IGNORED

Adomah

Who Are Rovers?

Not really, since I'm not talking about discussing his performance. I'm talking about those posters who like turning a bad game into "he's not trying" and all the other nasty little insinuations that are just plain damaging, or who completely exaggerate e.g. "woefully short of form for a long time" and "vastly overrated". Pointing out weaknesses in a performance is one thing, but the latter is unacceptable particularly when we're talking about our best player who's pretty much carried our attacking threat for two seasons.

The thing is though.. cos its a forum, people are going to offer an opinion as to why he didn't perform well and why shouldn't they.

You yourself have illustrated one reason.. his flat mates moving on .. other posters might think the rumours regarding an approach from a prem club may have had an effect on him. All possible and all open for discussion. Those comments that cross the line and I agree there are some, I don't pay any attention to, its the price we pay for an open forum.

Anyways, your right in that he has been our most consistent performer since he's arrived and l hope that continues for some time to come.

Someone said to me today

"He's a good player in a poor team , a poor player in a good team."

I don't agree but what does everybody else think based on his 3 games so far ??

To be honest, that rings true. Last season Albert was our only saving grace, he gave us hope on the pitch when no other player could and he was the only entertaining player in a red shirt. Now with our 'new' team, he seems to be the only one who I would say has had poor games. He's a decent player either way, I hope he finds some form soon.

See, I think you're misunderstanding what I meant by that. I'm not saying he's a bad player at all. I just think there is a lot of over the top comment on him. Do you not agree he has quite a few areas of his game where he needs to improve to become the 'premier league class' player so many say he is? It isn't just my view that since the period around the Coventry game he hasn't played anywhere near as well as we know he can. I'm not sure why that is. He could have been 'figured out' or it could be poor form or it could be he is missing his mates (Feeble argument in my opinion, but I'm no psychologist.)

Either way, I think Albert has an exciting style of play which perhaps papers over the cracks in regard to the end product. If Wooly ghosted past several players before giving it away for the last 18 months instead of just giving it away then people would have been a lot more forgiving... End result however is the same.

I don't see that his head has been turned or anything like that. Can't question the guys effort. He's a top bloke as far as I can tell, but I was offering criticism of his game. Perhaps it wasn't worded sufficiently to get my actual point across?

And to Ten minutes of rough, I do not want to single him out at all. This is a thread entitled Adomah... It makes sense for him to be the topic.

It's all in the way you say it. There are certainly a few areas of his game he can improve. After all, Messi could be better in the air. But there's no need to resort to saying utterly stupid things just to make that point. You exaggerate in a damaging way. "massively overrated" is just one example of this. Sure, some people might get a bit carried away but he has been our best player for some time. I don't see why after two home wins and eight goals, several of which Albert's played a key role in creating, there's this need to pillory him for not being quite as devastating as he has been in recent times.

Also, you could do with watching a bit more carefully before being so overly critical. For example, it seems to have escaped your attention that Albert was double marked today, triple at times, and that as much as that prevented him from being an outlet for Wilson, nor did Wilson go beyond him much and give him an option. A big part of the reason we had such success down the left is the gaps left by overloading one side.

• Admin
I'd like to agree with your logic, but it sort of goes against the main purpose of a forum, which is to discuss topics of interest related to BCFC. Albert deserves some criticism for today. He didn't play well, in my humble opinion of course.

Albert was a member of a Bristol City side who, having been amongst the bookies favourites to get relegated 3 games ago, beat the pre-season favourites for promotion, banging four goals past them in the process. I personally find it a little strange that anyone deserves criticism in that scenario!

Albert was a member of a Bristol City side who, having been amongst the bookies favourites to get relegated 3 games ago, beat the pre-season favourites for promotion, banging four goals past them in the process. I personally find it a little strange that anyone deserves criticism in that scenario!

Indeed. Why people are criticising a player who has been an integral part of of a team that has scored 8 goals in 2 games winning both in emphatic style.

Also worth mentioning he provided the assist for Pearsons opener.

Let's save out criticism or when the team actually deserve it!!

Albert is one of the few pros today who seems to be genuinely grateful for the opportunity to play football and get paid for it, he is a modern day Scotty Murray and while not always at the top of his game, he is a proper entertainer and the only player in our side who opponents seem to have to double up on.

He is still relatively new to the pro game and will improve even more as time goes on.

Sadly some of the morons on here posting nonsense about AA wouldn't recognise a quality player in a month of Sundays.

Fortunately DM does know his value, hence his comment about needing Albert when Barnsley went down to ten men.

Come on then oh self righteous one, let's hear something resembling an opinion on this then?

Are you saying that Adomah's decision making is good? That he uses his talent properly by making intelligent runs in behind and provides an end product more than 1 in 10 times he has the chance?

Are you saying he isn't vastly over-rated?

He's a decent player at this level who has been woefully short of form for a long time now, He's exceptional at dribbling past players but not exceptional at knowing when to give the ball to someone else so runs down blind alleys a lot. He can't defend at all and has the positional discipline of Stevie Wonder on an ice rink.

Albert has the ability to go as far as he wants in the game... I just doubt whether he has the intelligence.

That's my opinion, if that's unpopular or clueless then so be it... But some counter arguments might be more useful to a forum than the pointless one liners.

+1

That's two of us clueless !

Archived