IGNORED

Del Radio Bristol Interview From The Beeb

!james

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19198958

• Hopeful of 1 or 2 new faces before first game of season (Gillingham)
  • Still aware of 1 or 2 positions that still need to be filled
  • Getting positive feedback from certain players he is chasing that they want to come to us, good desire from players that they want to be here
  • Looking at certain types of players and characters, making sure we get the right people in
  • No news and no bid for Adomah, wants Albert to stay, he is happy here and wants good players to come and work alongside him - he wont go unless someone comes in and meets our valuation

Very good interview. Fills me with even more confidence that we will bring in the quality players we need to be a secure top half team this season then who knows what will happen.

The dreaded... +1

Del is the best signing we've made for seasons. I absolutely believe we have a great manager.

Another great interview..I the like the bit about hes been linked to just about every player this summer and if they keep guessing they might eventually get one right :) So the two players mcinnes wants to bring in havent been mentioned? Wait and see i suppose.

The dreaded... +1

Del is the best signing we've made for seasons. I absolutely believe we have a great manager.

Very good point - a fantastic signing - and destined to be a Premier League manager (hopefully with City). Focused and grounded, I feel Del will make the right decisions (including sales of players if inevitable) and build a squad to take our club forward and upwards.

The bottom line is that Del boy has gone about filling the gaps in the City squad in what looks likes as a decent manner. Sure, some gaps remain open but it looks as if he has players lined up to fill the vacancies. All well and good.

But..............Talk is cheap and the real test starts when the serious stuff gets under way. Anything but a win against the Gills will raise suspicions that another poor season awaits and a defeat at Forest will do the same.

Its premature imo to be holding a Del Boy 'love in' certainly one based on a radio interview. He's done nothing yet. Lets evaluate things when we are 10-15 games in to the new season, by then we'll know whether he has indeed got what it takes to turn City into anything but relegation fodder.

The bottom line is that Del boy has gone about filling the gaps in the City squad in what looks likes as a decent manner. Sure, some gaps remain open but it looks as if he has players lined up to fill the vacancies. All well and good.

But..............Talk is cheap and the real test starts when the serious stuff gets under way. Anything but a win against the Gills will raise suspicions that another poor season awaits and a defeat at Forest will do the same.

Its premature imo to be holding a Del Boy 'love in' certainly one based on a radio interview. He's done nothing yet. Lets evaluate things when we are 10-15 games in to the new season, by then we'll know whether he has indeed got what it takes to turn City into anything but relegation fodder.

That's my 30 mins of enthusiasm blown......

Can't argue that 'talk is cheap'... But it makes pleasant listening and belief that someone at the helm is confident in his and his players ability...

But I don't think one bad result will kill off enthusiasm... But this is Bristol City

well he didnt turn them into relegation fodder last season.. i think he has what it takes

That's my 30 mins of enthusiasm blown......

Can't argue that 'talk is cheap'... But it makes pleasant listening and belief that someone at the helm is confident in his and his players ability...

But I don't think one bad result will kill off enthusiasm... But this is Bristol City

Having a silver tongue along with an astute PR awareness doesn't mean that his team will win football matches.

Well he kept us up last season and in my opinion that took some doing after "your mate" left him with a massive struggle on his hands !!!!!

Having a silver tongue along with an astute PR awareness doesn't mean that his team will win football matches.

I know you aren't ranting about McInnes but you always seem to have a much more negative opinion towards him than you did Millen. Is there an actual reason for this?

Goes without saying.. GJ is testimony to that..

But it's a quality not a negative and could well motivate the players around..

I suppose my glass is half full..

But your right bottom line is points on board..

As I said let the journey begin........

Well he kept us up last season and in my opinion that took some doing after "your mate" left him with a massive struggle on his hands !!!!!

See this is what i don't get, this whole massive struggle lark, we had 30+ games left when McInnes took over, more than enough time, if anything he did make hard work of it!

Archived