IGNORED

Dj Campbell In Talks

oldfield

Not sure about this signing.

As someone mentioned earlier we have probably got him a year or so too late!

Saying that though he is a good player and scores goals, but also has pace to stretch defenses.

I would rather we spent it on a Baldock etc as it would have represented better value for money with DJ being 30 of course. But who knows? Del may have pulled off a cheap deal or perhaps even a loan?

He's not got 15-20 a season since his non league days. The most he has had is 13 and that was with Blackpool in the Prem iirc

13 goals in a team that struggled in the so say best league in world tell me again as I have forgot who was are top scorer last year with how many I have forgotten I'm not having ago I just can't remember I think the natch is getting to me

Pretty clear that we are operating at the cheaper end of the Championship Market and although I can't say his signing would fill me with joy, but for a likely fee of around £500k, I'd guess someone who scored 13 in the Prem in 2010 is a logical acquisition.

They paid 1.2mil a yr ago. Wonder how much theyve accepted from us.

We shouldn't be looking at paying anywhere near that for him.

500k would probably be a good deal. Anymore than that and I would be a little surprised and disappointed.

For me that there are gems in the lower divisions we could get for good value. I wouldn't have minded paying that sort of money for Baldock as he is young, will improve, has re sale value and is what we need.

I think DJ is a good player but he has no re sale and is coming to the end of his career. I would not want to pay over the odds for him and end up having another Stewart or JCR on our hands.

I didn't realise Campbell was 30. He doesn't seem to have been around that long. Maybe he was a latecomer to the pro game. Good signing if we can get him. Showed wherever he's been that he can score goals.

He was a late one, hopefully that means his legs are a couple of years younger!!!!!

Good signing.

Would be ideal, the type of striker we are missing for sure. Quick, plays off the last man, can run the channels and scores goals.

Wouldn't think QPR would want too much of a fee.

Dont think the bristolcitysweden will be happy though!!!

Archived