IGNORED

We Are A Poor Side

terjon

Would you say this if we had won last night? I don't think so somehow...

I doubt he would have because in order to have won last night we would have had to of played better than a basement club. This would have included creating plenty of chances and defending resolutley, so because this wasn't evident que the negative context of the post.

There is money to spend just going to spend it wisely. We're lucky we're in a position were we can. Our club doesn't make a profit so we shouldn't be buying unless we gamble and do a Portsmouth. Feel free to moan people but just

remember it doesn't help things it makes it worse. If players read this forum morale isn't

going to be great. Who give a shit about the

league cup. Come back in 5-10 games time and

then we will have a true reflection.

Plus there is much worse things to moan about

not bloody football. We're competing in a very

competitive league and we do compete so I'm

happy and who knows we might one season get

promoted as long as we're in this league prem

football is only one season away.

Good post. As long as the transfer market dictates over-inflated prices for average players and agents continue to fuel the fire, we will have to accept that we are limited in our participation regarding the money-go-round.

Rather that than going the way of Portsmouth.

Hopefully Del will build a 'team' worthy and capable of reaching the Premier League.

Until then - I defend everyones entitlement to have a moan.

Then you can have yours now, but no slitting wrists over food vouchers or some shit.

Anyways, its true. Lower your expectations to utter catastrophe for everything, then BINGO, everything is ace even when its shit! and when its good....wow its good. :icecream:

having been through a few I know what to expect

Good to see there's been no over-reaction based on 1 match.

Although it's unlikely considering the squad Forest are putting together, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that come tuesday night we could have 4 or even 6 points (Don't laugh, it could happen).

Then we would have the opposite, talk of play-offs, talk of Del the magician....but in reality, it would mean nothing other than a good start.

So let's try not to get too distraught with another cup defeat, it happens every year and it's happened to plenty of better teams than us.

The real stuff starts Saturday.

I doubt he would have because in order to have won last night we would have had to of played better than a basement club. This would have included creating plenty of chances and defending resolutley, so because this wasn't evident que the negative context of the post.

One game in and it's all doom and gloom. People on here during pre season were creaming in their pants and now one defeat, relegation is on the cards. It's just laughable

One game in and it's all doom and gloom. People on here during pre season were creaming in their pants and now one defeat, relegation is on the cards. It's just laughable

It's not just one game though is it? This has been happening now for the past 2 season at least, with basically the same squad of players, with a few new average players brought in.Thats the reason there is so much doom and gloom around.

As I have said on another thread, the trend at this club, with our present manager and previous ones, is to try and bring in either ex Premier League players who have lost there sale by date and want stupid wages, or we bring in players who cannot seem to get into a championship side. So if they cant get in there respective championship clubs, how the hell are they going to improve our side.

DM should be looking in the lower divisions for real talent, I cant believe for one minute that there are not better players in the lower leagues than the crap we have in our squad at present.

This is the first time in at least 15 years where I have not renewed my season ticket and unless it improves and by that I mean watching attractive football, then I will not be going to the ground.....Sorry rant over.

It's not just one game though is it? This has been happening now for the past 2 season at least, with basically the same squad of players, with a few new average players brought in.Thats the reason there is so much doom and gloom around.

As I have said on another thread, the trend at this club, with our present manager and previous ones, is to try and bring in either ex Premier League players who have lost there sale by date and want stupid wages, or we bring in players who cannot seem to get into a championship side. So if they cant get in there respective championship clubs, how the hell are they going to improve our side.

DM should be looking in the lower divisions for real talent, I cant believe for one minute that there are not better players in the lower leagues than the crap we have in our squad at present.

This is the first time in at least 15 years where I have not renewed my season ticket and unless it improves and by that I mean watching attractive football, then I will not be going to the ground.....Sorry rant over.

2 defeats in the last 15 games

2 defeats in the last 10 comPetative games

We have been papering over the cracks for quite a few season's now. It's all well and good bringing in a few new players. The problem is that the vast majority of our squad are either not good enough or have lost alot of their fight. In the end the only reason we stayed up the past few years is because we have got to go out and loan players into the club at alot higher wages to bail us out and some of them have got injured while here and has hardly played, which has cost us even more money!

Thats why there is never much interest in other Premier League / championship clubs wanting to buy the majority of our squad.

As I have said before, if Mr Landdown is not prepared to put in some serious money into our club, then we need a good scouting system within the club to go out and find some hungry players in the lower league's.

Personally, for the future of the club, I would prefer the 2nd option!!

no money to spend, poor team, poor support, only deluded pink rose tinted die hard fans.

nothing changes, will simply don't have the money to splash, gerkin, skuse, fontaine, nytanga, carey, elliot, all hear when Johnson was here, we have added cheap alternatives, the only thing thats changed is the bloke shuffling the pack, Johnson, Copout, Millen and now Del, we don't pay the rates required to be successful and we cannot attract quality.

All summer we have played poor opposition to try to build confidence in a poor side.

Makes me laugh some of the comments on here.

