IGNORED

Harry Redknap To Be Match Of The Day Pundit

Barrs Court Red

Personally I think it's a good move. I'd rather hear the thoughts of people who have recently been doing it, than someone that played a generation ago.

To top it off he should begin the car park, giving his thoughts out the window, before answering yet another phonecall pleading "come back" from Daniel Levey.

Of course, there is always the risk that twitchy may set off epileptic fit in young children

It desperately needs some younger ex players. I'm really bored of "That tackle wasn't even a foul in my day." And i don't mean Shearer who acts like he's 80 and contributes nothing.

The game's moved on, MOTD hasn't.

Not sure I get the Dixon love in - from what I remember he quotes the Arsenal days a lot, presume it's fine that he can, but Hansen can't then?

'Arry will be a breath of fresh air on there, not that I tend to watch it too often. Lawrenson has to be the worst pundit ever, and that says a lot, as there are some poor ones out there. Instant turn off if that gobshite is anywhere near the commentary box / pundits sofa

It desperately needs some younger ex players. I'm really bored of "That tackle wasn't even a foul in my day." And i don't mean Shearer who acts like he's 80 and contributes nothing.

The game's moved on, MOTD hasn't.

I dont mind Lineker as the anchor (except for the amount of his license fee funded wage) but Hansen and Loro have had their time.

Will the BBC be paying Harry or his dog for this?

And will it be a bonus ('arry's words) or a loan ('arry's words when he's in court)?

Since nearly all teams associated with 'arry have gone into administration will this be the start of the end of MOTD?

T'riffic news, t'riffic pundit.talk about going back 20 years.

I think the Olympics showed the worth of a really good pundit /analys;t Micharl Jordan or Ian Thorpe who don't talk in cliches and give an interesting and knowledgable insight.

As for Alan Shearer,the bloke's a complete moron.

Michael Jordan? Not quite bu would have been good. Redknapp I tolerable but McCarthy?!! I hate this man has the looks and charisma of a baked potato, hopefully he'll get another management gig and get him off the screen

The BBC's football pundits have been dull and predictable for years and I can see 'Arry being shackled by the producers to stop him saying anything controversial. At least he'll bring some humour to MoTD.

I thought Lee Dixon was the best of a sorry bunch and now he's gone to ITV who cover hardly any football we won't see him much. Shame.

As for Lineker, Hansen, Loro and Shearer............ :facepalm:

Archived