IGNORED

Squad Numbers Announced And...

_Bristol-City_

Domestic squad numbers: just one more thing on the "aspects of modern football that I hate and/or wind me up, however insignificant they might be" list.

Wouldn't it be great to see 1-11 back. If they really had to, they could have the names on them. After all a shirt can't cost more than a fiver to the club, can it?

Remember when Celtic used to have numbers on their shorts and not shirts? When Bristol rugby had letters not numbers? All stopped by "the powers that be" without the support of fans. Oh well - are there any new gimmics to "look forward to" this season?

OTT , really ? Had it not been for those 8 players we may not have a club to support today.

Where as I agree ith you, and they deserve to be remembered.....surely it was a case of tear up your contract nd the club survives, or sit tight, club dies....and your out of a job anyway?

Don't get me wrong, I'm massively grateful.....but talk of retiring shirt numbers is quite frankly, OTT

Where as I agree ith you, and they deserve to be remembered.....surely it was a case of tear up your contract nd the club survives, or sit tight, club dies....and your out of a job anyway?

Don't get me wrong, I'm massively grateful.....but talk of retiring shirt numbers is quite frankly, OTT

Indeed, people do forget that the players did get pretty good compensation pay outs when they left, heroes who will never be forgotten YES, but retiring a shirt number is well OTT

Indeed, people do forget that the players did get pretty good compensation pay outs when they left, heroes who will never be forgotten YES, but retiring a shirt number is well OTT

Fair enough , you both think I'm OTT. I happen to think we should honour those men with more than a plaque on a wall ,which very few people see.

Archived