Saturdays prediction Forest 4 - 0 City

I would love City to do well,

sorry but its not rocket science guys the board won't / Can't spend the money required. SIMMMMPLES.

No shit sherlock! sheesh!

Did you miss all of last season??

Nope, had a season ticket last season and enjoyed the ride. Some people need to realise something, we are Bristol City, we are NOT a big club. Yes we have potential but apart from the mid seventies we haven't won anything worth of shouting about. People need to lower their expectations a bit and enjoy the ride.

If you don't like it then go to Old Trafford.

Every day we come here waiting for news of a new player,

WHY Bother?

We hope by some miracle that Lansdown as finally got the cheque book and splashed the dosh to buy us 4-5 better quality players that we have needed for the past 3 years at least.

Sadly we don't have a chairman prepared to pay up,

So we all have to sit here and wait for all our summer targets to chose us if they don't get better offers elsewhere.

Will end up with 2 loanees of younger guys who arn't up to this level yet like last season and another player who can't get in is current side probably from the championship or scotland.

All we can hope for is that Del to work miracles to get this bunch inspired and play above their ability,

COYR

C'mon Lads. It's one game. We lost one game in pre season played well the rest. Everyone was bragging how great we played against the gas. Now del boy should be shot because we lost one game. Cardiff lost who have spent a fortune this season. Brighton who spent a bit aswel specially on wages if they have Wayne bridge. It might be just a blip. I would rather we got it out of our systems and got into league business with a good run. Stop whining and cheer our boys on and back our manager hes doing the best he can with a limited budget. We have a great young manger with potential so let's get behind him And the team come Saturday.Trouble is Cardiff Played most of their kids

not desperate mate, i love my football and want to buy a season ticket and watch my team do well, not going to happen, so have to sit home and watch sky sports every saturday. no way would i pay 1000 for me and my mrs to watch this crap, we wont spend money so why should I,

I dont want to, but i agree completely with you. Sadly some on here will absolutely slate you - even go as far as call you gas!

WHY Bother?

We hope by some miracle that Lansdown as finally got the cheque book and splashed the dosh to buy us 4-5 better quality players that we have needed for the past 3 years at least.

So we all have to sit here and wait for all our summer targets to chose us if they don't get better offers elsewhere.

Will end up with 2 loanees of younger guys who arn't up to this level yet like last season and another player who can't get in is current side probably from the championship or scotland.

All we can hope for is that Del to work miracles to get this bunch inspired and play above their ability,

COYR

No we have a chairman prepared to underwrite our rising debts, held back by a useless council and self serving lying nimbys, of course if you are like a majority of Cardiff fans willing to sell our history, culture and soul to another dubious foreign owner like Bert Tann from Vietnam i'm sure there is another one out there just waiting to change us to blue and white quarters because it's lucky in his particular back water.

WHY Bother?

COYR

in the last 4 years we have lost over £30 million pound yet the clubs bank balance remains in the black

Where the **** do you think that money comes from? the magic money tree at Ashston gate?

No it comes from lansdown,

Stop being so ungreatfull there is nothing stopping you buying the club and putting in countless millions of your own money to support the whinging ungreatful fanbase

I have the opinion that in general, loan signings are only a short term fix and tend to only paper over the cracks.

If you want to build and get better stability then you need to sign players who will form part of your long term strategy.

Therefore we are in a worse position overall then when DMC took over (& I'm not being critical of DMC)

We are still in need of a strong spine to the team;

Commanding centre back.

Creative attacking midfield player.

Quality forward with pace.

We have signed a pacey winger, good left back, good goal keeper and a midget.

No doubt we will get some loan signings and have the same season as last.

Until we get that stability how can we move forward?!?!

I have the opinion that in general, loan signings are only a short term fix and tend to only paper over the cracks.

If you want to build and get better stability then you need to sign players who will form part of your long term strategy.

Therefore we are in a worse position overall then when DMC took over (& I'm not being critical of DMC)

We are still in need of a strong spine to the team;

Commanding centre back.

Creative attacking midfield player.

Quality forward with pace.

We have signed a pacey winger, good left back, good goal keeper and a midget.

No doubt we will get some loan signings and have the same season as last.

Until we get that stability how can we move forward?!?!

and I think you are wrong, most of the sides promoted from the championship into the prem recently have all had long term loan players from prem clubs, many of whom they have either signed or attempted to sign and proves that the system can work. The problem really is that in our position most prem clubs would rather loan the better youngsters to clubs with more chance of being in the promotion mix and we end up with the Mcgiverns of the prem world.

What makes me smile on this forum is that posters are constantly telling us that we need to sign quality and in their next post tell us that Woolford, Killkenny and even Stewart could 'still' do a job for us the 3 of them have been poor to average in their time with us and IMO will not suddenly improve sufficiently to be consistent performers 'for us', we need to replace them.

I do agree we do need a centre back, attacking midfielder and a striker, I also suspect DMC, SL and even the tea lady realise that, unfortunately the ill thought out transfer 'windows' in general make signing players before deadline day almost impossible unless of course you are prepared to pay really silly money, look at all of the big deals so far and see how much over the odds the buying team has paid.

