IGNORED

Scott Murray Surfer Flag

Sidebet

This was answered in another thread. Something to do with it being too wide so overlaps gangways. Or something like that in the atyeo.

Could it have fit in the dolman? Or maybe the owners don't want it there unsupervised? Which is fair enough.

Would look good in dolman.

Hope it stays in the eastend as its good fun.

I know they always section off seating between us and away fans but if man city and man u games just have a line of stewards then why cant we? All premier league games use the same technique.

Would have loved for it to come out. And the parkenders flag looked great !

Yes, we did a risk assessment and that threw up some challenges with the size and shape of the flag for that stand.

We will need to raise a bit more cash to purchase surfers that work better in the Atyeo and Dolman. Volunteers are needed in each stand to help as well.

Yes, we did a risk assessment and that threw up some challenges with the size and shape of the flag for that stand.

We will need to raise a bit more cash to purchase surfers that work better in the Atyeo and Dolman. Volunteers are needed in each stand to help as well.

Cheers pal

Could you clarify what the challenges were or point me in the direction of where I could find out?

Risk assessment? It's a bit of cloth for gods sake!

Try telling that to the elf and safety people at the club. That sounds like im slagging the club off, I'm not, just if we want to have the things we want as fans, we have to play by the rules set by those ultimately responsible if something goes wrong.

Try telling that to the elf and safety people at the club. That sounds like im slagging the club off, I'm not, just if we want to have the things we want as fans, we have to play by the rules set by those ultimately responsible if something goes wrong.

I'm struggling to see what can really go wrong though... Ah well, the worlds gone mad, which we all knew anyway.

I'm struggling to see what can really go wrong though... Ah well, the worlds gone mad, which we all knew anyway.

I guess, if the exits are blocked by the flag, and there is a need to exit quick, it could cause chaos.

Well, that's one make beleive reason.

The flag is 12m deep and 9m wide in a portrait format. Each tier of the Atyeo is about 8m deep. The flag would straddle the walkway that cuts across the middle of the Atyeo. When surfing the flag from left to right it helps to keep hold of the top or the bottom (not always). In this case it would have been surfing across the stand and over people walking along the walkways. A landscape flag that is around 8m deep will overcome this. Also, the weather forecast was terrible, with high winds and torrential rain forecast. As it was, it turned out much better, but we weren't to know this.

I wrote a risk assessment and was asked to sign it because there is a risk to public safety.

The sooner we can get the cash together to purchase the second flag, the better. It can then be used for the lower and upper Dolman as well. By and large, this appeal is falling on deaf ears at the moment :me?:

The flag is 12m deep and 9m wide in a portrait format. Each tier of the Atyeo is about 8m deep. The flag would straddle the walkway that cuts across the middle of the Atyeo. When surfing the flag from left to right it helps to keep hold of the top or the bottom (not always). In this case it would have been surfing across the stand and over people walking along the walkways. A landscape flag that is around 8m deep will overcome this. Also, the weather forecast was terrible, with high winds and torrential rain forecast. As it was, it turned out much better, but we weren't to know this.

I wrote a risk assessment and was asked to sign it because there is a risk to public safety.

The sooner we can get the cash together to purchase the second flag, the better. It can then be used for the lower and upper Dolman as well. By and large, this appeal is falling on deaf ears at the moment :me?:

Didn't realise it was that big! I now understand why...

Thank for explaining, makes sense. Shame this wasn't thought about before the flag was done but nice to see everything is considered when it comes to ensuring safety.

The Murray surfer is by and large being funded by the East End lads and is best suited to that stand. Ideally we will produce another flag to surf the other stands, which was always the plan :whistle:

How much more do you need to raise, can we have a final drive on here/elsewhere to try and tip you over the target?

Archived