IGNORED

Yannicks Brother Really Aint Doing Himself Any Favours!

W-s-m Red Army

Tweets.............

glenn yala@gyb_yala

people think its always about money money stupid bellens they can only see things from there point a view total arse

glenn yala@gyb_yalapeace guys unfollow me wen ur ready all the best for saturday opening game il be coming to watch sittin amongst the bristol city supporters!

glenn yala@gyb_yala

thats what u get with fans they think they know every thing fair enough anyways didnt think it would be this bad but ay real recognize real

glenn yala@gyb_yalano player is bigger than club any1 that watches or plays football would know that #commonsenseinit there for that comment is abit leave it

glenn yala@gyb_yalaso now people say yannick thinks hes bigger than the club :laugh: u fans are fake still iam dne with lot :laugh: keep the abuse cumin in i love it

glenn yala@gyb_yala

not for me to comment but all these fans il be coming bk to u wen hes doing really well y'all have a gd day

glenn yala@gyb_yala

every1 acting like hes gone hhave i missed something had my brother signed for a team they #bristolcity fans are acting llke hes already gne

glenn yala@gyb_yala@JackCox83 so he dont work hard now! after hes played 30 games with at least 20 starts then u might have a case otherwise #leaveityeah

glenn yala@gyb_yala@MattTaylorBCFC zzz ur boring me bloccccccck pendz for u

glenn yala@gyb_yala

whos dis donut @MattTaylorBCFC dont tweet me ever again u fool

glenn yala@gyb_yalall these comments actually are making me laugh #bristolcitytwitterfamily looking out 4 family is a crime now our days i think lool @R_Yala

glenn yala@gyb_yala

explain this #bristolcitytwitterfamily 5 starts 20 sub apps to many stop and starts #shakingmyhead

Ruddock Yala@R_Yala

:o yannick bolasie hands in transfer request !! Sky sports news ! @YannickBolasie *suprised face* @Muzza_19 @Its_Strigo @NikoNjc

He doesn't understand the use of hashtags, but after someone glassed Maynard's mum in the face at Coventry - leaving her with 16 stitches - we don't make a good name for ourselves amongst our treatment of players famalams.

What are you on about? Everyone knows it was his little brother that was molested at Coventry.

Sick innit blud......

Seeing as his last # is #bristolfans he has wound me up now.

Also, he put "if you got Offered a promotion you would take it"

I read that as he has Already been offered something, if that's the case I would rather he left now. Just for the fact that I do not think any player should be here if they don't want to be.

Sick innit blud......

Seeing as his last # is #bristolfans he has wound me up now.

Also, he put "if you got Offered a promotion you would take it"

I read that as he has Already been offered something, if that's the case I would rather he left now. Just for the fact that I do not think any player should be here if they don't want to be.

If he has been offered something without the club's knowledge (which the earlier statement suggests) then that's tapping up and illegal so the club should report this to the fa

Just a few more........

glenn yala@gyb_yala

bed time i reckon these city supporters are kool the ones throwin abuse are the ones that shout boo when the team aint doing well #dropemout

glenn yala@gyb_yala

at the end of the day iam me init iam not my brother didnt ask any1 to follow me u chat shit il chat shit so uno how it feels

glenn yala@gyb_yala

great support at bristol city me thoughts im happy ive never been to the ground bunch of wrongens inbred idoits<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Now your taking the piss!!! Really cant see how he is doing his brother any favours here!!!

glenn yala@gyb_yala

if you was working in any job environment and u got offered a job promotion would you take it or leave it ???? #bristolfan

glenn yala@gyb_yala

am gonna be on the main stand on Saturday if anyone got and question that their are unsure of come and talk to me cheer COME ON BRISTOL

This is all a bullshit ploy by the Bolasie's.

If Yannick doesn't ask, in writing, for a transfer then the club are liable for the rest of his contract. All this twitter stuff is purely to force a wedge between player and club / supporters meaning the club will flog him without the official request meaning ££££ for the Bolasie family and agent.

Put it in writing and **** off if you want to leave Yannick and cut the bull crap.

This is really pathetic.

Everyone's going on like Bolasie is to us what Van Persie is to Arsenal. Apart from the goal against Coventry I would say he has been largely disappointing and you'd have to look hard for any sort of potential or form. The fact that he got young player of the season was a bit of joke and wouldn't have happened if he didn't score the goal against Coventry. He's 23 and still playing like a headless chicken.

