IGNORED

What If We'd Won?

And Its Smith

Would everyone be saying that we would be in the play offs by the end of the year?

A hell of lot of perspective, calm and realism needs to happen on this forum.

It's pretty pathetic really. I know that if we lose our next two there will be people on here calling for Dels head.

pretty much yea

Nobody is calling for Del's head, all they want is the DESPERATELY needed players to be brought in ASAP as the glaring deficiences of the last few seasons were there again last night.

Think people forget that Amougou & Wood more or less kept us up on their own last season, before they came in we were getting thunped 3-0 every saturday with the defence we have now.

There are literally hundreds of unemployed players around, many good enough for BCFC, we are dragging our heels.

I would have made a better CB last night.

BCAGFC

Would everyone be saying that we would be in the play offs by the end of the year?

A hell of lot of perspective, calm and realism needs to happen on this forum.

It's pretty pathetic really. I know that if we lose our next two there will be people on here calling for Dels head.

Jesus. ...no one is calling for his head. What we are calling for though is a centre half who can dominate the box. 3 years we've needed this type of player.....15 months if you consider the loaning of Caulker!

When will people realise our current centre halves are not good enough as we are? Nyatanga is awful, Carey has 15-20 games in him tops and Fontaine is average at best. The board need to seriously wake us and free up some cash ASAP.... Otherwise before we know it we will be 7 or 8 games in and as per usual, playing catch up

Del has made it clear he is looking to bring in a right sided center half, but finding the right person at the right price takes time. Del and the board are looking for value for money, but this may take us to the end of the month and into the loan window.

Of course this may cost us some points, but I would rather wait for the right person, than a knee jerk signing that costs us a fortune and ends up no better than we have already.

Last night was just a reality check, and I expect better Saturday.

Del has made it clear he is looking to bring in a right sided center half, but finding the right person at the right price takes time. Del and the board are looking for value for money, but this may take us to the end of the month and into the loan window.

Of course this may cost us some points, but I would rather wait for the right person, than a knee jerk signing that costs us a fortune and ends up no better than we have already.

Last night was just a reality check, and I expect better Saturday.

We have been waiting for the past couple of years the board know this.

Del has had plenty of time to look around, the problem is players wont come to a club that are quite happy to play second fiddle to the main runners in the championship.

You either want to compete or just sit back.

If the board does not want another relegation battle they should get off their back sides.

Nobody is calling for Del's head, all they want is the DESPERATELY needed players to be brought in ASAP as the glaring deficiences of the last few seasons were there again last night.

Think people forget that Amougou & Wood more or less kept us up on their own last season, before they came in we were getting thunped 3-0 every saturday with the defence we have now.

There are literally hundreds of unemployed players around, many good enough for BCFC, we are dragging our heels.

I would have made a better CB last night.

BCAGFC

Absolutely agree. We should abandon all attempts at a long-term strategy and just try to sign as many players as we can even if they're not quite who we want and we've not done sufficient homework on them. That strategy worked when we got Damion Stewart and Nicky Hunt and it can work again in the future.

It's far far more important we have some new signings, however mediocre, for the next three games than we get the right people in for the rest of the season.

I reckon he should go, you live by results, not good enough and as Red just said, he's had more than enough time.

Quite right. Plus it's time for Brighton to sack Poyet, Cardiff to sack Malkay, Huddersfield to sack Grayson, Blackpool to sack Holloway and Millwall to sack Jackett. Meanwhile Bruce and Stolbakken should be put on notice at Hull and Wolves too. After all, the league cup is the definitive barometer to league success.

City have been looking for a right sided centre back since at least Christmas and as yet no-one has arrived. The club are looking for value for money. So are every other club

Btw, we didn't win.

3 players arrived on loan last season so that's not strictly true. We've not got one yet this Summer but the transfer window's got two weeks yet. There's absolutely no reason to panic and I'm glad McInnes realises this even if the fans don't.

• Admin

Yawn, defending a situation that never happened.

If we had won we would have had to play better and that in turn would have bred confidence.

We didn't and you would have read on Twitter that many players realised that last night was not good enough.

This reaction is to LAST NIGHTS result

Whoa, i said Del has had long enough time to get the players needed in. But i dont think the board are giving him their full backing.

I think he has more than shown he is capable of doing a good job, only if he has the right tools!!

Yawn, defending a situation that never happened.

If we had won we would have had to play better and that in turn would have bred confidence.

We didn't and you would have read on Twitter that many players realised that last night was not good enough.

This reaction is to LAST NIGHTS result

I don't think you quite get his point. Which is that if we had won last night it certainly wouldn't have meant we were play-off bound just as the fact we lost doesn't mean we're doomed. It means we played badly in one game. Nothing more. Nothing less. Perhaps in a few weeks we'll have played badly in several games and there'll be a point to concede. But the ludicrous melodramatic outpour of doom that follows every defeat is utterly ludicrous. Yes, we weren't good enough last night. The fans know it, the manager knows it and the players know it. But we're not adrift yet.

Absolutely agree. We should abandon all attempts at a long-term strategy and just try to sign as many players as we can even if they're not quite who we want and we've not done sufficient homework on them. That strategy worked when we got Damion Stewart and Nicky Hunt and it can work again in the future.

It's far far more important we have some new signings, however mediocre, for the next three games than we get the right people in for the rest of the season.

Dominating, leader type central defenders dont come cheap, IMO a minimum of 10k per week (although Amougou & McManus are rumoured to be on double that) and as we as a club are not prepared to pay that sort of wage anymore (and rightly so), so we have to lower our sights.

If we start with the hesistating rabbits on saturday, we will get stuffed.

BCAGFC

Archived