IGNORED

St Holders Benefits Package - Goalposts Been Moved?

B-Rizzle

Today I received my food vouchers for the first half of the season by email. I opened up the attachment to find it wasn't exactly what i was expecting. Maybe i was being a bit naive but i had hoped to find a voucher for a free burger or a free hot dog. It may have been wishful thinking but this was the impression i got when the benefits package was first announced months ago. Instead, i found 'clever' vouchers where you only benefit if you purchase an overpriced food item first. I.e. buy a burger and get a free chips.

Reality for me = no benefit there at all as can't afford to pay £5 for a burger even if i do get a free chips - whoopy-de-doo!!

Also, I seem to remember that the 'bring a friend' perk is only now available for a selection of games. I could have sworn that in the initial advertising of the benefit package it stated that you could bring a friend to 'any' home game.

I can't help but feeling the club are shifting the goalposts a bit with these benefits, Or am i just being naive about the reality of the benefits they were actually offering?

I know the club is a business but i do feel like i'm being screwed over a bit and that they are very cleverley making each of the benefits less beneficial to us and more beneficial to them.

Thoughts?

yea i thought the same . especially with the bring a friend game, i had my mate all up for going to the cardiff game then the letter came through. Pretty sure it wasnt advertised as a selection of games initially.

Agree about the food vouchers as well, i dont buy food at every game anyway so its not going to benefit me at all- its all a bit of a joke really i might as well have waited until later to buy my season ticket and not struggled with money in april!

What did you expect, something that is actually free with no conditions? This is a football club that makes a serious loss every year so nothing is 'free'. Its purely a sales pitch to make it look as if we are getting a super duper deal.

I never buy food inside AG because is over priced and revolting. A Clarks pastie or pie from the van opposite the corner shop is excellent value at just 1.50p and always warm and delicious.

I'd rather the club put up ST prices by a pound a game rather than come out with this kind of transparent sales pitch.

What did you expect, something that is actually free with no conditions?

Wasn't the condition renewing early? I thought (though I may be wrong) these were 'incentive' benefits.

I think we all need to take a bit more of a level headed approach towards this. Whilst I will agree, yes, the way the club marketed the benefits of buying the season ticket early were slightly misleading, there is nothing to get too annoyed about.

Firstly, were people really expecting to get free food? You don't go to Tescos with a "£30 worth of free food" voucher and pick up £30 worth of food off the shelf and walk out. In the small print, it always says "when you spend £60 or more", or something to that effect, much like what the club has done. Whilst the price of a burger is overpriced, getting a free side of chips with it is not actually that bad.

Secondly, and this links in well with other threads on our financial situation, if the club were to give each ST holder a free pie and drink, say, at a cost price of £3, that's nearly £30,000 worth of food they are giving away for free. That £30,000 could go a significant way to paying for someones wages for a while or, unearthing another Yannick Bolasie style buy.

We really can't have it all our own way, and as Monkeh said in the other thread, I think we should be grateful for receiving these benefits at all. Whilst not everyone will agree with me, indeed, I'd like a free pie and drink (who wouldn't?!) we have to look at it from a business perspective too. After all, the club do need to make some money in order to bring in new players.

Finally, as for buying before 2.30, again very cheeky, but from a business point of view, very clever. More people in the ground earlier equals more people spending more money on City food and drinks!

P.S, I still have not got my vouchers!!

I think people feel how they do because its city that's done it, we get ****** over by most other companys jargon. People just didn't expect City to use a cheap shitty tactic against its own fans

Totally agree - BCFC is for most supporters not just another company that we are paying for a service, instead it's something that people are incredibly passionate about. I think that's why it hurts when the club pulls shitty marketing stunts on us. Don't think i'll be believing anything the brand as an 'incentive' ever again.

Absolutely disgraceful how they've mislead us. Should have been clear from day 1 that food vouchers would only involve bogoff deals and that bring a friend would only be available for 1 or 2 games.

Part of me thinks the club has offered these incentives in desperation to get season ticket sales and now the reality and practicalities of the whole thing is making them shit themselves. Worrying about how much money they'll lose from people getting free burgers or how everyone will use being a friend for the big games and so now they shift the goalposts.

Either the club is taking us all for a bunch of mugs or they are failing to think about and plan out initiatives before they advertise them to supporters.

PISSED OFF!

We really can't have it all our own way, and as Monkeh said in the other thread, I think we should be grateful for receiving these benefits at all. Whilst not everyone will agree with me, indeed, I'd like a free pie and drink (who wouldn't?!) we have to look at it from a business perspective too. After all, the club do need to make some money in order to bring in new players.

Finally, as for buying before 2.30, again very cheeky, but from a business point of view, very clever. More people in the ground earlier equals more people spending more money on City food and drinks!

I understand it's a business, i'm happy to accept that but not when it is advertised as something else to begin with. Had the club been specific about the deals in the first place i would have not been in as much of a rush to renew. However they deliberately kept the details quiet and that is what isn't on.

I understand it's a business, i'm happy to accept that but not when it is advertised as something else to begin with. Had the club been specific about the deals in the first place i would have not been in as much of a rush to renew. However they deliberately kept the details quiet and that is what isn't on.

I do agree and completely understand, I was the same rushing to buy thinking "oooo, lots of free food for me", but looking back on it I guess the way they marketed it was very open to interpretation and that's what they were hoping people would interpret it like, rightly or wrongly, misleading or not!

