season, bar a CB who will be brought in soon. I take it the two posters saying "we will struggle" and "wont score many goals" haven't seen any of the pre season games, as we look a far more attaccking unit this year and i think we will score a shed full, so cheer up lads, it might never happen

I'm perfectly cheerful................but it will happen ..........unless we get a centre half and a striker...........we will not be competitive enough. Beating a couple of sub standard Scots teams, a lowly neighbour, and drawing with Soton proves nothing.....except that we are fitter than most teams....who will be just as fit in 4 weeks.

I don't think u can read too much into pre season, bar saints we havnt played any1 decent! However I do agree its good to be unbeaten and certainly better than in last 2seasons.

I'm not being negative, I just fear we could get dragged into a relegation scrap without that centre half.

Whose going to be centre half , fontaine and....Carey(gettin older obv), nyatanga (proved he needs sum1 stronger than fontaine alongside him), Wilson (unproven really but young) . I just think a lot of optimists talking bout top ten need to calm down until centre back signed as we will struggle defensivly away from home without one

You are forgetting that Mcmanus came in without any game time and bedded in straight away, as did Bikey when he came in.

It's sides and squads that need to play and merge together, not the odd inidividual here and there......

I was going to say the same thing, Dont even think Mcmanus trained before the palace game either!!

Suspect lower mid-table if we get a decent centre-back in.

While we are far stronger than last season, so is the division.

Think we could find a couple of break-through players from the development squad - hopeful for Taylor and Wilson. If that happens and we invest in a goal-scoring midfielder and nippy striker the play-offs are a possibility.

I think we good to go

Oooh, can't tell if winding up OP or really upset :o

Very angry why write the club off without a ball being kicked

People on here have been saying a good preseason is important now they are saying jack

If we don't sign anyone else so what what makes you think we will be in a relegation scrap?

We proved at the end of last season if we have a settled side with a good manager we can beat anyone

The only reason we were un a relegation battle was Keith Millen everyone knows it but people like robbo and all the other Millen lovers don't want to admit they are wrong

Instead of worrying about relegation (last time I checked there was still 46 games left) support the ****ung team and have a bit of faith un the manager for a change!!!

Our lack of a centre half is a big concern in my eyes. I kno DM is working hard to bring one in but with only a week to go will we get one.

Furthermore if we do the player will hv one pre season game max to bed in.

Before the last 8 games of last season we looked very shaky in central defence. Add to this the departure of cisse and things are at best looking uncertain defensively ahead of the new season.

I kno this post seems negative but I am just being realistic as without at the very least an amogou I really believe we will struggle away from home in particular.

Little wrong with what you have said.

Lose of Cisse is a big blow which is being underestimated.

Defence and Attack are a concern.

Up front we have two good forwards but if either are injured (which will happen at some point) then we have a problem, Taylor could come good, but is still a unknown at this level.

Defensively lack of a Amogou/McManus player is concerning. Hoping Carey can get and stay fit, but based on last two season isn't a sure thing.

People on here have been saying a good preseason is important now they are saying jack

If we don't sign anyone else so what what makes you think we will be in a relegation scrap?

We proved at the end of last season if we have a settled side with a good manager we can beat anyone

The only reason we were un a relegation battle was Keith Millen everyone knows it but people like robbo and all the other Millen lovers don't want to admit they are wrong

Instead of worrying about relegation (last time I checked there was still 46 games left) support the ****ung team and have a bit of faith un the manager for a change!!!

I only ever try and be realistic. I try not to be negative nor optimistic . Just sayin it as I see it in that we struggled at the back last year til amogou came in n we havnt replaced him.

Just said I think we could struggle if we don't get one in!

I agree about Millen n I kno delboy will have us much better organised. In fact I expect del probably shares my view!

At no point have I 'written the club off ' n will always have my full support til the death

Suspect lower mid-table if we get a decent centre-back in.

While we are far stronger than last season, so is the division.

Think we could find a couple of break-through players from the development squad - hopeful for Taylor and Wilson. If that happens and we invest in a goal-scoring midfielder and nippy striker the play-offs are a possibility.

The league isn't far stronger than last season. While teams like Huddersfield have come up.....you have teams like Birmingham, Palarse Leeds and Ipswich who are much are weaker.

You also have teams like Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday who could struggle at this level.

