IGNORED

Alternative Outlet For Thugs And Haters Masquerading As Football Fans

redeye

This is your favourite topic isn't it ?

Football violence isn't that bad anymore, to you actually go to any games ? Its mainly "all mouth,no action" these days.

Football violence isn't that bad? What an odd statement to make. It appears you're condoning violence.

Surely decent human beings wouldn't want any violence at all?

I go to many games and although the thuggery has diminished, there is still an element of threatening menace.

This is your favourite topic isn't it ?

Football violence isn't that bad anymore, to you actually go to any games ? Its mainly "all mouth,no action" these days.

Football violence isn't that bad? What an odd statement to make. It appears you're condoning violence.

Surely decent human beings wouldn't want any violence at all?

I go to many games and although the thuggery has diminished, there is still an element of threatening menace.

Why isn't a football hooligan a fan of the club?

A football hooligan may well call themselves a fan of the club - but to the club and the rest of us decent fans they are not true fans - they are parasites and bullies, using football as a cover-up to conduct and continue their vile disgusting behaviour.

It's no surprise to see that domestic violence increases during football tournaments. This must be eradicated too.

Why don't they cut out the middle-man and beat the living daylights out of each other away from football?

No I don't condone violence at all, but you seem to go over the top and make it sound as if theres riots at every game. There maybe the odd scuffle now again in high profile matches but hardly anything to get your knickers in a

twist over and start your own little campaign.

I don't consider it going over the top wanting to eradicate violence from a game I love. In fact, I would expand this to verbal assault - another appalling trait that is excused because it's football.

As for a campaign - what campaign? I only wish for my sons to enjoy games at AG without listening to the vile pub talk that passes for spectator passion and support.

My sons did enjoy your knickers in a twist comment though....

Once football has cleaned up it's act, the thugs and haters will need an alternative.

Perhaps the following...

A designated venue (unused stadium or arena) where thugs can fight each other behind closed doors, with no intervention or involvement from police or security, who will only be there in a containment capacity.

• The ensuing brawls and fights will be televised in a format similar to x-factor / britain's got talent style shows.

• Only thugs will be harmed.

• Thugs get their 5 minutes of fame / glory.

• A voting system could be introduced to allow fellow thugs involvement.

• The general public who need their next 'reality show' would be catered for.

• Thug casualties and fatalities would diminish and eradicate the thug gene pool.

A Production Company idea too far - or a natural progression from the Olympiad / Roman Gladatorial Games?

You are just a brain washed hypocrite.

You take pleasure in watching boxing matches or WWE, let your kids play violent video games, cheer on the government's illegal wars. So what's the problem with consenting adults finding some desolate trading estate far off the beaten track to have a fight? In a free country, if that's how they get their kicks - then good luck to them! They aren't hurting you.

Once football has cleaned up it's act, the thugs and haters will need an alternative.

Perhaps the following...

A designated venue (unused stadium or arena) where thugs can fight each other behind closed doors, with no intervention or involvement from police or security, who will only be there in a containment capacity.

• The ensuing brawls and fights will be televised in a format similar to x-factor / britain's got talent style shows.

• Only thugs will be harmed.

• Thugs get their 5 minutes of fame / glory.

• A voting system could be introduced to allow fellow thugs involvement.

• The general public who need their next 'reality show' would be catered for.

• Thug casualties and fatalities would diminish and eradicate the thug gene pool.

A Production Company idea too far - or a natural progression from the Olympiad / Roman Gladatorial Games?

I'm in on this as long as Simon Cowell gets to judge the thuggery but the contestants can involve the judges if they want.

You take pleasure in watching boxing matches or WWE, let your kids play violent video games,

cheer on the government's illegal wars. So

what's the problem with consenting adults finding some desolate trading estate far off the beaten track to have a fight? In a free country, if that's

how they get their kicks - then good luck to

them! They aren't hurting you.

For your information - none of the above

What a mindless post - personal accusations at me and my family - with no evidence or substantiation. Moronic.

By all means go ahead with your fights in private - who cares. Only keep it away from football.

For your information - none of the above

What a mindless post - personal accusations at me and my family - with no evidence or substantiation. Moronic.

By all means go ahead with your fights in private - who cares. Only keep it away from football.

So your kids have never watched wrestling or played a violent video game?

I'm in on this as long as Simon Cowell gets to judge the thuggery but the contestants can involve the judges if they want.

Sounds like a winning formula with Cowell's greed and track-record - not to mention his disdain for fellow judges.

The future of Saturday night TV?

So your kids have never watched wrestling or played a violent video game?

Wrestling - never

Video games - yes, but not violent.

They shouldn't have to be subjected to violence or abusive behaviour at a public event.

Whatever people wish to do in private is down to them - so long as it doesn't affect others.

Simple logic really.

Within context - they understand passion at a football game - they are most definitely not wrapped in cotton wool.

However, some fans seem incapable of using language without swearing in every sentence.

Personally to me, it does sound like your children are wrapped in cotton wool.

Maybe that is how they speak normally?

You take pleasure in watching boxing matches or WWE, let your kids play violent video games, cheer on the government's illegal wars. So what's the problem with consenting adults finding some desolate trading estate far off the beaten track to have a fight? In a free country, if that's how they get their kicks - then good luck to them! They aren't hurting you.

I don't necessarily completely subscribe to the OP's views, but these were just a bunch of mindless assumptions which are quite probably wrong. Think before you reply.

I watched some of the Community Shield today - the abusive and aggressive behaviour from players and fans alike was in stark contrast to the respectful behaviour of athletes and spectators during the Olympic coverage.

My question is - why is this aggression and hostility prevelant in football, when other sports suffer only occassional incidents?

Out of posts - good day to you all and thank you for your badinage

Redeye

COYR (Del's taking us to the Prem)

Archived