IGNORED

Dj Campbell In Talks

oldfield

I still dont get why everyone wants another midfielder, we had Elliot, Morris and Anderson all sat on the bench, all decent players, thats without mentioning Kilkenny. The balance in midfield looked good last night i thought, no point in splashing out more money on transfer fee's and wages when you already have so much cover for that position.

A decent centre back would be nice now though!

I agree and I am not overly fussed about another midfielder it's just if we did have the budget to get someone in that will improve us I wouldn't say no!

Like you, I am very happy with the balance we have in there now though!

A centre half is a must though.

In my opinion, if we go down with the team as it is now we'll be pointing the finger at the lack of a commanding centre-back, not the lack of a creative midfielder or DJ Campbell. The latter two would be bonuses but the priority has to be an Amogou type player

Neil Kilkenny, he's played the advanced playmaker role well for us before, albeit on occasion.

he has only played that role well once maybe twice (millwall away being the one I remember)

I think if players are going to depart kilkenny and Pitman will be the top of the list I can't see ether of them being anything more then a bit part this season

he has only played that role well once maybe twice (millwall away being the one I remember)

I think if players are going to depart kilkenny and Pitman will be the top of the list I can't see ether of them being anything more then a bit part this season

He's barely played in the role, all too often he drops deep or has been dropped deep where he is utterly ineffectual and gets overrun. The one that really sticks in the mind is Barnsley away, where we could have had 5.

So what does Kilkenny have in his game, that Morris doesn't?

I haven't seen enough of Morris to say, but he's got 4 assists in the last 3 years and 33 year-olds rarely play as attacking midfielders.

He's barely played in the role, all too often he drops deep or has been dropped deep where he is utterly ineffectual and gets overrun. The one that really sticks in the mind is Barnsley away, where we could have had 5.

I haven't seen enough of Morris to say, but he's got 4 assists in the last 3 years and 33 year-olds rarely play as attacking midfielders.

Thats the other one I couldn't remember cheers ron,

But isn't it nice to have a dilema at the club now we have so many attack options and a lot of quility in the squad

Archived