IGNORED

Adomah

Who Are Rovers?

He's our x factor,something that Cardiff for instance haven't got.

Someone who will win us a game out of nothing.

His decision making was awfull today as was his shooting, but at times he tore Cardiff apart with his runs.

Also( most importantly) they were always aware what he could do and had 2 players tracking him,leaving space in other areas for us.

He's our x factor,something that Cardiff for instance haven't got.

Someone who will win us a game out of nothing.

His decision making was awfull today as was his shooting, but at times he tore Cardiff apart with his runs.

Also( most importantly) they were always aware what he could do and had 2 players tracking him,leaving space in other areas for us.

At least someone on here has actually played the game ! Well said that man.

You lot are clueless.

At least someone on here has actually played the game ! Well said that man.

Come on then oh self righteous one, let's hear something resembling an opinion on this then?

Are you saying that Adomah's decision making is good? That he uses his talent properly by making intelligent runs in behind and provides an end product more than 1 in 10 times he has the chance?

Are you saying he isn't vastly over-rated?

He's a decent player at this level who has been woefully short of form for a long time now, He's exceptional at dribbling past players but not exceptional at knowing when to give the ball to someone else so runs down blind alleys a lot. He can't defend at all and has the positional discipline of Stevie Wonder on an ice rink.

Albert has the ability to go as far as he wants in the game... I just doubt whether he has the intelligence.

That's my opinion, if that's unpopular or clueless then so be it... But some counter arguments might be more useful to a forum than the pointless one liners.

Come on then oh self righteous one, let's hear something resembling an opinion on this then?

Are you saying that Adomah's decision making is good? That he uses his talent properly by making intelligent runs in behind and provides an end product more than 1 in 10 times he has the chance?

Are you saying he isn't vastly over-rated?

He's a decent player at this level who has been woefully short of form for a long time now, He's exceptional at dribbling past players but not exceptional at knowing when to give the ball to someone else so runs down blind alleys a lot. He can't defend at all and has the positional discipline of Stevie Wonder on an ice rink.

Albert has the ability to go as far as he wants in the game... I just doubt whether he has the intelligence.

That's my opinion, if that's unpopular or clueless then so be it... But some counter arguments might be more useful to a forum than the pointless one liners.

Tell me this. Would you rather have him playing for us or against us ? I think the fact that every team bar none stick 2 players on him each time he plays says it all. I agree he didn't have the best of games today but he is still one of the best outlets we have and when he does make space for himself he scares the opposition to death. He would be the first choice on my team sheet every week.

Harsh stuff on Albert here. I think he looks sharp, commits men and dribbles well. One thing I think goes un-noticed is his runs off the ball, takes defenders out of the game and opens up space.

He is the one player in the squad that opposition are genuinely scared of, this gives us a fear factor before we even kick off. Players like this are rare.

Tell me this. Would you rather have him playing for us or against us ? I think the fact that every team bar none stick 2 players on him each time he plays says it all. I agree he didn't have the best of games today but he is still one of the best outlets we have and when he does make space for himself he scares the opposition to death. He would be the first choice on my team sheet every week.

If he was as good as people claim he would be able to adapt to the added attention from the opposition, hence my opinion he is over-rated. I certainly didn't notice much in the way of doubling up today and he still had no joy.

I do rate Albert as a decent player, I just think he has a long way to go before he is anywhere near the player people are adamant he is. He's a frustrating player to watch as his decision making is so poor... I suppose it's very easy for me to comment on that from my seat in the Dolman, but when you see a player who has all the attributes to succeed at the highest level (Pace, skill, balance, finish, occasional cross) but doesn't do the right thing it can grate.

Like I said earlier though, He's had two poor games at home this season and scored one and set up another... I'd hope that would mean that if and when he hits a bit of form he'll improve on that too? ha.

If he was as good as people claim he would be able to adapt to the added attention from the opposition, hence my opinion he is over-rated. I certainly didn't notice much in the way of doubling up today and he still had no joy.

I do rate Albert as a decent player, I just think he has a long way to go before he is anywhere near the player people are adamant he is. He's a frustrating player to watch as his decision making is so poor... I suppose it's very easy for me to comment on that from my seat in the Dolman, but when you see a player who has all the attributes to succeed at the highest level (Pace, skill, balance, finish, occasional cross) but doesn't do the right thing it can grate.

Like I said earlier though, He's had two poor games at home this season and scored one and set up another... I'd hope that would mean that if and when he hits a bit of form he'll improve on that too? ha.

He wasn't poor against Palarse, especially in the last 30 minutes when he tore a tiring Palace defence to shreds.

Just has to be someone getting stick on here, Albert always offers something, and is a big player for the club but 'hey carry on I am sure you can sap his confidence.

Exactly. What I particularly like is the way some small minority like to do a bit of character assassination. Having a bad game suddenly becomes "not trying/bigheaded/wanting a move".

Here's a thought: Albert shared a house with his best mates Bolasie and Carayol who've both moved. He's seen lots of players go in and out this summer and has been the subject of transfer speculation himself.

He's probably a bit unsettled and distracted. It happens. Support him and it'll blow over quickly enough. Start all this horse shite about him not trying and wanting out and it will become one of those conveniently self fulfilling prophecies.