PPS Anyone know who writes this stuff btw? Is it one of the board members or another employee?

So which of you only bought or renewed their ST because of the incentives offered?

Ok ..not the point you may say .........but at same time it is the exact point......

As a good man once said ....."Dont ask what your club can do for you but what you can do for your club"

I doubt ANY ST holder signed up for one portion of "free" food

I think we all need to take a bit more of a level headed approach towards this. Whilst I will agree, yes, the way the club marketed the benefits of buying the season ticket early were slightly misleading, there is nothing to get too annoyed about.

Firstly, were people really expecting to get free food? You don't go to Tescos with a "£30 worth of free food" voucher and pick up £30 worth of food off the shelf and walk out. In the small print, it always says "when you spend £60 or more", or something to that effect, much like what the club has done. Whilst the price of a burger is overpriced, getting a free side of chips with it is not actually that bad.

Secondly, and this links in well with other threads on our financial situation, if the club were to give each ST holder a free pie and drink, say, at a cost price of £3, that's nearly £30,000 worth of food they are giving away for free. That £30,000 could go a significant way to paying for someones wages for a while or, unearthing another Yannick Bolasie style buy.

You can actually do that.

Agree completely.

I do agree and completely understand, I was the same rushing to buy thinking "oooo, lots of free food for me", but looking back on it I guess the way they marketed it was very open to interpretation and that's what they were hoping people would interpret it like, rightly or wrongly, misleading or not!

PPS Anyone know who writes this stuff btw? Is it one of the board members or another employee?

So which of you only bought or renewed their ST because of the incentives offered?

Ok ..not the point you may say .........but at same time it is the exact point......

As a good man once said ....."Dont ask what your club can do for you but what you can do for your club"

I doubt ANY ST holder signed up for one portion of "free" food

Totally agree with both.

yes the club massively left it up to interpretation and as i said in my original post, maybe i was a bit naive about what the incentives would actually mean for us.

And no i didn't sign up for the free food, neither do i regret renewing. I'm just irritated and the cloak and dagger nature of the whole initiative. I'd like to think the club would be a bit more upfront and honest from day 1 about the whole thing. And i think that isn't too much to ask from any supporter who loyal supports the club.

Its a greed driven business they are quick enough to draw on club loyalty when it suits their purpose then screw you when it comes to a little something in return 1 poxy over-priced horse burgher is hardly going break the bank and a free bag of chips to go with it is not much to ask for,the team shirts if you buy them ! are also vastly overpriced for which in the away shirt version is nothing more than a t-shirt with add on's.....Really feel let down since S.L stood down his P.R skills kept people involved even when it was not always good news to be told,,, Colin Sexton had his own way of doing things but he did stick up for moving things along and giving some notice of what was going on within the club...This latest offer/non event in season ticket sales promotion is going to piss a few more fan's right off....

I didn't re-new my season ticket to get a free bag of chips, but I agree it is a little misleading and disappointing

I would agree with this, I can't imagine anybody was sat there not sure about whether to commit to a season ticket, but then jumped on board once they saw they might get some free food out of it. At the same time it is disappointing they would look to mislead loyal fans in such a way. Personally I always thought there would be a catch so I can't say I'm particularly surprised or upset about the whole episode.

Anyway the offers are completely pointless to me as I don't get in the ground early enough to use them!

I would agree with this, I can't imagine anybody was sat there not sure about whether to commit to a season ticket, but then jumped on board once they saw they might get some free food out of it. At the same time it is disappointing they would look to mislead loyal fans in such a way. Personally I always thought there would be a catch so I can't say I'm particularly surprised or upset about the whole episode.

Anyway the offers are completely pointless to me as I don't get in the ground early enough to use them!

Ditto here. In addition I generally don't buy anything in the ground bar a coffee at HT and I don't buy replica shirts.

One thing I can't remember is what was the renewal cost for the seat compared to last time. Anyone remember what price the adult lower Dolman was this season compared to last?

Ditto here. In addition I generally don't buy anything in the ground bar a coffee at HT and I don't buy replica shirts.

One thing I can't remember is what was the renewal cost for the seat compared to last time. Anyone remember what price the adult lower Dolman was this season compared to last?

Dont know about the lower Dolman , but my seat in Block B cost me £429 last year as I missed the early bird offer. This year was only £399 so I'm a happy bunny !! I dont buy replica shirts or food either so none of those offers appealed to me in the first place.

I would have renewed regardless of what was on offer , and to be honest , after all the fuss caused by this seasons 'offers' , I hope the club scrap the lot next year.

I often go to Tesco with a £5 for free food voucher. For sure, I've already spent £100s pounds to get it but that's no different here.

As for "more people in the ground equals more people spending more money on City food and drinks" argument, surely City don't get any money from more food sold, do they? I've always assumed it's a franchise and Lindleys keep the revenue which is why City never really do anything about the (awful) quality of the food...

I often go to Tesco with a £5 for free food voucher. For sure, I've already spent £100s pounds to get it but that's no different here.

As for "more people in the ground equals more people spending more money on City food and drinks" argument, surely City don't get any money from more food sold, do they? I've always assumed it's a franchise and Lindleys keep the revenue which is why City never really do anything about the (awful) quality of the food...

they pay the club in order to trade in the kiosks and I'm sure a small percent say 3% for arguements sake will go to the club and the rest to the retailers

Agree....except for the 2.30 bit. That's a very significant condition, and one that wasn't made clear when the offer was made. Naughty.

Archived