IGNORED

Del The Salesman

tiz

Right have heard very third hand, I know nothing, that one of Del's many attributes is his fitness and training philosophy. I am told that his methods are not only very effective but fun. We have been told with many of the signings we have made that Del sales the club very well and all that enter talks with him are really impressed. Does anyone know the methods he uses. I am interested because for me the players seem to be very fit lean and full of energy. Won't bore you too much with details but when I was playing for Cleve we had two coaches I remember, one who got us fit by killing us, mind numbing length of the pitch timed shuttle runs, the hill piggy back climbs up the slopes of frenchay common, these sessions often had players vomitting. We were strong fit but knackered and unhappy. The second coach Colin Macfadden ex British Lion and Bristol coach came and everything we did was with ball hard work but utilizing ball skills. We got fit worked hard and without knowing it. We got promoted two years on the trot and won the combination cup. We were fitter stronger better happier and basically the same squad.

Would love to know if anyone knows Del's methods as it certainly seems to be working with the players and potential signings. Am i over cooking this as one of the things in getting a players interest.

Yes with out doubt but I am sure the players look fitter leaner happier. This stuff interests me and a saints pal from Perth has told me del is well known for his training. Perhaps I am reading too much into it all. But have been told that Wilson amougu were keen to train to train with Del.

Got to remember that McInnes didn't retire from playing that long ago so what players enjoyed in training during his career would be fresh in his mind. As for our players looking lean and fit just think back to Marbella, twice daily sessions and all that. Can't think of any other City manager that did that.

Right have heard very third hand, I know nothing, that one of Del's many attributes is his fitness and training philosophy. I am told that his methods are not only very effective but fun. We have been told with many of the signings we have made that Del sales the club very well and all that enter talks with him are really impressed. Does anyone know the methods he uses. I am interested because for me the players seem to be very fit lean and full of energy. Won't bore you too much with details but when I was playing for Cleve we had two coaches I remember, one who got us fit by killing us, mind numbing length of the pitch timed shuttle runs, the hill piggy back climbs up the slopes of frenchay common, these sessions often had players vomitting. We were strong fit but knackered and unhappy. The second coach Colin Macfadden ex British Lion and Bristol coach came and everything we did was with ball hard work but utilizing ball skills. We got fit worked hard and without knowing it. We got promoted two years on the trot and won the combination cup. We were fitter stronger better happier and basically the same squad.

Would love to know if anyone knows Del's methods as it certainly seems to be working with the players and potential signings. Am i over cooking this as one of the things in getting a players interest.

anybody can read this forum... best we keep the methods under wraps. ;)

Anyone who has trained their fitness will tell you it can feel like death. To train to pro footballers level must be hard to even comprehend, not everyone can do it i bet.

If Del can manage this while keeping them at peak level without getting injured, complacent, bored or even angry he's doing well. Fun? Haha, anyone walking from a training session thinking its fun should drop and give us 20! If he can make it fun too then well done!

Seriously though, very mpressed with everything about DMc, attitude, personality, respect he seems to command and of course the players he's managed to bring here for us.

He does have to sell the Club, he has to sell himself, the Club even us fans :laugh: and the other players too, but sell can be a crude word, i think inspire' is more fitting. He was clearly inspired by joining and and it seems hes able to convey that to all around him, including the players. His job is not under threat, he has no baggage at all. For me he's the perfect gaffer!

Wow, should really not build him up too much, but the signes are good.

Anyone who has trained their fitness will tell you it can feel like death. To train to pro footballers level must be hard to even comprehend, not everyone can do it i bet.

If Del can manage this while keeping them at peak level without getting injured, complacent, bored or even angry he's doing well. Fun? Haha, anyone walking from a training session thinking its fun should drop and give us 20! If he can make it fun too then well done!

Seriously though, very mpressed with everything about DMc, attitude, personality, respect he seems to command and of course the players he's managed to bring here for us.

He does have to sell the Club, he has to sell himself, the Club even us fans :laugh: and the other players too, but sell can be a crude word, i think inspire' is more fitting. He was clearly inspired by joining and and it seems hes able to convey that to all around him, including the players. His job is not under threat, he has no baggage at all. For me he's the perfect gaffer!

Wow, should really not build him up too much, but the signes are good.

Some prem team will come sniffing... nailed on certainty and it'll happen often. Just gotta hope he we keep him and his family sufficiently happy in Brizzle and he continues to do what he is doing; remember though, still early doors. Fortunately we are blessed with a gorgeous city.

Some prem team will come sniffing... nailed on certainty and it'll happen often. Just gotta hope he we keep him and his family sufficiently happy in Brizzle and he continues to do what he is doing; remember though, still early doors. Fortunately we are blessed with a gorgeous city.

Aye

*crys at not living in Bristol anymore*

Look at Coyle at Bolton, done wonders at Burnley and his first season at Bolton, but now some fans want him out.

ha ha ha ha ha do one mr mcghee and get your own training programe ....... they sags will try anything :)

Kunle is featured on todays BCFC Podcast....

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2898155,00.html

Always enjoy the interview with Kunle, very interesting chap!

Only thing I would say is the brief chat covered things I already knew, his history etc!

Rest of Podcast was good, Heaton sounds a good lad, driven and determined to get the best out of his career.

ha ha ha ha ha do one mr mcghee and get your own training programe ....... they sags will try anything :)

If Tiz was Mr McGhee (I know Tiz and wouldn't even call him a gas head on someone elses phone), it would be easy.

Tell the fat bastards to eat less pies!

Archived