He's been our best player for a long while, he deserves a bit more respect than calling him vastly overrated (never read anything more stupid on here and that's saying something), suggesting he's "lost his pace and can't beat his fullback" (wtf is that guy smoking) or any of the other bollocks people seem to feel the need to spout.

Exactly. What I particularly like is the way some small minority like to do a bit of character assassination. Having a bad game suddenly becomes "not trying/bigheaded/wanting a move".

Here's a thought: Albert shared a house with his best mates Bolasie and Carayol who've both moved. He's seen lots of players go in and out this summer and has been the subject of transfer speculation himself.

He's probably a bit unsettled and distracted. It happens. Support him and it'll blow over quickly enough. Start all this horse shite about him not trying and wanting out and it will become one of those conveniently self fulfilling prophecies.

He's been our best player for a long while, he deserves a bit more respect than calling him vastly overrated (never read anything more stupid on here and that's saying something), suggesting he's "lost his pace and can't beat his fullback" (wtf is that guy smoking) or any of the other bollocks people seem to feel the need to spout.

I'd like to agree with your logic, but it sort of goes against the main purpose of a forum, which is to discuss topics of interest related to BCFC. Albert deserves some criticism for today. He didn't play well, in my humble opinion of course.

I'm a huge Adomah fan, but I'm not calling him shit by acknowledging he had a bad game today. The Cardiff players were giving him space seemingly based on reputation as opposed to anything he actually did in the match. I'd say his malaise from the outset of the second half was the ringworm that led to us conceding.

I'd like to agree with your logic, but it sort of goes against the main purpose of a forum, which is to discuss topics of interest related to BCFC. Albert deserves some criticism for today. He didn't play well, in my humble opinion of course.

Not really, since I'm not talking about discussing his performance. I'm talking about those posters who like turning a bad game into "he's not trying" and all the other nasty little insinuations that are just plain damaging, or who completely exaggerate e.g. "woefully short of form for a long time" and "vastly overrated". Pointing out weaknesses in a performance is one thing, but the latter is unacceptable particularly when we're talking about our best player who's pretty much carried our attacking threat for two seasons.

Not really, since I'm not talking about discussing his performance. I'm talking about those posters who like turning a bad game into "he's not trying" and all the other nasty little insinuations that are just plain damaging, or who completely exaggerate e.g. "woefully short of form for a long time" and "vastly overrated". Pointing out weaknesses in a performance is one thing, but the latter is unacceptable particularly when we're talking about our best player who's pretty much carried our attacking threat for two seasons.

This.

See, I think you're misunderstanding what I meant by that. I'm not saying he's a bad player at all. I just think there is a lot of over the top comment on him. Do you not agree he has quite a few areas of his game where he needs to improve to become the 'premier league class' player so many say he is? It isn't just my view that since the period around the Coventry game he hasn't played anywhere near as well as we know he can. I'm not sure why that is. He could have been 'figured out' or it could be poor form or it could be he is missing his mates (Feeble argument in my opinion, but I'm no psychologist.)

Either way, I think Albert has an exciting style of play which perhaps papers over the cracks in regard to the end product. If Wooly ghosted past several players before giving it away for the last 18 months instead of just giving it away then people would have been a lot more forgiving... End result however is the same.

I don't see that his head has been turned or anything like that. Can't question the guys effort. He's a top bloke as far as I can tell, but I was offering criticism of his game. Perhaps it wasn't worded sufficiently to get my actual point across?

And to Ten minutes of rough, I do not want to single him out at all. This is a thread entitled Adomah... It makes sense for him to be the topic.

It's a team game and today the team won 4-2 against Cardiff. A great team result and a great performance by all the players and management.

The one poor performer of the day seems to be an otib poster, he obviously went missing today turning up late for the match post mortem and was promptly sent to Coventry for his lack of effort. We have better posters on the bench however so he wont be missed.

Albert is a good player . He made a couple of errors today which will be highlighted because the usuall whipping boys played well. Wingers are like that and hopefully when Messi Woolford's form drops off , Albert will pick up the reins.

If only his feet were connected to his brain, he would be truly brilliant.

Some times I'm not sure that he even knows what he is going to do with the ball.

Some of his footwork trickery is awesome, but then again some of his link up play and shooting isn't!

But that's Albert for you and I'll be more than happy to see him remain a city player.

Albert is a good player . He made a couple of errors today which will be highlighted because the usuall whipping boys played well. Wingers are like that and hopefully when Messi Woolford's form drops off , Albert will pick up the reins.

I don't know about the other posters in this thread, But I've been lambasted on this very forum for being overly positive/loyal/supportive of the club. I don't feel I fit ito the category of highlighting poor performances simply because players like Woolford performed well. I have actually defended Woolford throughout his stay too.

I don't think I've said anything particularly untoward about him anyway, Merely not agreeing with the popular consensus that he is our best player. (Though when on song he is clearly among them)

Clearly Albert is a confidence player,also he is still finding his feet at this level, he I know does read this forum,, and is a brilliant personality to have around, he is for me a dying breed of footballers,honest and seemingly loyal, he loves this club, just think he is allowed a off day occasionally without having a thread about ..''how poor he was today'' and 'did nothing except score against Palace''.

The Irony.

Nobody is saying he isn't allowed to be poor, but this is a place entirely designed to pass comment on individual performances as well as the team.

I don't think he did well against Palace until he scored a late goal. That's my opinion of which I am entitled.

Archived