IGNORED

Eng V Italy Match Thread

_Bristol-City_

Someone has been playing too much Football Manager again :D.

Rodwell isnt' crap imo but he's not in the same league as Cleverley and Wilshere.

correct. I dont see him playing much footy at Man City next season, but i'm hoping he can learn a lot from Yaya Toure, who is just an all round immense midfielder.

correct. I dont see him playing much footy at Man City next season, but i'm hoping he can learn a lot from Yaya Toure, who is just an all round immense midfielder.

Isn't De Jong on his way? Maybe pathing the way for Rodwell to stake a claim... Which can only be a positive for England.

Isn't De Jong on his way? Maybe pathing the way for Rodwell to stake a claim... Which can only be a positive for England.

from what i heard, De Jong is on his way at the end of the season, Barry is just crap and old and Toure will be off to Africa Cup of nations again in January.

He will play, just not too often. Season after next, I think he'll be starting pretty much week in week out.

I have the England game playing in the background whilst I am working: from the snippets I have watched, it looks like a reasonably positive performance (and regular readers of this forum may recall my current views on England). I must admit I saw the move for the 2nd goal, and was muttering about why the ball didn't get played right in the break, and how Defoe had just lost momentum by checking back inside. Shows what I know. That said, all positives have been tempered by the fact that Milner has reappeared.

• Admin

I have the England game playing in the background whilst I am working: from the snippets I have watched, it looks like a reasonably positive performance (and regular readers of this forum may recall my current views on England). I must admit I saw the move for the 2nd goal, and was muttering about why the ball didn't get played right in the break, and how Defoe had just lost momentum by checking back inside. Shows what I know. That said, all positives have been tempered by the fact that Milner has reappeared.

You may have missed an absolute peach of a cross he put in that so nearly resulted in an own goal...and I dislike Milner as much as the next man!

I hate James Milner, but in fairness to the lad, he has been sensational since he came on

You may have missed an absolute peach of a cross he put in that so nearly resulted in an own goal...and I dislike Milner as much as the next man!

You can argue anything with facts. I prefer to rely on ill-informed gut reactions and baseless dislikes.

Butland is going to be our Pepe Reina.

Fantastic keeper but never gets a cap due to Joe Hart being one of the worlds best.

If Butland is ever as good as Pepe Reina, I will personally eat all 23 hats I have. Watched the GB match which they lost, his attempted "save" for their goal was embarrassing. If a ball could go through hands...

You can argue anything with facts. I prefer to rely on ill-informed gut reactions and baseless dislikes.

Ha ha

In your defence, you did say you had the game on in the background.

Normally, I would be making a case for Milner to be repatriated to Wales...

I don't particularly want to get lynched here, but... What's wrong with James Milner?

Very limited footballer who, in my opinion, has no place wearing an England shirt, other than one he bought from JJB. His ineptitude on the wing in the Euros should have cast him aside forever from the international game. Personally, I have taken an active dislike to him since South Africa 2010 when, in the Germany game, he was shown up to have the pace of a geriatric when chased down and passed for one of the goals (think it was the 4th.) Edit: wasn't the 4th, think he was already off by then.

On another tack, I was glad that Carrick got a game, and hope that now he gets a regular start in the centre.

Very limited footballer who, in my opinion, has no place wearing an England shirt, other than one he bought from JJB. His ineptitude on the wing in the Euros should have cast him aside forever from the international game. Personally, I have taken an active dislike to him since South Africa 2010 when, in the Germany game, he was shown up to have the pace of a geriatric when chased down and passed for one of the goals (think it was the 4th.)

How James Milner has 30 plus caps for England I will never know, watching him and Gareth Barry play for England just sends me over the edge!

Very limited footballer who, in my opinion, has no place wearing an England shirt, other than one he bought from JJB. His ineptitude on the wing in the Euros should have cast him aside forever from the international game. Personally, I have taken an active dislike to him since South Africa 2010 when, in the Germany game, he was shown up to have the pace of a geriatric when chased down and passed for one of the goals (think it was the 4th.)

On another tack, I was glad that Carrick got a game, and hope that now he gets a regular start in the centre.

Funny. In a completely amicable way, I disagree with everything you've put. I thought he was great in 2010, basically got us out of the group with Defoe. In 2012, I would accept people making a point of his lack of pace if we had another winger who did everything he does as well as him as consistently as him, and was also quicker. Yes, Walcott came on and did well against Sweden, but let's not pretend we haven't been left disappointed by Walcott on many previous occasions. Milner is not conventional as a winger, but I thought he delivered better crosses than anyone at the Euros, and was certainly better than Ashley Young all the way through the tournament.

On the other hand, I don't see anything in Carrick that makes me want to see him playing for England consistently. Parker, Gerrard, Lampard, Barry and even a couple of players like Cleverly and Rodwell fill me with more hope.

But then, that's just my opinion. :)

Funny. In a completely amicable way, I disagree with everything you've put. I thought he was great in 2010, basically got us out of the group with Defoe. In 2012, I would accept people making a point of his lack of pace if we had another winger who did everything he does as well as him as consistently as him, and was also quicker. Yes, Walcott came on and did well against Sweden, but let's not pretend we haven't been left disappointed by Walcott on many previous occasions. Milner is not conventional as a winger, but I thought he delivered better crosses than anyone at the Euros, and was certainly better than Ashley Young all the way through the tournament.

On the other hand, I don't see anything in Carrick that makes me want to see him playing for England consistently. Parker, Gerrard, Lampard, Barry and even a couple of players like Cleverly and Rodwell fill me with more hope.

But then, that's just my opinion. :)

All fair comments: everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Very limited footballer who, in my opinion, has no place wearing an England shirt, other than one he bought from JJB. His ineptitude on the wing in the Euros should have cast him aside forever from the international game. Personally, I have taken an active dislike to him since South Africa 2010 when, in the Germany game, he was shown up to have the pace of a geriatric when chased down and passed for one of the goals (think it was the 4th.) Edit: wasn't the 4th, think he was already off by then.

Finally! Someone who shares my exact views on Milner! You sir, are a hero!

Very good result tonight and good performance. Happy with it.

Why this squad wasnt a squad hodgson called up to the Euro's who knows.

Generally what happens though. When it comes to tournaments managers bottle it and call up the tried and failed players. No doubt in Brazil we can look forward to JT, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney etc.

• Admin

Very good result tonight and good performance. Happy with it.

Why this squad wasnt a squad hodgson called up to the Euro's who knows.

Generally what happens though. When it comes to tournaments managers bottle it and call up the tried and failed players. No doubt in Brazil we can look forward to JT, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney etc.

3 or 4 of the starting lineup were injured weren't they?

Archived