IGNORED

Del.. 2 More Players Before Window Shuts.. Personally I Would

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

How good would that be..

But it won't be Buzsaky I fear.

Other two -- could well be

I've never had the impression we have been after a central playmaker. Never heard any noises about it from del, who has spelt out where he thinks we are lacking.

If Buzsaky did turn up, I would be most surprised.

I think we do. Stead long history of injuries, Taylor, been unavailable more than available for us. Davies, one big injury over the past 4 years. Which leaves pitman, always available, picked when others are injured.

But, as I think you said, del often goes one up top away from home but calls it 443.

Either way, with such a injury prone front line, I think 5 is probably a must.

To need five you'd have to have three concurrent injuries which is pretty unlikely. Far less likely than us needing a goalscoring/creative midfielder and a centre half. A fifth striker would for me rank behind those two positions as well as behind left sided cover. We can't afford a massive squad, so if that situation occurred I'd be happy to use Holloway on the bench for a few games in the interests of having a balance more toward quality than quantity in how the budget is spent.

To need five you'd have to have three concurrent injuries which is pretty unlikely. Far less likely than us needing a goalscoring/creative midfielder and a centre half. A fifth striker would for me rank behind those two positions as well as behind left sided cover. We can't afford a massive squad, so if that situation occurred I'd be happy to use Holloway on the bench for a few games in the interests of having a balance more toward quality than quantity in how the budget is spent.

Makes no difference what you or I think, seems del wants another. Maybe it spells an end for one of our existing strikers.

Makes no difference what you or I think, seems del wants another. Maybe it spells an end for one of our existing strikers.

If we are signing another Striker, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Pitman on his way.

Makes no difference what you or I think, seems del wants another.

Strange thing to say on a discussion forum since it applies to pretty much every post.

Maybe it spells an end for one of our existing strikers.

I expect if he goes for another it's because they're going to have trouble renewing contracts for Stead and Pitman. I doubt we'll see anybody leaving now other than Bolasie and Stewart if we can find some mugs to pay some of his wages.

Strange thing to say on a discussion forum since it applies to pretty much every post.

I expect if he goes for another it's because they're going to have trouble renewing contracts for Stead and Pitman. I doubt we'll see anybody leaving now other than Bolasie and Stewart if we can find some mugs to pay some of his wages.

Not really, just stating a fact taken from the main site. We have just talked around why and why we may not need a 5th striker. And at the end of the day it really doesn't matter.

We will be lucky to get stewart off the books. I would imagine we would have to pay off his contract. I can't really see him going to another championship club that would be willing to offer him the same wages. Weirder things have happened though! Best we can hope for is a wage contribution on loan I reckon.

I think we are likely to get DJ Campbell, probably on a two year deal!

Centre Back I would prefer it to be McManus but I think we are likely to sign Bikey on a one year deal so we can look at a new centre back who will last us a good few years next summer! Either that or James Wilson will show us this season that he is capable of being that right sided centre back when he has to fill in when we are resting Amougou.

Also don't forget we can also sign free agents aswell as loans even after the transfer deadline is complete, so hopefully if Bolasies going the fee plus his wages will be able to pay for a contract for Buzsaky!

Only 11 days left of the transfer window guys, all this anxiousness will be over soon!

Has to be a centre half top of the list, and a right sided one so not McManus for me. Last year we were linked with Dedryck Boyata - wonder if he's available on loan? Or maybe someone like Harry McGuire at Sheff United to make the step up?

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain Boyata is a left pegger!

This is the joy of opinions :) while I support that you feel that way.. I can't but help to think each time I've seen him play that it's like watching a baby giraffe on roller skates. You just know that something bad 'will' happen, it's just a matter of time...

Don't worry mate, you aren't the only one who moans that Nyatanga is still with us, I find him to be too clumsy and constantly hoofs the ball anywhere, hate it!!! Awful player for championship level!

Archived