IGNORED

Louis Carey

Derk94

After another great performance today, I can safely say I still think Carey is the best defender we have! Reads the game very well and had the Cardiff forward in his pocket for most of the game as he did Zaha on Tuesday! I really hope he manages to beat Ateyo's appearances over the course of this season as he is still very much a competitive championship player and will do more than 'a job' for us!

Upon retirement, he will be more than worthy of a statue in honour!

Wasn't great today by any means, couldn't handle Helguson at all and fouled him on numerous occasions in dangerous positions, where as Fontaine was excellent throughout. Carey was also caught napping with players getting in behind him too easily.

Hope he breaks the record though.

Wasn't great today by any means, couldn't handle Helguson at all and fouled him on numerous occasions in dangerous positions, where as Fontaine was excellent throughout. Carey was also caught napping with players getting in behind him too easily.

At least he knows how to head a ball unlike Fontaine who made just as many mistakes as Carey

Hope he breaks the record though.

Bit harsh, thought he was better than fonts. he is solid. Only got beat once for pace from what i seen.

He doesn't commit himself to situations he knows he cannot get to, the fact he understands he has little pace and just takes up a decent position in the middle is very clever defending.

His distribution was a little more direct yesterday than usual, but he's STILL the only centre half we have who likes to bring the ball out of defence at his feet.

LOUIS LOUIS!

Yes well done Louis......

Just turning my attention to Mark Wilson.

I was reading some good things about him on this forum. I didn't rate him against Cardiff especially going forward. Of course he may of had an off day, just like to hear what you guys thought of his performance??

Louis could score a hat trick and lift the FACup and still not satisfy a minority of City supporters who insist on denigrating him, irrespective of his performances, despite him being a genuine 24 carat club legend. Was the pick of our back 4 yesterday in my view and has thus far fully vindicated McInnes'' decision to offer him an additional year. People bang on about his age and experience but seem happy that his proposed replacement is a player a year younger with considerably less experience and who is recently recovered from injury!!! I hope he breaks John Atyeo's appearance record because I am too young to have seen the great man play, but have seen Louis represent this club with great aplomb since his teens. What he is on the cusp of achieving is monumental in the modern game, and he is doing so on merit. A bit more appreciation from the detractors may not go amiss!!!!

Louis could score a hat trick and lift the FACup and still not satisfy a minority of City supporters who insist on denigrating him, irrespective of his performances, despite him being a genuine 24 carat club legend. Was the pick of our back 4 yesterday in my view and has thus far fully vindicated McInnes'' decision to offer him an additional year. People bang on about his age and experience but seem happy that his proposed replacement is a player a year younger with considerably less experience and who is recently recovered from injury!!! I hope he breaks John Atyeo's appearance record because I am too young to have seen the great man play, but have seen Louis represent this club with great aplomb since his teens. What he is on the cusp of achieving is monumental in the modern game, and he is doing so on merit. A bit more appreciation from the detractors may not go amiss!!!!

Well said that man

After another great performance today, I can safely say I still think Carey is the best defender we have! Reads the game very well and had the Cardiff forward in his pocket for most of the game as he did Zaha on Tuesday! I really hope he manages to beat Ateyo's appearances over the course of this season as he is still very much a competitive championship player and will do more than 'a job' for us!

this is why i dont understand why we need a 33 year old monk :/

I'd have to look at all three goals City conceded this week to work out who, if anyone was at fault. Cardiff's second yesterday was a miss-kick that fell nicely for Helguson. That said he was unmarked on the far post...

Carey is and has always been a steady but average Championship/Div 1 player. He was ok yesterday, did his job adequately but didn't stand out as Caulker used to. He's always been a tad clumsy and commits far too many unnecessary fouls, often for crashing into forwards from behind or climbing. One thing he has cut out is the endless and aimless long hoofs up the pitch which used to drive fans nuts. A change of manager seems to have knocked that out of him.

When he finally hags up his boots I'll remember him as a steady defender who holds the club appearance record.

I to really hope Louis Carey sets a new record and I also hope that if he does the game is a sell out for City fans. I doubt that this record would ever be beaten again.

I'd have to look at all three goals City conceded this week to work out who, if anyone was at fault. Cardiff's second yesterday was a miss-kick that fell nicely for Helguson. That said he was unmarked on the far post...

Carey is and has always been a steady but average Championship/Div 1 player. He was ok yesterday, did his job adequately but didn't stand out as Caulker used to. He's always been a tad clumsy and commits far too many unnecessary fouls, often for crashing into forwards from behind or climbing. One thing he has cut out is the endless and aimless long hoofs up the pitch which used to drive fans nuts. A change of manager seems to have knocked that out of him.

When he finally hags up his boots I'll remember him as a steady defender who holds the club appearance record.

Agree Robbo. Personally I'd prefer the club record appearance list to be headed by our greatest ever player - a man good enough to play half a dozen times for England - but that is not to denigrate the work ethic of a decent defender who has sweated blood for the cause.

I wonder how many successive Bristol City managers have seen fit to select this 'steady but average Championship/Div1 player' who does his job 'adequately'?! Comparing him to Caulker is like comparing all subsequent City strikers to Andy Cole!! For someone who held such a lofty post in the Supporters Club for so long, it does surprise me sometimes that you never seem to give any credit to those who achieve most at this club!

I wonder how many successive Bristol City managers have seen fit to select this 'steady but average Championship/Div1 player' who does his job 'adequately'?! Comparing him to Caulker is like comparing all subsequent City strikers to Andy Cole!! For someone who held such a lofty post in the Supporters Club for so long, it does surprise me sometimes that you never seem to give any credit to those who achieve most at this club!

Just being honest Andy. Carey has never been a great player. He's been steady, adequate and reliable. A good pro just like plenty of other players who were never PL standard.

I'm not getting his impressive appearance record confused with his ability. It seems that some others are.

Agree Robbo. Personally I'd prefer the club record appearance list to be headed by our greatest ever player - a man good enough to play half a dozen times for England - but that is not to denigrate the work ethic of a decent defender who has sweated blood for the cause.

But Jackie was Polish...

I never thoughtt I would post this, but I agree wholeheartedly with the lentil muncher ;)

Thought he was a bit slow and was at fault for the goals

Those mistakes aside he was decent

How in anyway was he at fault for the second? Even the first he lost out in a header which Heaton saved brilliantly then Skuse lost out to Mason in the air so surely more Skuseys fault?

Archived