IGNORED

Heaton

Super

Very, very impressed with him last night. The best overall performance I have seen from a City keeper for ages. Confident, commanded the box, great decision making, good communication. Kicks well from both feet, some of the passbacks put him under quite a lot of pressure but it did not fluster him one bit.

And.. passionate!

Hard to judge as he didn't have to make any kind of save at all

Are you serious, Heaton made 2 one on one saves in the 2nd half, 1 just after half time when they cut right through us on our right & then the other 1 at 3-1 up when they cut through us on the left.

Gerken is a decent GK and saved us last season but Heaton is far better on what i have seen..

BCAGFC

Tip top.

Comands the area well, doesn't look flustered and his kicking seemed OK to me?!

I really rate Heaton and I was saying all last season while he was number 2 at Cardiff that we should try and sign him, but his kicking on Tuesday was terrible! I haven't noticed it in the friendlies or at Forest so I would hope that he just had a poor night kicking wise.

I really rate Heaton and I was saying all last season while he was number 2 at Cardiff that we should try and sign him, but his kicking on Tuesday was terrible! I haven't noticed it in the friendlies or at Forest so I would hope that he just had a poor night kicking wise.

I recall one sliced effort but the opposing player was offside and I don't think Heaton did it by mistake!

I shall watch with more interest on Saturday.

good keeper very impresed , but is he only here till the end of the season ? if so what then?

Sure I read somewhere that if he plays 30+ games then there's a second year option but I don't know whose it is to take up. Tho if it was in Heaton's hands surely it was in place in case he wasn't uses as number 1. If that's the case and he plays in 30+ games and we're doing ok then surely he'll take it.

• Admin

He left Cardiff even though they offered him a new deal as he wanted first team football. I suspect the 1 year contract was his insistence as he didn't want to risk a longer term deal if he was not picked ahead of Gerken. If that is the correct reading of the situation I would not be surprised for City to have inserted the 30+ appearances clause & Tom to have agreed to it as it would mean he was 1st choice.

I have a Cardiff supporting mate and he was gutted they didnt keep him. Gerkin made far too many mistakes I don't think Heaton will make half as many and more importantly will command his Box whic Gerkin certainly didn't. Also believe the defence will tighten iup and have a lot more confidence in him than others of recent times.#

All in all a very very good signing and as important as Baldock / Davies

Archived