IGNORED

What A Difference A Good Manager Makes

harvey54

I know that we still have defensive frailties and that the sooner we get a dominating centre-back the better but it's difficult to believe that I am watching the same club that started last season so abysmally.

We fight and press all over the pitch. We pass to feet, hold the ball up and move off the ball so much better.

We support each other so that there always appears to be 2 players available.

We have attacking options coming out of our ears and we finally have competition for places all over the park.

The last two home games have been like a breath of fresh air and it's a pleasure to watch the way we are playing. Last season Cardiff would have rolled us over today and bullied us off the park but that didn't happen today and I'm really proud of the boys.

Delboy you beauty. Go on my son!

CTID

Harve

Good post.

Like how he's solved the conundrum of how we can play 4-4-2, by having two quality central midfielders who can pass, tackle, cover ground and complement each other, too.

Happy days.

Our central midfield is so important and Skuse/Pearson combined make the rest around them tick over very well.

i was at the press conference post game with my son and DMC took the time out to make him feel really welcome , a credit to whoever got him into the club and a great bloke all round .. cant fault his attitude and what he is bringing back to the gate .. very happy days !!

i was at the press conference post game with my son and DMC took the time out to make him feel really welcome , a credit to whoever got him into the club and a great bloke all round .. cant fault his attitude and what he is bringing back to the gate .. very happy days !!

He is a class act who will go onto managing at the top level. We are lucky to have him.

I remember when we first appointed Del and St Johnstone fans said he would keep us safe then make sure we started winning games and preventing goals. A lot of people forgot that, and started to doubt him when we struggled. But so far, he's kept us up and got us winning games. We look like we're playing good football and all he needs to do now is keep the confidence up and secure us defensively. Give us a season or two and he'll definitely be pushing for us to get promoted if we keep up this progression.

When we all seen the shortlist for the job, I was so desperate for the club to pick Derek as he just seemed to ooze class and will only get better with age. I had lots of people saying to me it's a bad choice as he lacks championship experience but look at us now, I don't hear a single fan saying they are dissapointed with Del. Even those who said he's been poor in the transfer window need to have a re-think. We all asked for a GK, CB, LB, CM, LW and a ST and we've so far got a very good GK on a free transfer, a top class left back who's only 21, an experienced CM in Morris and also signed Pearson on a perm contract, Anderson has came in on the wing but Woolford is like a new signing atm and Baldock and Davies have came in as strikers... that's more than we could have asked for and all we are hoping for now is that top quality CB to finish the squad off.

We are only going one way and that is up. Gotta make sure we enjoy it.

agreed young energetic and ambitious....in all fairness i can see him guiding us to a very respectable mid table position this year, which given the bookies an pundits putting us as one of the favourites to go down would be fantastic......

i hope mciness will be with us for next few years, i am happy to eat humble pie in the fact that i did not renew my season ticket which was very misguided given the fact i hadnt given him a chance to have his onw pre season and signings....however i am very hopeful that we will be playing some entertaining football this season and look forward to the half year season ticket offers in jan.

to think we had millen i8n charge this time last year and no hope see,s a long time ago now

When we all seen the shortlist for the job, I was so desperate for the club to pick Derek as he just seemed to ooze class and will only get better with age. I had lots of people saying to me it's a bad choice as he lacks championship experience but look at us now, I don't hear a single fan saying they are dissapointed with Del. Even those who said he's been poor in the transfer window need to have a re-think. We all asked for a GK, CB, LB, CM, LW and a ST and we've so far got a very good GK on a free transfer, a top class left back who's only 21, an experienced CM in Morris and also signed Pearson on a perm contract, Anderson has came in on the wing but Woolford is like a new signing atm and Baldock and Davies have came in as strikers... that's more than we could have asked for and all we are hoping for now is that top quality CB to finish the squad off.

We are only going one way and that is up. Gotta make sure we enjoy it.

And we've got Mark Wilson too remember.

Me and my son met the man today in the after match press conference he took the time to give my son a hand written birthday card , signed his 2004/5 top after the whole thing too ... was awesome to see the guy around all the press etc , this club has found a gem .. both on and off the dugout he seems to be everything we've ever wanted :yahoo:

Me and my son met the man today in the after match press conference he took the time to give my son a hand written birthday card , signed his 2004/5 top after the whole thing too ... was awesome to see the guy around all the press etc , this club has found a gem .. both on and off the dugout he seems to be everything we've ever wanted :yahoo:

Sorry that was meant for facebook .. few too many sherberts :)

No doubt McInnes is a good manager but he has had the luxury of having a full pre-season and been able to off load most of the players that weren't in his plans. He's also been able to bring in several players of his own choice. He must be one of the few City managers that have had that opportunity so early in their City careers.

That said, he's done the job very well so far. Now if he could only adopt such a attack minded style away from home.......

No doubt McInnes is a good manager but he has had the luxury of having a full pre-season and been able to off load most of the players that weren't in his plans. He's also been able to bring in several players of his own choice. He must be one of the few City managers that have had that opportunity so early in their City careers.

That said, he's done the job very well so far. Now if he could only adopt such a attack minded style away from home.......

As did Millen , give it up now you ****.

He was firefighting last season, now it's HIS team !

Very Very True........Been going down the Gate since 1957 and this is the first year for a long time that I have bought a season ticket. Sadly I knew I would miss this and Palace game and even worse have missed 8 goals !!! Given the time Del will get us where we want to go and hopefully this time, we will stay there.

So did Millen . Get over it Millen wasn't good enough and was out of his depth.

HA HA, so did millen he had all last summer, and this time last year you were the only moron left fighting his corner that he would turn this club around....

you got embarrassed by his failures just like when Gary Johnson made you squirm when he put you on the spot for the slander you were spouting.

We would of gone down if we had kept Millen...FACT

Archived