The league isn't far stronger than last season. While teams like Huddersfield have come up.....you have teams like Birmingham, Palarse Leeds and Ipswich who are much are weaker.

You also have teams like Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday who could struggle at this level.

In my eyes, the teams you mention just back up his point that the league is stronger.

I definitely don't expect Charlton to struggle, Dave Jones will have Sheff Wed in the top half. Birmingham still look tidy to me and have a good young manager in Lee Clarke. Warnock will sort Leeds out. Only Ipswich look weaker out if that lot IMO....

Add to that Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves. It's definitely tougher.

Blackburns off field problems will hinder them bolton are up the creak of they don't make a return to the pre right away

Charlton and Wednesday aren't going to be a big threat

Huddersfield will be though

We'll see. We all know what momentum can do for you following promotion.

Bolton will be there or thereabouts, so will Blackburn.

Wood, as yet, not replaced, Bikey, as yet not replaced, Cisse, gone.

All still needs rectifying, all pivotal in our run in.

Not to say it won't happen. At the moment we haven't, which leads me to believe we will struggle.

Attacking, we look better, but in non competitive games. In defence, against poor opposition, apart from the saints, the same school boy errors, which is a little worrying.

We are light on strikers, if stead and Taylor follow last seasons injuries, we will have just pitman.... Who can't play up front on his own!

The defence only shored up once Bikey arrived, it was still shipping with McManus. I'm hoping Cunningham will help a little, but, it is still a problem area.

Will morris play the cisse role? I think he will play the Kilkenny role, leaving the fragile central defence over exposed

At this point in time, I see a struggle, if we sign some quality in the right positions, there will be a lot more optimism. I can only go by what I have seen so far.

That said, the attacking full backs look a big improvement.

Not to say it won't happen. At the moment we haven't, which leads me to believe we will struggle.

Attacking, we look better, but in non competitive games. In defence, against poor opposition, apart from the saints, the same school boy errors, which is a little worrying.

We are light on strikers, if stead and Taylor follow last seasons injuries, we will have just pitman.... Who can't play up front on his own!

The defence only shored up once Bikey arrived, it was still shipping with McManus. I'm hoping Cunningham will help a little, but, it is still a problem area.

Will morris play the cisse role? I think he will play the Kilkenny role, leaving the fragile central defence over exposed

At this point in time, I see a struggle, if we sign some quality in the right positions, there will be a lot more optimism. I can only go by what I have seen so far.

Top (realistic) post.

In my eyes, the teams you mention just back up his point that the league is stronger.

I definitely don't expect Charlton to struggle, Dave Jones will have Sheff Wed in the top half. Birmingham still look tidy to me and have a good young manager in Lee Clarke. Warnock will sort Leeds out. Only Ipswich look weaker out if that lot IMO....

Add to that Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves. It's definitely tougher.

So this league is much tougher yet Sheff Wed are altomatically going to finish in the top half......Right, ok then.

So this league is much tougher yet Sheff Wed are altomatically going to finish in the top half......Right, ok then.

We've lost Reading, Southampton And West Ham. Been replaced by Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves - all good sides IMO despite there struggles.

We've lost Coventry(utter shite), Donny(Shite) and Pompey (going bust) been replaced by Charlton, Sheff Weds and Hudders - all stronger teams.

It's not even debatable!!

We finished in the playoffs following promotion, momentum is key and Dave Jones knows this division inside out. He's already made some good signings, I'd be very surprised if Sheff Wed weren't competitive.

What makes you think they will struggle?

Blackburns off field problems will hinder them bolton are up the creak of they don't make a return to the pre right away

Charlton and Wednesday aren't going to be a big threat

Huddersfield will be though

Blackburn will walk the Championship if they get it right on the pitch.

They've got a Prem midfield and still looking to sign Rhodes...

TOP POST

Agree with that fully, out wide we have improved no doubt, however, the spine still looks weak

Wood only signed because Maynard left score 1 goal (stead when fit is better)

Cisse has been replaced with Morris who looks like he can pass tackle and hold the ball

Bikes was only signed due to injurys to Fontaine and carey

Is it beyond the realms of comprehension that several of our players perform unimaginably better than last season. Anyone who thinks that fonts isnt a very very good centre back at this level is deluded. My prediction is that del will get twice as much out of every one of our players this season, its a tough league and we wont get it all our way. But people need to stop confusing poor form and luck with us actually having a poor team. We are on the whole very capable.

Archived