Yannick should stay and apply himself and it could work out but unfortunately a London club may have come calling and he'd probably like to get back to his family. Also if he sees that Albert's staying he's probably thinking he's gonna be sitting on the bench.

To be honest, he's far from being a major loss to the side.

So lets try and get a few things cleared up here... according to the agent Bolasie went to see DM and asked to be put on the transfer list. The agent then took that story to Sky Sports who then ran the story. BCFC then made a statement categorically denying they had received a request from the player. Sky Sports then altered their story and/or pulled it. That appears to be all we have been told either by Sky or BCFC. We have to assume, for the sake of the most basic of professionalism, that Sky did receive information from Bolasie's agent sufficient for their editor to run it.

The one common denominator here appears to be the agent. So, my questions are these; why would the agent go to sky? To alert other clubs? Hardly because an agent has contacts at many clubs and would simply pick up the phone. The only reason he would go to the press or the media is to force the hand of Bolasie's current employer probably because he/Bolasie feel that BCFC have not been listening.

That is the logical explanation of why an agent would seek publicity. However, I do not believe for one moment that City would not listen to any concerns a player or his agent, on his behalf, might have. And why would there be a blitz of these undermining tweets all in the space of a day? As a result we have a player who's apparent brother (do we know it is his brother and not a hoax?) has debased the rumour to his own detriment and that of the player. In return some pretty dumb 'fans' have slated the player for apparently wanting away. To me the entire episode has been a complete and damaging farce initiated by an agent hell bent on causing maximum embarrassment on a club just 2 days before the start of a new season. No matter what has gone on behind closed doors that is the height of unprofessionalism. Bit like that abhorrent transport union threatening a strike the day before the main athletes were due in the days before the Olympics.

The other possibility is that instead of being unprofessional the agent is lacking in intelligence. Either way he sinks the profession to a new low, if that were possible.

So lets try and get a few things cleared up here... according to the agent Bolasie went to see DM and asked to be put on the transfer list. The agent then took that story to Sky Sports who then ran the story. BCFC then made a statement categorically denying they had received a request from the player. Sky Sports then altered their story and/or pulled it. That appears to be all we have been told either by Sky or BCFC. We have to assume, for the sake of the most basic of professionalism, that Sky did receive information from Bolasie's agent sufficient for their editor to run it.

The one common denominator here appears to be the agent. So, my questions are these; why would the agent go to sky? To alert other clubs? Hardly because an agent has contacts at many clubs and would simply pick up the phone. The only reason he would go to the press or the media is to force the hand of Bolasie's current employer probably because he/Bolasie feel that BCFC have not been listening.

That is the logical explanation of why an agent would seek publicity. However, I do not believe for one moment that City would not listen to any concerns a player or his agent, on his behalf, might have. And why would there be a blitz of these undermining tweets all in the space of a day? As a result we have a player who's apparent brother (do we know it is his brother and not a hoax?) has debased the rumour to his own detriment and that of the player. In return some pretty dumb 'fans' have slated the player for apparently wanting away. To me the entire episode has been a complete and damaging farce initiated by an agent hell bent on causing maximum embarrassment on a club just 2 days before the start of a new season. No matter what has gone on behind closed doors that is the height of unprofessionalism. Bit like that abhorrent transport union threatening a strike the day before the main athletes were due in the days before the Olympics.

The other possibility is that instead of being unprofessional the agent is lacking in intelligence. Either way he sinks the profession to a new low, if that were possible.

Well there must be interest from somewhere, probably Palace. His brother alluded to that in his tweets too.

The agent will therefor want to gain publicity to start a contract war, either City offer a new contract or Palace come in with a bid and contract for him. Either way the Agent gets a pay increase.

This has obviously back fired with Yannick half-wit brother wading into all of this on Twitter. The player would have preferred to have kept quiet and then either outcome is good for him and he doesn't look like a petulant money grabber, that's prbably why he took himself off of twitter.

