IGNORED

Moaners Pack Yer Bags (Again)

southvillekiddy

See I find these posts just as stupid as the pointless moaning threads.... one win and suddenly everything is fantastic?

I just want to point something out, Last season we won our third game, this season we won our first game, in both season we didn't win the first two, after our first win last season we went on to not win another for 11 games.

All this "let's tell the moaners to shut up" talk is just as bad as the moaners themselves because 11 games from now we could find ourselves in the exact same situation. One good win doesn't confirm that the team have turned a corner, it just gives us something to cheer for the moment. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we'll go 11 games without a win but I am saying there is no guarentee either way that this result will change our fortunes and until we're at least 10-15 games in and doing well you can't just dismiss the fact this club has not yet delivered what so many are waiting for it to deliver.#

I really hope this is the beginning of some good results but don't start getting all overjoyed on one good win, one game doesn't mean anything, it's how many points and where we are after 46 that matters and we've only played 2 of those and a cup match (which we lost). As dumb as it is to constantly moan it is just as dumb to be overly optimistic on one good result.

• Admin

Last week we poor and critiscm was rightly made about things that were wrong, but equally we played very well last night and everyone deserves a lot of credit for the hard work.

The performance last week was a shadow of last night, but either way, these boards are going to be flooded with opinions either way

Anyway off you go again find yourself something else to maon about. City just thrashed Palarse with 2 changes from the team at the end of last season

Of course there were only two changes from the team. We've been told several times on these boards already that we can't afford any new players and nobody wants to join us. :whistle:

Obviously it's silly to get carried away based on one game but, at the very least, the last 48 hours should dispel some of the myths about the board's lack of commitment and McInnes' lack of activity in the transfer market. We still need a player or two in (I'm guessing realistically we'll only get one unless Bolasie or Albert leave) but It's great that everything at least feels positive again.

All this talk of Palace being relegation fodder. How many times did we slay such a foe so convincingly last season?

This.

We all know what it looks like when two poor sides play each other and it doesn't usually result in either side scoring 4 goals.

I imagine what happened last night was a poor side facing a competent side. It doesn't mean we're anything like promotion contenders, and the difference between last Tuesday and this suggests we'll need more cover in defence, but it suggests we'll be OK this year so long as that XI remains fit and available.

See I find these posts just as stupid as the pointless moaning threads.... one win and suddenly everything is fantastic?

I just want to point something out, Last season we won our third game, this season we won our first game, in both season we didn't win the first two, after our first win last season we went on to not win another for 11 games.

All this "let's tell the moaners to shut up" talk is just as bad as the moaners themselves because 11 games from now we could find ourselves in the exact same situation. One good win doesn't confirm that the team have turned a corner, it just gives us something to cheer for the moment. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we'll go 11 games without a win but I am saying there is no guarentee either way that this result will change our fortunes and until we're at least 10-15 games in and doing well you can't just dismiss the fact this club has not yet delivered what so many are waiting for it to deliver.#

I really hope this is the beginning of some good results but don't start getting all overjoyed on one good win, one game doesn't mean anything, it's how many points and where we are after 46 that matters and we've only played 2 of those and a cup match (which we lost). As dumb as it is to constantly moan it is jus Thist as dumb to be overly optimistic on one good result.

This season we have gaffer who has a plan. We are mre well prperd for this season. The odds that we will progress is better than last years. The club is in the right direction Imo. One win ok, but Ithink its looking better this season. Looking forward and think we be midtable at least. DM very good signing from the boarder.

City can only beat whats in front of them and they did that very convincingly last night and the most refreshing thing of all was to see City start well get two up and continue to press on rather than sit back as they have so many times in the past.

As for the 'moaners'. I was delighted for Woolford in particular who has taken some dreadful stick via this forum and twitter. He shut his critics up in the only way he can - on the pitch. Well done to him.

But lets not get carried away by one good win. If we see the same level of performance against Cardiff on saturday and get another three points then maybe we could start to get a bit more optimistic.

This season we have gaffer who has a plan. We are mre well prperd for this season. The odds that we will progress is better than last years. The club is in the right direction Imo. One win ok, but Ithink its looking better this season. Looking forward and think we be midtable at least. DM very good signing from the boarder.

As I said, I'm not saying we're going the same way as last season but it's just as annoying to see people talking like we're a super team all of a sudden just as much as reading we're a useless team. I still think there is more wrong than right with the club as a whole and whilst it's the results that matter the most the club obviously needs some changing at the core too.

Everyone knows we still need to strengthen at the back and until we do we still have a glaring hole that a good attacking team will totally abuse. I'm a lot more positive about this season (even if it doesn't show), but I also know this club well enough to know that getting over excited is a trait of many of our fans and you could sell them s*** in a box if it was labelled "gold" so I try not to get swept up in it all.

Archived