IGNORED

Are We Papering Over The Cracks?

The Humble Realist

I'm happy so far with the quality of the players brought in, and that the manager knows the gaps well (something GJ and KM seemed to miss).

I'd rather wait for the right players than rush into mistakes and I'm pleased McInnes has a careful approach in the transfer market.

I think we're in better shape both physically and in terms of players than we were last season. I would agree we need a center half and at least 1 center forward but Del knows this it's not like in previous seasons when we've said we need a certain position and nothing happens. I trust del to bring in the players maybe not till nearer the end of the transfer window (not ideal but there we go) but players will come in

As I said, the fact your saying Sheff Wednesday will definately be a top table side highlights how u don't understand this league......

This is what you don't get, your making assumptions, but because your knowledge is so Poor and limited you state things based on nothing but feeble, uneducated guesswork. For every Del there is a Cooper at Peterborough, again, the fact you can't see this highlights how little you know.

This post does not require a response.

I will respond because you are talking to drivel - again.

Please quote me on where I said Sheff Wed will be a top table side? The fact that I didn't say that simply highlights that you cannot read or you choose to make things up to suit your argument.

I think you will find that I actually said the following - "Dave Jones will have Sheff Wed in the top half" & "momentum is key and Dave Jones knows this division inside out. He's already made some good signings, I'd be very surprised if Sheff Wed weren't competitive."

So, Cleverclogs, where did I say that Sheff Wed would definitely be a top table side? I merely suggested they would be somehere in the top 12.

Now pipe down little boy.....

Stroll on, When are the school holidays over?

I'm happy so far with the quality of the players brought in, and that the manager knows the gaps well (something GJ and KM seemed to miss).

I'd rather wait for the right players than rush into mistakes and I'm pleased McInnes has a careful approach in the transfer market.

Certainly a massive improvement on Taylor, Bolasie and Kilkenny.....clearly the board were aware that investment in the playing squad was required to help ensure that there is no repeat of last season.

Certainly a massive improvement on Taylor, Bolasie and Kilkenny.....clearly the board were aware that investment in the playing squad was required to help ensure that there is no repeat of last season.

P'boro' finished slightly above City last season but have not got a (visibly) stronger squad this season. On local radio today their Manager stated more attention to detail will improve the performance. "Last season we lost 15 games by one goal, 1-0, 2-1 etc. Tighten up our play and we'll pick up more points".

Sounds simple, but it still requires the same players improving on their current performance.

Our lack of a centre half is a big concern in my eyes. I kno DM is working hard to bring one in but with only a week to go will we get one.

Furthermore if we do the player will hv one pre season game max to bed in.

Before the last 8 games of last season we looked very shaky in central defence. Add to this the departure of cisse and things are at best looking uncertain defensively ahead of the new season.

I kno this post seems negative but I am just being realistic as without at the very least an amogou I really believe we will struggle away from home in particular.

This was my opening post? Fair reflection now?

Our lack of a centre half is a big concern in my eyes. I kno DM is working hard to bring one in but with only a week to go will we get one.

Before the last 8 games of last season we looked very shaky in central defence. Add to this the departure of cisse and things are at best looking uncertain defensively ahead of the new season.

I kno this post seems negative but I am just being realistic as without at the very least an amogou I really believe we will struggle away from home in particular.

I know we have bought McManus in since but look how shot down I was at the time...

Least its not late in season n we can hopefully do something about it!

It is funny reading comments on here 2-3 months ago but we really should of saw it coming not changing our defence.. I also though morris could be the next paul hartley and our midfield problem was solved.. HAHA

Many of us have seen it for a long, long time, it's worrying that the manager hasn't been able to adequately solve the problem, it's equally worrying that Morris could have ever been the answer to the midfield question!

In answer to your question posed on August 8th 2012, yes the club has been papering over the cracks !!!!! We're relegation fodder just as we were last season. The inherent weakness of the weak central midfield and the dodgy defence without the likes of Caulker and Amougu is really starting to take its toll on our form.

Archived