So if I've got this correct from my two 5 minute looks at the forum in the past 24 hours, Yannick gets hammered based on a story about his future in the media, including abuse for which he has closed his Twitter account; this chap who says he's Yannick's brother makes a pretty unsurprising and inocuous remark about not knowing all the facts which seems to me to be a) a pretty reasonable summary of the position at that time and b) an understandable defence of his brother who can't speak for himself without getting into trouble. The result being some City "fans" (presumably the same ones who have wasted no time hounding Yannick) start getting into it with this chap too, who loses his temper and gives as good as he gets (not saying a lot, if I can predict the sort of remarks some "fans" will stoop to)

Putting aside the fact that NONE of the people involved should ever have been given access to the Internet, this is Yannick's brothers fault how? His original remark is one I would have made if I was in his situation, it was inadvisable only in so far as it was always going to "draw the fire" of whichever morons were throwing abuse around on the Internet, but in isolation was actually one of the few things that Twitter does well, it provided some quick and relevant alternative insight, that machine-fed news sources are not going to provide. This remark contained no abuse, it simply reminded certain people about the pretty reliable maxim that there are two sides to any story (or in this case non-story, since abuse was already flying without any official story) and it was a pretty normal defence of a relative.

This whole thing is an embarrassment - if there is anything going on the lad himself is obviously ill advised by an agent, nothing new there, but the only visible facts in the meantime are quite how nasty and destructive some of our fans can be. Some people need to take a good hard look at how they behave and if any of them are adults they should be ashamed they have so much time on their hands and so little sense of responsibility. People want to have their cake and eat it. Give some guy abuse for putting his head above the parapet and then come running on OTIB saying Yannick's brother said this, Yannick's brother said that, it's the sort of cowardly nonsense you expect from a 5 year old. Wind someone up then go telling on them or whining about what they said (and I'm not directing this at the OP, its just a general point about how some of our fans behave in their conduct with players, abuse them, then take the higher ground).

It's pathetic, it really is, and from that microcosm of the original Yannick's brother remark which was at least insightful as a point of view, we now have all that is wrong with the car crash that is Twitter and footballers/football fans - a total mess. Every bridge burned, a lot of nasty things said, a lot more hate flying around than existed a few hours previously, and absolutely nothing achieved. So question is why do it? It's not constructive and if anything it is destructive. And I'm not overdoing this in relation to all this Twitter nonsense when I say I wonder why people like Steve Lansdown do it. They make a very conscious decision to be constructive about this club and throw money into it, while some no-mark sat in his pants in a dark room at a computer can make an unconscious decision to be destructive and actually cause the club harm. When the club use the word 'ambassadors' they're not being patronising, seeds are sown by how fans deal with others, even in places like Twitter. For sure Yannick right now is history after all this, a few other players may think twice.

What I really hate about all this pantomime is some of these superfans who will trot out the "no one bigger than the club" line with a real venom for some players, yet like the hypocrites they are actually do everything to suggest they assume they're bigger than not just the club but all our other fans too, by taking it upon themselves to represent us all with their moronic nasty hate-filled behaviour. Arguing on Twitter does not help the club, period, so if that's your thing, and you're doing it in the name of City or City fans, well then guess what, you're actually precisely the sort of person who does think they're bigger than the club, far more so than any player, because that sort of person actually believes their own personal need to act tough and let off steam and rant and rave at others is, however destructive, far more important than thinking first and doing what might have been in the clubs interests. Honestly, this might seem like an epic but I just despair at these people, I really do. We all moan about our club and it's perpetual failures, but some of us are part of the damn problem.

If you've ever heard the expression "crabs in a bucket" you'll know what I mean, some people will keep dragging us back down to the level we're all spending so much time and money trying to get out of. Anyway, I obviously expect this to go completely over the heads of the people it is aimed at, who with no sense of irony will probably within days be on Twitter asking another City player "can I get an RT as I just passed my driving test" or some other identikit pathetic excuse for a bit of self publicity via the role of groupie to a player whose colleague one minute the next you're hurling vitriolic abuse at when you think they don't love your club anymore. What a load of self-serving emotional two-faced garbage. And before anyone accuses me of double standards, full disclosure: I created some comic strips for this forum and a t-shirt about Micky Maynard after he had given up on the pitch, left the club and talked **** about us. None of which Yannick has done, nor his brother, when the abuse started flying..... It seems so patronising to say but please please can some people, and they know who they are, grow up or shut up, FFS. And please leave players alone, it's alright, they'll survive without hearing from you.

Archived