So i'm sure the players required will eventually sign but almost certainly closer to deadline day (unfortunately). By buying only the players you want and not buying the players that are cheap or available you minimise the chances of signing the next Woolford, Killkenny or even the next Stewart.

and I think you are wrong, most of the sides promoted from the championship into the prem recently have all had long term loan players from prem clubs, many of whom they have either signed or attempted to sign and proves that the system can work. The problem really is that in our position most prem clubs would rather loan the better youngsters to clubs with more chance of being in the promotion mix and we end up with the Mcgiverns of the prem world.

What makes me smile on this forum is that posters are constantly telling us that we need to sign quality and in their next post tell us that Woolford, Killkenny and even Stewart could 'still' do a job for us the 3 of them have been poor to average in their time with us and IMO will not suddenly improve sufficiently to be consistent performers 'for us', we need to replace them.

I do agree we do need a centre back, attacking midfielder and a striker, I also suspect DMC, SL and even the tea lady realise that, unfortunately the ill thought out transfer 'windows' in general make signing players before deadline day almost impossible unless of course you are prepared to pay really silly money, look at all of the big deals so far and see how much over the odds the buying team has paid.

So i'm sure the players required will eventually sign but almost certainly closer to deadline day (unfortunately). By buying only the players you want and not buying the players that are cheap or available you minimise the chances of signing the next Woolford, Killkenny or even the next Stewart.

I think we need a strong spine the clubs you mentioned had a strongle settled spine then the rest was willed with loan players thats what got them promotion,

We are almost there in that respect but we still need to off load some more of millens and coppouts mistakes for us to truely move forward as a club,

in the last 4 years we have lost over £30 million pound yet the clubs bank balance remains in the black

Where the **** do you think that money comes from? the magic money tree at Ashston gate?

Stop being so ungreatfull there is nothing stopping you buying the club and putting in countless millions of your own money to support the whinging ungreatful fanbase

Monkeh, I wouldn't bother wasting your time replying to this fool anymore. He clearly has no idea how this club is being supported by Steve Lansdown or the predicament we'd be in by now if it weren't for this support.

Yes lets all be greatful to Mr Lansdown who kindly puts in a few million every year which probably equates to a weeks bloody interest on his dosh or even (the tax he dosn't pay the government, by living abroad) this man has got a £600million fortune, If he wants to be a hero why not chuck £25 million in the kitty and give us a team to cheer on, I would if I had that kind of money after all I am Bristol Man who would like to see prem football here, We then might see crowds of 25,000 down the gate or at the new ground. Without a quality team on the park we have nothing. I am not ungrateful to Lansdown fairplay to him being a chairman of a football club i wish i had millions in the bank i would do the same, but hey if I had his wealth City would have a very good side at this level no 2 ways about it mate.

No we have a chairman prepared to underwrite our rising debts, held back by a useless council and self serving lying nimbys, of course if you are like a majority of Cardiff fans willing to sell our history, culture and soul to another dubious foreign owner like Bert Tann from Vietnam i'm sure there is another one out there just waiting to change us to blue and white quarters because it's lucky in his particular back water.

I would like a chairman who really likes footbal and could afford to chuck £25 million in the kitty for players, oh yeah lansdown only has £600 million sat in the bank silly me. better team bigger crowds more revenue generated, get the jist mate.

I dont think we are a poor team. We have good set of players i think but what Del Boy needs to sort out or stamp out if you will is this attitude from the players that games against the smaller clubs of the division dont really matter or we only need to turn up to win. When we play the bigger clubs of the Championship like West Ham, Leicester, Birmingham we seem to give 110% and either take points off them or beat them but games against Peterborough and Palace we didnt seem interested.. It will no doubt be the same when we play the likes of Bolton, Wolves and Blackburn but the inconsistency is the killer. I think we'll improve our league position from last season even if its 16th or 17th and hopefully build from there next season.

Yes lets all be greatful to Mr Lansdown who kindly puts in a few million every year which probably equates to a weeks bloody interest on his dosh or even (the tax he dosn't pay the government, by living abroad) this man has got a £600million fortune, If he wants to be a hero why not chuck £25 million in the kitty and give us a team to cheer on, I would if I had that kind of money after all I am Bristol Man who would like to see prem football here, We then might see crowds of 25,000 down the gate or at the new ground. Without a quality team on the park we have nothing. I am not ungrateful to Lansdown fairplay to him being a chairman of a football club i wish i had millions in the bank i would do the same, but hey if I had his wealth City would have a very good side at this level no 2 ways about it mate.

As much as lansdown has made mistakes, and his choices have ensured he is owed 30 million from city.

600 million is on paper money, tied up in business, investments etc etc, I doubt he has 25 million sewn into his curtains.

I believe he has been a little silly with his money, or a bit trusting maybe, I belive, his slightly dodgy choices have got us in this position, so he has chosen a tread water, lower costs strategy until he knows what will happen with the stadium.

I have no proof, but it is a gut instinct.

Lansdown I applaud for his investment, but some of his decisions are questionable, even if he does have the best interests of the in mind.

Archived