IGNORED

Red Hot

sglosbcfc

OK Steve, we're cutting it a bit fine now, but we can still do it if your Pilot arrives soon.

I'm at the airport waiting...he can't miss me, I'm the one covered in Mozzie bites in a City shirt waving my England flag.....surrounded by thousands of confused Cinese people taking photographs. Oh and a few suspicious looking Military type people with big sticks and guns.....See you soon???

This is NOT a moan at people who don't/can't go, but reading through this thread and the random number of "no shows" for tomorrow got me thinking.

If you could run a survey in greater Bristol (and beyond ), how many City fans would there be?

And further to that, how many seperate people actually attend the Gate in a season (say the average gate is 13k per season, how many different people is that made up of) ?

This is NOT a moan at people who don't/can't go, but reading through this thread and the random number of "no shows" for tomorrow got me thinking.

If you could run a survey in greater Bristol (and beyond ), how many City fans would there be?

And further to that, how many seperate people actually attend the Gate in a season (say the average gate is 13k per season, how many different people is that made up of) ?

I remember John Cleese saying he went into a bar in the States early in the morning to watch City v Hull in the Play Off final and there were already two City fans in place to watch the game, ha. It is amazing how many City fans I have met on my travels all over the UK and indeed the world. I suppose it depends what you class as a fan/supporter. In my extended family there are more than 50 who would call themselves City fans. However, they range from me (season ticket holder and regular away fan) to one of my Uncle's who hasn't been to Ashton since the First division days of the late 70s!

Archived